Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

It's up there with Rosenthals classic miss (was that in premier league or was it last season of the old division one ??)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

ziedth wrote: »
    I assume you all saw Torres miss today. What do ya think? Worst ever premier league miss? I remember a certain Milenko Acimovic missed an absolute sitter for us (against Ipswich maybe?) a good few years ago. that was the worst I had scene but I think Torres has it now.

Oh i remember the Acimovic miss, it was against Fulham and I was at the game. It was actually harder to miss than score from where he was haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Steve Stone had an absolute howler as well, with Villa i think? Nope , it was Forrest, just found it on utub.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0WoEYCv4rU

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I think the best thing about Torres was he did all the hard work so well and then to miss an open goal :eek:

I think the best thing about Torres was he did all the hard work so well and then to miss an open goal :eek:

A shocking miss as you having done the hard work. Such a crucial miss too considering it would have made it 3-2, it would have been game on then.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I thought torres looked sharp though despite the miss..

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I thought torres looked sharp though despite the miss..

He did, took his goal very well.

The way they lined up 2nd half really suited him.

Can I also say what an absolutely cracking weekend of sports it was?

Rugby, the All Ireland, PSV-Ajax, two top games in the PL on Sunday, the Old Firm, Napoli (actually, Cavani) handing Meeland their arses, Keano scoring another in the MLS.

The only downer was Shels losing in stoppage time (again :mad:) to Limerick.

All of this was helped by UPC+ (or you poshos with your Sky+ :p)

Some weekend of sport for sure, shame about the result in Croke Park though :P But hey Kerry have to share it around sometimes i guess :D

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Some weekend of sport for sure, shame about the result in Croke Park though :P But hey Kerry have to share it around sometimes i guess :D

:D some comeback, balls of steel from cluxton !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Also had the Mayweather controversy in the boxing Saturday night which was in it's own way better then the Torres miss, anyone see it actually?

Why can't live sport be this good every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

;)

sam44.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

larry1 wrote: »
    ;)

sam44.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fair enough ;). It was a good game and well done the Dubs.

I always liked kerrymen ;)

I always liked kerrymen ;)

Same goes for me with the Dubs. My aunt is a Dub and my two brothers are married to Dubs, so it was a good day for them. You can't beat the banter between the two counties. Hopefully the rivalry will be renewed for years to come :)

Same goes for me with the Dubs. My aunt is a Dub and my two brothers are married to Dubs, so it was a good day for them. You can't beat the banter between the two counties. Hopefully the rivalry will be renewed for years to come :)

We must have a beer and discuss at the lane over the season or whenever you come home ;)

We must have a beer and discuss at the lane over the season or whenever you come home ;)

Definately mate :)

Hardest ever spurs full back on the brighton line, gotta love em :D

Spurs Shop is doing free delivery on orders on £50, including international delivery. So if someone wanted to buy 70 euro odd of gear from the spurs shop, now would be the time. Maybe some of ye could come together to get a few bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Was at the game Donal, smashing game pure tension all the way through. great banter between the fans and in fairness to the Kerry crowd were very gracious at full time congratulating us. Never seen so much emotion as I did at full time from grown men, tears everywhere. Day that will live long in my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Was at the game Donal, smashing game pure tension all the way through. great banter between the fans and in fairness to the Kerry crowd were very gracious at full time congratulating us. Never seen so much emotion as I did at full time from grown men, tears everywhere. Day that will live long in my memory.

Even better than the Carling Cup final V Chelsea!!!!!

Lads are the Dublin Spurs Supporters still meeting up for the games in Tom Mayes? Haven't been around this season yet but was hoping to check out the Wigan games this weekend.

Even better than the Carling Cup final V Chelsea!!!!!

Lads are the Dublin Spurs Supporters still meeting up for the games in Tom Mayes? Haven't been around this season yet but was hoping to check out the Wigan games this weekend.

up there with it for def.

99% they are. If Terry is on he can confirm for defo.

Nice one Mark. I was sorry to miss the day, even though my friends and family were in a state of depression after it. As hatch was saying we must discuss the banter and all that over a few pints at the lane in the near future.
    Am hoping to get there in December, failing that defo early in the new year :)

Nice one Mark. I was sorry to miss the day, even though my friends and family were in a state of depression after it. As hatch was saying we must discuss the banter and all that over a few pints at the lane in the near future.
    Am hoping to get there in December, failing that defo early in the new year :)

defo, be early in new year for me. Dec is out bar Rovers game here as we have a baby on the way. We can sort out a game over next few months.
    hope you're enjoying Oz.

defo, be early in new year for me. Dec is out bar Rovers game here as we have a baby on the way. We can sort out a game over next few months.
    hope you're enjoying Oz.

Sound out Mark, yeah its been a good experience mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

anyone know if the everton game that got called off has been given a new date yet?

anyone know if the everton game that got called off has been given a new date yet?

bump..anyone know the story with this fixture??

bump..anyone know the story with this fixture??

No announcement made on it yet. Possibly waiting to see how we get on in Europe?.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    No announcement made on it yet. Possibly waiting to see how we get on in Europe?.

cheers mushy its just that we've a comp in my local which iv all but won but i cant collect my winnings untill this game is played so all teams have the same games played..nightmare 240 euro looking at me everytime i go in for a pint.oh well.cheers

• Advertisement

cheers mushy its just that we've a comp in my local which iv all but won but i cant collect my winnings untill this game is played so all teams have the same games played..nightmare 240 euro looking at me everytime i go in for a pint.oh well.cheers

All the sweeter when you do finally collect it ;)

Advertisement