Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Decide TV Show that was a One Season One Hit Wonder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The Black Donnellys sounds like something I'd watch

and a pity vote for My Dead Dad because it sounds so bad it could be trainwreck tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ShaneU wrote: »
    The Black Donnellys sounds like something I'd watch

and a pity vote for My Dead Dad because it sounds so bad it could be trainwreck tv
    My Dead Dad was quite funny when you were pisht.
    That reminds me of another show I forgot to nominate, The High Life a great Scottish sitcom about air stewards. Alan Cumming starred in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,003 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My Dead Dad was quite funny when you were pisht.
    That reminds me of another show I forgot to nominate, The High Life a great Scottish sitcom about air stewards. Alan Cumming starred in it.

I will add in one of the other up coming rounds

Alan Cumming needs an Eli (The Good Wife) spin off series

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Who's through from the first 2 groups Liz?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Necro wrote: »
    I don't know any of these :pac:

Same. I’ve heard of one show since this whole thing began :p

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Notmything

My so called life. No idea who the others are

I haven’t seen any of these so I’ll cast one more vote for Tiger King :D

Tiger King was close with Freaks & Geeks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not seen any but as a fan of Sorkin, Studio 60 is on my tbw list. So I vote for that.

The only other one I heard of is My So Called and while it has a good rep I can’t bring myself to vote for it as I I don’t like the cast.

Also, whoohoo, Tiger King is out (and hopefully soon forgotten).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

quickbeam wrote: »
    Not seen any but as a fan of Sorkin, Studio 60 is on my tbw list. So I vote for that.

Pilot was great, but I don't think it consistently hit those heights again.
    Wonderful cast.
    The only other one I heard of is My So Called and while it has a good rep I can’t bring myself to vote for it as I I don’t like the cast.

Ah but back then they weren't Claire Danes & Jared Leto et al
    They were just Angela Chase and Jordan Catalano... I still remember the names of the characters without having to IMDB it.
    Its good rep is thoroughly deserved though it may have dated somewhat.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I watched and really liked The Black Donnellys, so a vote for that.

Team Knight Rider was a travesty, if it has a chance of getting through I'll vote for something else to keep it out.

I don't know any of these :pac:

Same as so I’m voting for....

Alcatraz - cos I’ve been there.

Bunhead - as that’s how I’m wearing my hair today

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Alcatraz - cos I’ve been there.

As a tourist or er.... a lengthier stay :eek:

:P

As a tourist or er.... a lengthier stay :eek:

:P

I put my bronze swimming badge to good use

:D

I might put up a few rounds tonight as probably cannot tomorrow if that is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

The Black Donnellys, a great ensemble cast.

I've remembered a few more one season wonders that I didn't include in my list and am kicking myself. :o

One of them could do well if it was nominated by someone.

The Black Donnellys, a great ensemble cast.

I've remembered a few more one season wonders that I didn't include in my list and am kicking myself. :o

One of them could do well if it was nominated by someone.

PM if you want they could already be in

Well, obviously Firefly.

I don't think I now any of the others enough to vote, though I did love Good Omens the book.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Don't know any of them bar Firefly.

Don't like Firefly so not voting there either :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Firefly by a light year...
    Havent seen any of the rest!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Haven't seen any of them but I'll place on last resort, because Andre Braugher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is there anyone out there who wants to collude to vote for the same two series other than Firefly? :pac:

necro I'm looking at you :D

Firefly ; it's hard not to love Firefly (there's obviously something wrong with Necro and Shane, but I already knew that), and while overall there's other shows I'd like to see the tournament more and tactically it might be better to not throw this Goliath a vote in the early days, but there's nothing else that it's up against here, that I can justify not voting for Firefly, as it is class.

Reverie ; I've never heard of this before but after looking at the IMDB page and watching the trailer, and adding in the fact I love Sarah Shahi on Person of Interest, and Dennis Haysbert on 24, I'll definitely be checking this out. There's some other shows of this bunch that I have actually seen at least a few episodes of and thought they were fine (none that I'm absolutely crazy about though), Reverie seems more interesting to me than any of them, so gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Firefly and havent seen any of the others, Im going to vote Reverie

Just look at the premise, I mean whats not to like :D

A former hostage negotiator takes a job retrieving people who are lost in a virtual reality program.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Round 4

Two of my nominees in this lot, so it's an easy choice for me

Good Omens - Never read the book, but the show was great fun from start to finish. Started slow but man oh man, did things pick up. Tennant and Sheen are a match made in Heaven. Or Hell, whatever your persuasion

Reverie - Quite a fun show, has a few mysteries to keep you going. I'm not surprised it didn't get renewed for a second season, but I'm definitely not disappointed by the time spent watching it

Last Resort had one of my favourite pilot episodes of any TV show. Sadly it went downhill very quickly, and rushed to an abrupt ending when they realised it wasn't been renewed

Firefly, I honestly think is overrated. It's okay, but I'd much rather Dark Matter

I don't know any of those so passing on that round.

• Advertisement

Firefly, I honestly think is overrated. It's okay, but I'd much rather Dark Matter

Dark Matter is amazing, and I would rate it higher than Firefly. Even though it lasted 3 seasons, it still got cancelled far too soon.

Advertisement