Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Three weeks trying to open a Paddy Power online account

Options
  • 25-02-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Just wondering if any of you had any issues opening a Paddy Power online account?

I have being trying now for three weeks and I'm still waiting for my account to be verified.

It started with the usual, proof of address and official document, e.g. driving license. I uploaded same, tried logging into the PP site, no luck and frustratingly, never any e-mails to explain the hold-up.

All the while the requests have become ever more bizarre. The latest, tonight was;
    'We would need one of the following:
    picture of the card showing only the first 2 and last 4 digits of the card, a banks statement showing a transaction done with paddy power. or a letter from the bank stating that you were the owner of the card.'

Did anyone else here have to provide the PP online account with same. It all seems a bit much. I needed less paperwork when applying for a mortgage.

Cheers, lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Anybody else encounter these problems with Paddy Power?

Just to reiterate, I have already sent a picture of my credit card and now they want it again. It's as if they are trying to take the piss at this stage.

Not a word as to why I am getting this 'special' treatment either.

So far, I have sent Bank details (statement), picture of driving license, picture of credit card, a Sky Utility Bill and an Eir Utility bill. They still will not allow me to be a customer.

No e-mail communication, no, sorry Captain, but we need one more piece of information off you and you are good to go. Just stonewalling silence and then ever more requests for further personal information when they are contacted.

The chaps in the call center seem clueless as to what is going on.

It's absolutely bizarre. It's not even a big deal really as I have other online betting accounts but I am peeved with the amount of time-wasting they have inflicted upon me and the general contempt in which Paddy Power appears to hold the perspective new customers is breathtaking.

I'd love to hear other punter's experience on the Paddy Power website.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

I'd just like to take this opportunity for the help you guys have given me with the above query.

To think that you took time out of your busy lives to offer advice to someone you don't even know.....someone you don't even know, well, it makes this hard man here humble...and his bottom lip quiver with emotion...

I love you guys.....I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shipkast5

just seeing this thread and have same problem with WH, everything one sends them is wrong, cannot verify your account as hard make out details on stuff i have sent them on.....honestly seems like a pure stalling game, hoping i give up

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

Flutter Group (who used to own paddy powers) ramped up their ID verification earlier in the year and many people had their accounts locked for weeks running into months while they dealt with the backlog. Assuming nothing dodgy is going on you should get your account unlocked eventually just be patient, send them what they ask for and follow their escalation process if you're not getting any satisfaction.

Advertisement