Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48 Months - €8.99 - Unlimited Calls & Texts / 100GB Data / EU Roaming

• 27-11-2019 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

New prepay plan from 48 Months preparing to launch "very soon" for €8.99 per month.

Order a free simcard in preparation for the launch here: https://www.48months.ie/free-sim (don't move until the official release of the plan)

Details:

48.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Are they still 3G, or have they upgraded to 4G?
    personally I'd take the 4G GoMo offer over this if it's still 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭muffinhead

biebiebie wrote: »
    Are they still 3G, or have they upgraded to 4G?
    personally I'd take the 4G GoMo offer over this if it's still 3G.

4G has been activated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

muffinhead wrote: »
    New prepay plan from 48 Months preparing to launch for €8.99 per month.

Details:

48.jpg

Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Never heard of these. What are they like. Thats a cheap deal for mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

what network do the operate under ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

4G has been activated

4G activated for Virgin as well but you never get the speed. Hope its better with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Website not working is not a great sign .......what network do they use

Down already :D

km79 wrote: »

Nothing to do with it. Just been hammered. Been with them 5 years and they run a good show.

bassy wrote: »
    what network do the operate under ?.

3 as far as I recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thank GAWWWD some other network has come on board. Gomo are a disaster to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

km79 wrote: »

They used to be a sub division of O2 who were purchased by Three. So Three? Unless there's been a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Hoboo wrote: »
    Nothing to do with it. Just been hammered. Been with them 5 years and they run a good show.

Agree,with them over a year,very happy with them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thank GAWWWD some other network has come on board. Gomo are a disaster to deal with.

Lol trust me, 48 are worse.

Simi wrote: »
    They used to be a sub division of O2 who were purchased by Three. So Three? Unless there's been a change.

That who we are all with now on the prepay
    Used to be basically for free as we were converting credit to Xbox but can’t do that anymore

Is this bill pay ? Can ya tether ?

Not sure if they'll run their friends program with the offer, order a Sim for a friend and I think you get 10 credit each, could be 20.

Not sure how the mods feel about board members ordering SIMS for each other? I know generally you can't offer sign ups, but in this case both parties earn an equal reward?

Maybe a MOD can clear that up?

Lol trust me, 48 are worse.

In what way?

MAORISH wrote: »
    Both my teens with 48 for years on the €10 membership...never a problem and online support great.. saved me a fortune .

Is it Bill pay or credit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Both my teens with 48 for years on the €10 membership...never a problem and online support great.. saved me a fortune .

Had myself, my siblings and grandparents signed up to them in their heyday. Was a grand wee network.

You just renew every month by debit card..you're not tied into any contract. You can set your membership to auto renew monthly or just dont renew if you please. A very simple crowd but no complaints here for a tenner.

8.99 now :) I don't even use the 3gb I had nevermind 100gb. Was great for roaming before, even better now.

• Advertisement

What's happens of you use the 100GB limit?
    Cut off?
    Throttled?
    Charged extra?
    Or ....nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hoboo wrote: »
    In what way?

If you think its hard get Gomo on the phone you should try 48, plus they've an awful habit of completely draining your credit depending which way the wind blows that day. I would NEVER go back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Was fairly certain these were only 3g or at least they were when I moved from them few months back. Anyone with them that can confirm they are 4g?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

irishchris wrote: »
    Was fairly certain these were only 3g or at least they were when I moved from them few months back. Anyone with them that can confirm they are 4g?

There was a post on the 48 community from the mods about launching 4G. They were rolling it out from the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Whether you can tether is key for me.have the gomo sim in a 4g router without any issues

Details:

48.jpg

If it's 4G then the Three network is going to take a hammering.
    Let's hope that 48 have properly staffed their support channels for the influx!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I hope this is for real, Gomo reception non existent in my house. Checked the 48 website but still showing original offers. I was with 48 from launch up until Gomo launch and never had a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Details:

48.jpg

Where did you get this info from as does not appear to be anywhere else online. Also what date is it expected to be live?

If you think its hard get Gomo on the phone you should try 48, plus they've an awful habit of completely draining your credit depending which way the wind blows that day. I would NEVER go back to them.

I'm on 48. Customer Service is second to none and draining credit is a new one, never heard of that or seen it mentioned in the community section. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that.

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »

Yeah, got a text and email last week and automatically updated itself that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement