Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Dishwasher Problem

• 26-01-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

When I reset it and start the dishwasher, the motor makes a noise for 30secs to a minute then the timer light goes out, the machine stops and the start light flashes...

Anyone had this problem or any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Does it flash for a fixed number of times and then stop? If so, make a note of the number of times it does so as some Whirlpool machines indicate a fault code this way (1-13 flashes), while others display a fault code in the timer display if present (F0-FC). I'm not sure if all machines are the same but here's a list I found by Googling ...
    Whirlpool Dishwasher Error codes.

F0. 10 flashes. Sensor Break (Only shown in test programme. Not visible to customer).

F1. Single flash. NTC Break. NTC open circuit/short circuit or ambient temperature less than 3 Celcius

F2. 2 Flashes. Water leakage. Floater switch LS6 in drip tray has switched.

F3. 3 Flashes. Heating system defect. Heater or relay on control board defect. Chack also cabling.

F4. 4 Flashes. Draining failure. Drain pump, control board OWI or water indicator defect.

F5. 5 Flashes. Sprayarm Blocked (not present on VBL version. On 1 digit display will show as F and flashing start led).

F6. 6 Flashes. Water valve (WV1) is switched on but flow meter (FM) senses no impulses (less than 10 impulses in 10 secs) and the water indicator (WI) is at a low level
    Water Valve Closed. Water inlet hose blocked.
    Water inlet valve (WV1) defective. Flow meter (FM) defective (leads to FM failure)

F7. 7 Flashes. Flow meter failure. Flow meter defect. Water inlet valve defect or water inlet hose blocked.

F8. 8 Flashes. Water level failure. Sieve strongly dirty or big amount of foam inside to less water.

F9. 9 Flashes. Continuously Water Inlet. Water inlet valve mechanically not closed or control board defect.

FA. 11 Flashes. OWI failure. Dirty OWI lens. OWI defect or control board defect. Check cabling.

FB. 12 Flashes. Motorised Diverter Valve

FC. 13 Flashes. Water Hardness Sensor Failure

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

It seems that Whirlpool are fast gaining a reputation for poor Quality. It seems that since re-organisation, much of their manufacture is now based in Italy. Italian Engineering ???? -Hardly inspires confidence.
    You should challenge the original retailer where you bought the machine on the basis of the merchantable quality of their goods they sold you. Your contract to purchase is with them and is your first area of redress. It is reasonable to have an expectation of at least six years troule free service from this machine , regardless of what conditions Whirlpool try to enforce.
    Speak to the National consumer council 01 4025500 for advice. Des Mc Cormack is the big Cheese at Whirpool Ireland and can be contacted at 01 6161766. Don't waste your time calling the whirlpool call center.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭G.MAN

moceri wrote: »
    It seems that Whirlpool are fast gaining a reputation for poor Quality. It seems that since re-organisation, much of their manufacture is now based in Italy. Italian Engineering ???? -Hardly inspires confidence.
    You should challenge the original retailer where you bought the machine on the basis of the merchantable quality of their goods they sold you. Your contract to purchase is with them and is your first area of redress. It is reasonable to have an expectation of at least six years troule free service from this machine , regardless of what conditions Whirlpool try to enforce.
    Speak to the National consumer council 01 4025500 for advice. Des Mc Cormack is the big Cheese at Whirpool Ireland and can be contacted at 01 6161766. Don't waste your time calling the whirlpool call center.

oh my god!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 puzzled by code

Hi Is Des McCormack still in charge. Was delivered as replacement whirlpool dishwasher adp 2307 for a brand new never worked whirlpool. I am surfing the net and cannot find this model anywhere even on the whirlppol site. Any ideas anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Hi Is Des McCormack still in charge. Was delivered as replacement whirlpool dishwasher adp 2307 for a brand new never worked whirlpool. I am surfing the net and cannot find this model anywhere even on the whirlppol site. Any ideas anyone.

if you search adp2307 it does give results, but i dont think that is actually the product code, on the first page google brings up there are a few whirlpools for sale and they all have similar codes, all starting with adp,

i would say your machine will have a code somewhere else starting with adp,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 puzzled by code

Thanks for such a prompt reply. I found that there are machines with adp and different numbers after them also but I could not find 2307 and I was wondering the age of this. I could not find it in spare parts either. My fear is that I have an old machine on my hands. Will contact them tomorrow but I really appreciate your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭markobucko

sorry to ask a noob question but i have an adp 4608 with 6 flashes on the start button...any ideas what i can try look at???
    the main feed is fine..big pressure!!
    i guess the inlet valve is the one to look at
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

markobucko wrote: »
    sorry to ask a noob question but i have an adp 4608 with 6 flashes on the start button...any ideas what i can try look at???
    the main feed is fine..big pressure!!
    i guess the inlet valve is the one to look at
    :confused:
    F6 can also indicate the flow meter on the water matrix on left hand side as you are looking at machine

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

galway1973 wrote: »
    F6 can also indicate the flow meter on the water matrix on left hand side as you are looking at machine
    If you search the service number instead of model number.it is a 12 digit number and begins with 85

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭markobucko

solenoid on water inlet valve was knackered...just need to get one in the morning and hopefully im up and running again....
    thanks for reply

• Advertisement
Advertisement