Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

180/1 - Darts Betting Thread.

Comments

Ryan Searle at 9/4 (Best price currently 5/2 ) is a great Price to beat Gary Anderson at ally pally tomorrow night.

Searle appears very unflappable and this likeable Englishman should have more than his fair share of crowd support and won't at all be phased by the occasion.

With an excellent win last time up with a high average he should fancy the job.

Anderson, on the other hand while a titan of the game I feel is more up against it than his 1/3 odds would suggest. Plagued with injuries and well documented back problems he might well throw a strop if things aren't going his way early doors. Also, it being the Scotsman's 49th birthday today he may well suffer the ill affects of any celebrations he may be having.

So I've had a decent bet on Ryan and am very confident of a bold showing from Searle whose generous 9/4 odds I expect to see plummet come 8.15 tomorrow evening.

gone For Hopp, Aspinall, Wade and Chizzy.. Odds of reward just over 6/1 the accum

Fell at the first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Had Beaton +1.5 Huybrechts to win and Evans -3.5 last night sickened especially with Evans having darts to win sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

All six games to be over 5.5 sets @26/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Gotya wrote: »
    All six games to be over 5.5 sets @26/1

Half way there - best of luck

• Advertisement

Ryan Searle at 9/4 (Best price currently 5/2 ) is a great Price to beat Gary Anderson at ally pally tomorrow night.

Searle appears very unflappable and this likeable Englishman should have more than his fair share of crowd support and won't at all be phased by the occasion.

With an excellent win last time up with a high average he should fancy the job.

Anderson, on the other hand while a titan of the game I feel is more up against it than his 1/3 odds would suggest. Plagued with injuries and well documented back problems he might well throw a strop if things aren't going his way early doors. Also, it being the Scotsman's 49th birthday today he may well suffer the ill affects of any celebrations he may be having.

So I've had a decent bet on Ryan and am very confident of a bold showing from Searle whose generous 9/4 odds I expect to see plummet come 8.15 tomorrow evening.

Great performance, can be well proud of himself. Finishing line nerves as well as the occasion (playing Ando) got to him unfortunately in the latter sets. Should be a major player in the years to come if he sticks at it. Uses 32g (fks sake) darts and still manages to bang in the ton 80s.
    A future legend perhaps. Definitely the best newcomer for me.
    As for Gary, not too shabby at all at all, he's definitely up for it.

Going with King, MvG (-2.5), Labanauskas and Humphries at about 8/1.

Bet for tonight,

Price over 5.5 180s
    Aspinall over 6.5 180s
    Bunting +3.5 sets

@9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

hawkwing wrote: »
    Aspinall still 50-1 for World's on PP...
    Not any longer 50-1,just wish i put more on ew last March:o

Going for a double today

Darius Labanauskas evs and Luke Humphries 4/7 pays just over 2/1

Both won their last round matches 4-2 and although on paper a 4-2 win over Wade by Beaton appears very impressive I felt it was done against a disinterested below par James Wade. So Labanauskas gets the nod here where I feel youth will overcome experience.

On the other hand; in the second match I feel that Humphries' win over the excellent newcomer Nico Kurz is some serious form indeed, moreso than Huybrechts win over the Dutchman Danny Noppert who I feel is not really up to this level. So I think 4/7 about the 24 yr old world youth champion is value.

• Advertisement

A hopeful treble today
    Dimitri 6/4
    Humphries 7/4
    Price (-2.5) 11/8

Pays just over 15/1

Have Gerwyn in a single (-2.5) at 7/4 . Just for the craic like

7-3 or 7-4 MVG tomorrow

Gotya wrote: »
    Quarter winners,

1) MVG ✓
    2) Aspinall ✓
    3) Chisnall X
    4) Price ✓

@118/1

Name the final,

MVG vs price @ 7/2 X

Winner,

MVG @ 5/4

Peter wright messed up my plans, winning his quarter and then beating price, so I won't be hugely surprised he'll mess up my outright bet.

Just gonna stick with the bet of MVG, tomorrow night, I could lay some off on Wright, but I won't, wrongly or rightly. I just think if I don't it gives wright all the more chance to win :)

So, in summary, fill yer boots with Peter Wright!!. Lol

Happy New year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Doing the Sky 'super boost' of van Gerwen to win the match, hit 10+ 180's & 5+ 100+ checkouts @ 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,978 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Doing the Sky 'super boost' of van Gerwen to win the match, hit 10+ 180's & 5+ 100+ checkouts @ 8/1

Well the 180s sailed through but the checkouts aren't looking great. Need the match to go the distance...

