Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The best pint of Guinness in Dublin/Ireland

Options
  • 06-08-2006 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭

Was thinking to myself lately If I had to drink Guinness for the rest of my life what pub would I do it in? For me it has to be Mulligans on Poolbeg St, I havent drank a better one yet. What about the rest of ye?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i don't drink it myself, but apparently the salmon leap in Leixlip is one of the best places. should be too, Leixlip being the place where guinness was first brewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Another person who is not a Guinness fan, but Mulligans is well known for its good Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Worst pint, DCU bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Had my worst pint at Witness a few years ago.

Best pint I had was in a pub called Maxwells in Lecanvey, just west of Westport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

why are there a bunch of food and drink threads here today when there is clearly a food and drinks forum on this site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

why are there a bunch of food and drink threads here today when there is clearly a food and drinks forum on this site?

:rolleyes: you do realise that with the ammount of forums on boards.ie that nearly every thread in AH could be moved somewhere else, get on with your life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

yes get on with ur life u aint no brad pitt....

:rolleyes: you do realise that with the ammount of forums on boards.ie that nearly every thread in AH could be moved somewhere else, get on with your life

not entirely true tbh, i was just making a point because today theres more threads that fit in nicely elsewhere then usual.
    stepbar wrote:
    yes get on with ur life u aint no brad pitt....

next time you want to give the same point as someone else try not to get stuck into appearances

Well im not the one with brad stuck on my bebo, so really you cant talk. Instead of being a prick, Stick to the question what pub have you had your best pint of guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

not entirely true tbh, i was just making a point because today theres more threads that fit in nicely elsewhere then usual.

If it needs to be moved a mod will do it, why waste your time saying "i think this should be in the ____ forum"

Anyways i'd prefer if boards only had a few sub forums, theres so many on here it just makes it ****

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote:
    Well im not the one with brad stuck on my bebo, so really you cant talk. Instead of being a prick, Stick to the question what pub have you had your best pint of guinness?

i don't think i was a prick at all. it was a fairly reasonable comment IMO. and the brat pitt thing is a joke. get a sense of humour...

i don't think i was a prick at all. it was a fairly reasonable comment IMO. and the brat pitt thing is a joke. get a sense of humour...

Its quite sad really, stick to the question.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

even though it's often true that guinness doesn't travel very well, Tigh Ui Saorsaigh in Ballyferriter, Co. Kerry is where I've had (many) of my best pints.

In Dublin, I've had a few good pints in smaller pubs around the place, I once made the schoolboy error of ordering Guinness in Club Anabel, and spent 6 hours unconscious as a result. I did order rather alot of guinness, and not just guinness, but it was a valuable lesson that there's a time and a place for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

anythign is better than some places here. they actually sell pitchers of guinness in some places here. ****ing atrocity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The Dragon in Tallaght village. bit of an IRA pub.

Pub opposite Eddie Rockets in Terenure, don't know name(also does an exceptional pint of Heineken).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

stepbar wrote:
    Its quite sad really, stick to the question.....
    How about sticking to the correct forums?

But anyway... the best pint for me is Grogans pub in Dublin... with the worst pint being in my local pub which is the Sheaf of Wheat in Coolock village, completely undrinkable and most of the staff don't have a clue how to pour it, you'll see lots of people drinking Guinness from the pint bottles instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved to the beer/wine/spirits board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Maybe I'm inexperienced, but I've never really found any decent pints of Guinness in any Dublin City Centre pubs. Galway, however has many a great pint of guinness. In town, Neactains, The Bunch Of Grapes and Taffes all serve fantastic pints. I'd say the best pint of Guinness is to be had in O'Conners in Salthill though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I think the best pint of Uncle Arthurs is in Fallons on the Coombe. The kegs are right under the taps because the pub has no cellar, so less can go wrong in the pulling process.

They also do a lovely toasted sandwich at lunchtime!!

Other good pints are to be found in the aforementioned Mulligans and Kavanaghs/The Gravediggers in Glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Guinness in my local in Skerries (Nealon's) does a great pint, however, The Balrothery Inn serves a truly outstanding pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

My favourite is from Kennedy's, Westland Row, Dubin. Pity it's never open on a Sunday. The pint in Mahaffy's at the crossroads is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭weemcd

Guinness in the premium level in croke park was awful. Donegal Guinness ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The bar in the Guinness brewery always served a pretty good pint, haven't been there too often but every time I was there it was amazing, but that's to be expected. Other than that you can get a really good pint in most of the more tradionally working class areas like Cork St., most locals really. Other than that most places have good and bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Galway, however has many a great pint of guinness. In town, Neactains, The Bunch Of Grapes and Taffes all serve fantastic pints. I'd say the best pint of Guinness is to be had in O'Conners in Salthill though.

Hmm, I need to get out more. I will say that the best pint of Guinness I've ever had was at Bunch of Grapes. And right after I told everyone about it and tried again I thought it was one of the more mediocre. Don't know who was having a good day, me or the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

The Goblet, Artane... The Beaumont House, Beaumont... The well known Mulligans (probably the best in Ireland!), O'Donoghues (the Thing Mote) on suffolk st. and.. Eamon Dorans (only joking :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

No doubt about it - 'The Old Royal Oak' across the road from the police station in Kilmainham. Very small pub but with dedicated customers. Della pulls the best pint anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Always liked the pints in the cobblestones in smithfield and murphys bar in rathmines. General rule is the busier the pub the worse the guinness will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gallagc8

The Harbour master in the IFSC, fairly lame pub but great quality Guinness . Agree with the guy who said the DCU bar served the worst pint. Its undrinkable.

Some of the best Guinness i ever had was when i was working as a barman at the Galway races. Apparently Guinness makes a special batch for the event. Delicious even though it was served in plastic glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Murphy's on shop street has the best pint in town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭bigears

Murphy's does have a great pint. O'Connell's in Eyre Square is another old reliable.

Advertisement