Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbie Frog suits 75% off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Only clicked this to see WTF a Herbie frog suit is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Pretty sure he's in the Wind In the Willows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Same. I thought I'd have my Halloween costume sorted for this year :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I thought this was some sentient vw car / amphibian crossover. Little disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Well that's disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

good qualiy suits ..thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

I thought they would be like a wet suit for scuba diving!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Thought it was a kids fancy dress thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is 46R their biggest waist size?

I need a slim fit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Kramer wrote: »
    Is 46R their biggest waist size?

I need a slim fit :D

Yeah seems like slim pickings now, there was 8 or 9 suits there yesterday but they are clearing fast.

These suits are top notch and of great quality, all of them are over 50% wool based, I recommend going a size up as they are slim fit.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure he's in the Wind In the Willows

Jaysus that brings me back to Junior cert English

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Many thanks OP.

A few family functions coming up this year and picked up a lovely suit for my eldest lad at a great price. Says he'll use it for his debs too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Thanks very much OP; great suits and bargains.
    Heads up for buying if you have the normal ones - for the slim fit you do need to go up a size.

Have we really gotten this bad; people wonder why bargain alerts is gone quiet and this is the first response.
    Herbie Frogg is a reasonable well know brand in suits and it said suits in the title; I think it's a pity that if you dont know something that we just mock and try have a laugh at our own lack of knowledge rather than trying to enhance our knowledge. If higher end menswear/suits are not your thing then no one expects you to know the brands but IMO responses like this just mean people dont put up bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

How do you get it delivered? Seems to say it doesn't ship outside of the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

macjohn wrote: »
    If higher end menswear/suits are not your thing then no one expects you to know the brands but IMO responses like this just mean people dont put up bargains

I had no idea what they were, and the response was in no way mocking. You'd want to have very thin skin if that would make you want to stop putting up bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Herbie Frogg is a reasonable well know brand in suits and it said suits in the title;

Yeah, but it didn't say MEN'S suits... I just saw "Frog suit" and click to find out wtf was going on.

Maybe the lesson is to give BA post better titles? You'll notice Frogg was misspelled too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have we really gotten this bad; people wonder why bargain alerts is gone quiet and this is the first response.
    Herbie Frogg is a reasonable well know brand in suits and it said suits in the title; I think it's a pity that if you dont know something that we just mock and try have a laugh at our own lack of knowledge rather than trying to enhance our knowledge. If higher end menswear/suits are not your thing then no one expects you to know the brands but IMO responses like this just mean people dont put up bargains

It was a joke. Do you have jokes where you come from? :pac:

BTW, the title says "Frog suits" and my reply bumped the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Looking for a bit of advice on this. I’ve a slim fit suit at home which is a size 48 EU which I think is a 38 UK. Figured I should be looking at size 40 in Herbie Frogg suits as I noticed a poster on here saying to order a size up and they even recommend that on the website. Only fear is if I do that size 40 UK is a waist size of 34 and I’m a 32 in waist. Should I chance looking at 38 and hope the suit isn’t too tight or go for the size 40 and chance that the waist on the pants isn’t too big?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I don't know the brand here so this is more general advice - I'd always get the jacket to fit and worry about the trousers later. A tailor's, somewhere like the zipyard if you've one near, will adjust the waist on trousers easily. I've done it loads, I think I only paid €10-15 for it each time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

I don't know the brand here so this is more general advice - I'd always get the jacket to fit and worry about the trousers later. A tailor's, somewhere like the zipyard if you've one near, will adjust the waist on trousers easily. I've done it loads, I think I only paid €10-15 for it each time

That’s great! Thanks for the advice. Ya pretty sure there’s one nearby. I’m based in Galway so a good few alteration places about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,626 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Redo91 wrote: »
    That’s great! Thanks for the advice. Ya pretty sure there’s one nearby. I’m based in Galway so a good few alteration places about.

It really is very easy. I first got my wedding suit adjusted (taken in, then let out months later :pac:) but now I happily buy suits that only fit alright if I find a nice one at a good price, and just get them adjusted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"UK Deliveries
    We deliver to all mainland UK.

Over Seas
    We do not currently deliver outside of the UK."

Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Bambi wrote: »
    "UK Deliveries
    We deliver to all mainland UK.

Over Seas
    We do not currently deliver outside of the UK."

Oh well

Parcelwizard/Parcelmotel to the north. This is one of the better bargain alerts, cheers OP. Very good quality - but definitely go a size up if you want a comfortable fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Had never heard of them, don't really need a suit, although none of the ones I have for that week at the moment (my weight is all over the shop, I've had to buy a new suit every 2nd wrong I attend)
    I'm very tempted, but clueless what size to go for. Will need to do some measuring and see if in still convinced by the time I get round to it...

Also, to be fair to the what is this comments, I read through whole thread before clicking on the link, and even then I want certain that I was gonna just get to a men's suits page, or any position of how legit or good quality they are.

Redo91 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice on this. I’ve a slim fit suit at home which is a size 48 EU which I think is a 38 UK. Figured I should be looking at size 40 in Herbie Frogg suits as I noticed a poster on here saying to order a size up and they even recommend that on the website. Only fear is if I do that size 40 UK is a waist size of 34 and I’m a 32 in waist. Should I chance looking at 38 and hope the suit isn’t too tight or go for the size 40 and chance that the waist on the pants isn’t too big?

Yeah mate go for the 40 and that has trousers with an accurate waistline of 33 rather than 34 due to the slim fitting of these suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cr-07

These don't deliver outside of the UK .. ?

cr-07 wrote: »
    These don't deliver outside of the UK .. ?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112413681&postcount=24

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Just see they have a small selection of suits reduced still in a limited number of sizes.

Seriously good quality suits, they are slim fit, so maybe order a size up. Bought one when this thread was first posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

timple23 wrote: »
    Just see they have a small selection of suits reduced still in a limited number of sizes.

Seriously good quality suits, they are slim fit, so maybe order a size up. Bought one when this thread was first posted.

They're only 30 percent off so is that still a bargain compared to 75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

CWF wrote: »
    They're only 30 percent off so is that still a bargain compared to 75

Here.

Advertisement