Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bin companies

• 18-02-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

So I'd like to get some feedback on the best/cheapest bin company in Dublin south area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Deedee3 wrote:
    So I'd like to get some feedback on the best/cheapest bin company in Dublin south area?

Can't tell you the cheapest but the best is City Bins. The worst is Greyhound

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee3

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Can't tell you the cheapest but the best is City Bins. The worst is Greyhound

Ok. Thanks!
    What's the difference between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Deedee3 wrote:
    Ok. Thanks! What's the difference between them?

I got more exercise when I was with Greyhound. Every Friday afternoon myself and my neighbours used to do the bin waltz. Our bins could be 3 or 4 houses down in either direction or in the middle of the road. They could have been lying on their side. Each week we'd waltz. Pick a bin, realise it's not yours and then swap with your neighbour. Again & again until you found your bin. They didn't collect on the days advertised at Christmas.

City Bins collect at 8am on my road. Every bin is placed on the footpath outside your own driveway. This confused us at first and we miss the interaction with the neighbours. They collect on the days advertised & encourage you to leave clear plastic bags with Christmas wrapping paper along side your green bin because they realise that you will have extra stuff at Christmas

Advertisement