Have backed Michael Unterbuchner at 16s to win BDO.
    Probably could have got bigger if I shopped around.
    Happy enough with the price.

I see Duzzer's best mate Jim Williams is fav.

On another note I see there's no darts on bbc today, it's on eurosport.
    Disgusting I don't think is too much of an exaggeration for folks who enjoy watching
    the darts once a year.

Also I wonder if folks who backed Fallon at 2s or thereabouts got their money back or
    does antepost rules apply on darts too.

Have backed Michael Unterbuchner at 16s to win BDO.
    Probably could have got bigger if I shopped around.
    Happy enough with the price.

I see Duzzer's best mate Jim Williams is fav.

On another note I see there's no darts on bbc today, it's on eurosport.
    Disgusting I don't think is too much of an exaggeration for folks who enjoy watching
    the darts once a year.

Also I wonder if folks who backed Fallon at 2s or thereabouts got their money back or
    does antepost rules apply on darts too.

I backed Unterbuchner and scott waites myself Andy Hamilton is a decent price as well if he can get it together hes good enough to win this.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    I backed Unterbuchner and scott waites myself Andy Hamilton is a decent price as well if he can get it together hes good enough to win this.

Good luck with those. Hopefully the draw favours one of them going far.
    Have never heard of more than half of them in the comp.

I went into the bookies looking to back 1 player mainly as he played well last year, losing to Durrant I think in the latter stages.

Couldn't for the life of me think of his name or saw anything on the list on screen that rang any bells. All I could remember was he was nicknamed "the mod".

Googled him and found the name Scott Baker. Not on the list though. Was disappointed as I thought he would have a live chance here. Wonder what happened to him..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Good luck with those. Hopefully the draw favours one of them going far.
    Have never heard of more than half of them in the comp.

I went into the bookies looking to back 1 player mainly as he played well last year, losing to Durrant I think in the latter stages.

Couldn't for the life of me think of his name or saw anything on the list on screen that rang any bells. All I could remember was he was nicknamed "the mod".

Googled him and found the name Scott Baker. Not on the list though. Was disappointed as I thought he would have a live chance here. Wonder what happened to him..

He got a PDC Tour card and did reasonably well in his first year on the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Backed Suzuki for the BDO women's at 3/1 and doubled down when she went 2 legs down today at 9/2. She seemed by far the best in the tournament last year.

Backed Beau to win the women's.

4/1 was too tempting to refuse.

Suzuki the one to beat again on tonight's showing.

See Corrine Hammond is 4/5 to beat Turner on Wednesday. Try and find another
    shorty to double her up with. Beau at 4/9 in Paddy's to beat de Graaf maybe.
    Turner was pure rubbish last night against Hedman; i'd like to think that 4/5 Hammond
    is a gift.

Backed Beau to win the women's.

4/1 was too tempting to refuse.

Suzuki the one to beat again on tonight's showing.

See Corrine Hammond is 4/5 to beat Turner on Wednesday. Try and find another
    shorty to double her up with. Beau at 4/9 in Paddy's to beat de Graaf maybe.
    Turner was pure rubbish last night against Hedman; i'd like to think that 4/5 Hammond
    is a gift.

Thursday, pretty sure I seen Wednesday earlier when I was checking prices.

Decided to do the Hammond/Greaves double. 4/5 and 2/5 fair enough for these two.

Hogan to win his game tonight at 5/6 seems generous. Surely the standout performer of the competition so far.

robman60 wrote: »
    Hogan to win his game tonight at 5/6 seems generous. Surely the standout performer of the competition so far.

Hope your luck's In Rob. So close to that double 18 too and hardly anyone there to see it...

Hope your luck's In Rob. So close to that double 18 too and hardly anyone there to see it...

It was. :)

Also had all four of tonight's games in an acca at 4/1. Pity I only had a pittance on it!

robman60 wrote: »
    Backed Suzuki for the BDO women's at 3/1 and doubled down when she went 2 legs down today at 9/2. She seemed by far the best in the tournament last year.

Well done Rob... Never in doubt :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anyone know the prices of warren and Williams were in bdo at start of tournament

Anyone know the prices of warren and Williams were in bdo at start of tournament

Williams was the favourite at 11/4 pre-tournament. No idea about Warren.

• Advertisement

D. Peterson most 180s
    J. Clayton -2.5 legs
    G. Price over 1.5 180s
    G. Clemens vs A. Hunt over 6.5 legs
    Mvg vs J. Cullen over 6.5 legs

Accum @ 10/1

Advertisement