Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

6 Months free Amazon Prime for Irish Students

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thanks OP, used my existing amazon account and now have 6 months free prime and then half price for 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Can't get into my old student email to get the confirmation email, fair enough I graduated about 7 years ago haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Have never studied in the UK. Any free courses online that make you eligible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

I can't get the music working, it wants me to pay. Any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Awesome, I have a QUB.ac.uk email address that works. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

I signed up a couple of days ago with an old college email account I had with no issues. This morning, Amazon just refunded me for my Prime membership I had already fully prepaid for 12 months without even contacting them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

slave1 wrote: »
    better off going the UK route, I signed up to the cheapest UK Online course I could find then got 6months free and next 3.5yrs half price as they offer student prime for duration of course and I put mine down as 4yrs

Where do you sign up for a UK online course that gives you a .ac.uk email address

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

presumably a confirmation email is sent to the student account? i don't have access to mine and may not get it back...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

ablelocks wrote: »
    presumably a confirmation email is sent to the student account? i don't have access to mine and may not get it back...

I sent them an email with a photo of my old plc student card ( it is dated for this year but I dropped out) all from my personal email address and got approved. It's the email address that's linked with your Amazon account.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

As an ex grad of UCC I am entitled a UCC email for life, I applied for the UCC email yesterday,which I hope to get access to in the coming week and sign up for this, I will keep ye posted as to how it goes.

Maybe other grads are entitled to similiar with other colleges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

How are people signing up with alternative college email addresses from DCU/UCD? The only option I see is .ac.uk email address

Edit - I just tried the email anyway and it worked. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Thank you OP. I had to email them, but they have given the trial to me and I was already a prime member.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Thanks very much OP - GREAT DEAL!!!

Just a quick one for others - I hadn't fully realised there was a difference;
    Previously I had signed up to Prime Video (which just gets you prime video Ireland ) but now on Amazon Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Hyblaeus

Italix wrote: »
    I can't get the music working, it wants me to pay. Any idea's?

Amazon Music Unlimited is only available in Ireland but has a separate monthly cost (has more songs than Prime Music).

Amazon Prime Music which as mentioned is part of the prime membership but is not available in Ireland, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=GK6S4CC8545EBQSV

But if you add a UK debit/ credit card to your payments options, you will be able to access Prime Music as part of your Prime membership through the Amazon music app.

I used a monzo debit card ( I presume revolut should work) and Amazon Prime Music has been working for me!

JesusRef wrote: »
    As an ex grad of UCC I am entitled a UCC email for life...

Maybe other grads are entitled to similiar with other colleges?

Same here from one of the other big colleges, graduated 11 years ago :D. I have a UK credit card so picked the UK offer with the music - great deal for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭fungie

Works with tcd.ie address no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

do you get a click for confirmation email to the address or does it just have to be first.last@college.ie

And can you change the email afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

OU812 wrote: »
    do you get a click for confirmation email to the address or does it just have to be first.last@college.ie

And can you change the email afterwards?

Yes, a confirmation email is sent to your college address and you need to click, in that email, the link to finalise sign up.

You dont need to change the email - from the sign up link you just sign into amazon as normal and then enter college email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

frankz wrote: »
    Yes, a confirmation email is sent to your college address and you need to click, in that email, the link to finalise sign up.

You dont need to change the email - from the sign up link you just sign into amazon as normal and then enter college email address.

If you have to contact them manually, you have to change the email to your college email and can change it back after. That is what I had to do. They won't register you unless you use a college email.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

UCC Umail works perfectly. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

didnt like my dcu one and looking to verification of current enrolement...
    Might need the delorian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Signed up for this hassle free.

They will be showing all the Premier League games on St. Stephens Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Same here from one of the other big colleges, graduated 11 years ago :D. I have a UK credit card so picked the UK offer with the music - great deal for everything.

Can you request an email address from them if they didn't issue one back in the dark ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

gar wrote: »
    didnt like my dcu one and looking to verification of current enrolement...
    Might need the delorian

Strange, my @mail.dcu.ie one worked no hassle, and I put in the latest possible graduation date too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

hots wrote: »
    Strange, my @mail.dcu.ie one worked no hassle, and I put in the latest possible graduation date too

Wierd just worked now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mr.S wrote: »
    Thanks OP - DCU email address from yonks ago worked fine.

For those wondering, full list of benefits is:

Fast Delivery: unlimited One-Day Delivery on millions of eligible items, and unlimited Two-Day Delivery to the Republic of Ireland.
    Prime Video: stream and download thousands of movies and TV shows including The Grand Tour and Lucifer.
    Exclusive Student Offers: save on textbooks, university essentials and more.
    Prime Music: unlimited streaming of over two million tracks and hundreds of playlists.

Anyone know if the eligible items are only those sold and fulfilled by Amazon themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tomjohn01

slave1 wrote: »
    better off going the UK route, I signed up to the cheapest UK Online course I could find then got 6months free and next 3.5yrs half price as they offer student prime for duration of course and I put mine down as 4yrs

Love to hear what what course you used...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if the eligible items are only those sold and fulfilled by Amazon themselves?

Some third party sellers use amazon to fulfill their orders, so they are included too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

So many colleges and universities in Ireland use gmail.

For example cit is first.second@mycit.ie or 012334543@mycit.ie

You could use both of these to sign up to Amazon prime free for 6 months deal and 1/2 price for 4 years.

Also gmail or any of these college mail systems has a cool trick that I use.

Basically you can create your own custom alias for each site.

first.second+facebook@mycit.ie
    first.second+netflix@mycit.ie

etc

gmail will ignor the + and whatever is after it but still deliver it to you with that as the to address. Handy if you want to make custom rules.

Now you may ask why is this important. It basically means you can use a single student account to sign up as many people to amazon prime 6 months trial.

So someone here could say anyone want a code and give them their student email address

first.second+1@mycit.ie
    first.second+2@mycit.ie

So all non students can avail of the offer. I am not going to do this as I am too lazy and have a job but you could probably make a bit of money off it if you wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Tried above with my ucc mail and didn’t work , says already registered..
    So not sure that it works...

Advertisement