Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Not only the man of the peeeeople, but also the man with the plan
    ...all he's missing is a white van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭urgelgru

Joe's got a map out and now and he's allocating people to courses where there's space. SIMPLES.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Mammy making life difficult fit the young laddín

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's a good lad.

Do you know him Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Duffy's not a very good Ad for 3rd level - perhaps if he had spent more time with his bukes and less time student rabble rousing he wouldn't be such a thick.

• Advertisement

The parents of all the straight A students want the exam now.

Joe: education is such a gift!

But joe was off sick that day.

3rd level stats are the biggest scam going.

sligojoek wrote: »
    He's a good lad.

Do you know him Joe?

A great bhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭bigroad

God forbid little Jonny or Mary don't make it to college disaster for the modern family.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sorolla wrote: »
    A great bhoy

A beauriful bhoy.

Romania has a medical foundation course, of four years I think. Then you can do a couple of years postgrad you become a doctor, nurse, physio, scientist etc. Our idiotic Medical Council thought it was a full medical degree and employed one or two non-qualified Romanian “doctors” on the basis of it. It’s a course I’d love to do as I find the stuff very easy to learn & understand, but I’d hate to be an actual doctor in an a&e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Joe has swiftly moved back to the weddings because the phones have lined up with people telling Joe he's an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Another "gift"

Is it word of the day.

Could Megan not study medicine?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's the student with 9 As who won't get their moment on the lunch time news that I feel sorry for.

A beauriful bhoy.

I know I know I know
    Sorry, I’m new here so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

My first choice was to dance in river dance in bewleys to the music of the artane brass band. I am entitled to this.

Tommy Fleming, Sooperstar!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭shearforce

for the love of fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh God my parents love Tommy Fleming....I lost a lot of respect for them...I grew up with wall to wall Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles and the stones....my parents have officially got old

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's the student with 9 As who won't get their moment on the lunch time news that I feel sorry for.

They're nearly always from Cark, so it's a Brucie Bonus really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

As suspected / feared fridays now have a musical guest lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Joe has solved the issue in less than an hour in his show and has identified practical solutions. I stand in even more awe than I did weeks ago.

gmisk wrote: »
    Oh God my parents love Tommy Fleming....I lost a lot of respect for them...I grew up with wall to wall Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles and the stones....my parents have officially got old

Tommy is a nice lad.
    Saw him regularly walking the dog in Iniscrone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Who is this? Another mate of Joe's?

Bryan Tubridy had Bono this morning, now Mr. Duffy has Tommy Fleming.

Is this de Noel Kelly Promo Spot?

Joe has solved the issue in less than an hour in his show and has identified practical solutions. I stand in even more awe than I did weeks ago.

Wat colour are de padded walls in your cell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

can anyone find link to dat doctor who cud not find knee bone. joes plan wipl have loads like dat next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

As someone who lectures part-time in a University to say you're over-simplifying would be generous. You have to be trolling.

Maybe you're part of the system then Butters? What Duffy is principally suggesting is that anyone who has applied for 3rd level gets a place and then the wheat is sorted from the chaff after the 1st year. He's then muddied the waters by suggesting they get their first 'choice' on their CAO application which is clearly daft.

But the above is broadly how I understand the USA college system works. Students enter certain faculties, study a general core course inc standard modules in math and English etc., with a few other chosen modules and only after they've settled into the system do they progress onto their chosen undergrad programmes proper.

• Advertisement

The Jeep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement