Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eBook deals!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Harika wrote: »
    You could poke amazon customer service and claim you were too busy yesterday, so maybe they can do something? I think this is why the German version of it was cancelled, and the steam flash deals, as too many people missed them and then complained.

Worth a try I suppose!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Books 2 & 3 of Garth Nix's Old Kingdom series are on kindle daily deal. No idea what they're like myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gollancz have a load of books for 99p.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Six books bought there, including "Sharp Tales" that I would have been buying full price otherwise. Cheers!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there trickery involved to get those onto the kindle?

Edit: D'oh, just saw the kindle link there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Oh I panic when I see deals on things and I can never remember what I want to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well that turned out to be an expensive spree.

Really great offer though!!

Some top class stuff on there.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well that turned out to be an expensive spree.

Really great offer though!!

Some top class stuff on there.
    Anything you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

wyrn wrote: »
    Anything you'd recommend?

Rivers of London (Dresden in London)
    Red Knight
    Lies of Locke Lamora
    Name of the Wind
    Crashing heaven
    Roboteer

I've read those, all good.

Twelve kings (read his other series and it was really good, unusual setting)
    Heart of granite (sounds good)
    House of shattered wings ( great reviews)
    Year of our war (it's meant to be excellent)
    Barricade

To be honest, there doesn't seem to be a poor book among them. Although I don't like urban fantasy much and boy with a porcelain blade didn't grab me when I tried to read it.

Thanks for that. Love the Rivers of London / Peter Grant series. The Hanging Tree is out in November.

Cheers for the rest of the list. I'll check them out. The current Humble Bundle books offer is SF by scientists. Some of them look quite interesting.

• Advertisement

Already read:

Rivers of London
    Final Empire
    The Lies of Locke Lamorra
    The Name of the Wind
    The Year of Our War
    Crashing Heaven
    Blue Remembered Earth

All, with the exception of the last, are a good to excellent read.

I had bought some of others previously but have yet to read (Twelve Kings - on the strength of his previous work, Luna, Glorious Angels, and Something Comes Through).

And yet still I ended up buying:

Stranger Tempest
    Heart of Granite
    Sharp Ends
    Obelisk
    Red Knight
    The Boy with the Porcelain Blade
    The Islanders

In other words - I've considered half of the titles worthy! One of the best e-book sales I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Bought Rivers of London, Luna, Something Coming Through, Obelisk, Synners and Sharp Things, tempted by one or two others and had read quite a few already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Great stuff. I got a lot of them for 83p which is quite nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some of the prices have gone back up, but I was still able to get three new books, and a whole lot more added to my Wishlist. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Damn. I missed this and the prices seem to be gone back up.

Bought Rivers of London for a couple of euro though so not a dead loss:)

Picked up a few deals today
    Forge of Darkness:(Kharkanas Trilogy Series) by Steven Erikson (£1.99)

Vicious by V.E. Schwab for £0.99

The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker (not strictly SF/F but Halloween is coming up) for £0.99

Deaths End (book 3 of Three Body Problem) is only £2.63 at the moment on Amazon, it's only out a few weeks so a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Annihilation (The Southern Reach Trilogy, Book 1) is on amazon today as deal of the day for 0.99 pence. Absolutely worth it.

Ramez Naam's Nexus trilogy are only 99p each at the moment.
    I loved the first one so have picked the other two up.
    Nexus
    Crux
    Apex

• Advertisement

Big sale on at the moment, lots of stuff reduced like Sanderson, Abercrombie, Schwab etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mcgovern wrote: »
    Big sale on at the moment, lots of stuff reduced like Sanderson, Abercrombie, Schwab etc.
    Where? Amazon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Looks like there is a "12 days of kindle" sale on with loads of 0.99 prices on Amazon all right

Where? Amazon?

Sorry, yeah it's Amazon, this will show a few of them but there are more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Awful layout. Still can't complain about getting years' worth of reading for a score.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Here's a link filtered by sci-fi / fantasy.

I've picked up four books (3 of the new Mistborn books and Charlie Ander's novel).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I picked up The Witcher books. I'm not sure they will be great having been translated from Polish but it sounds like an interesting world to take a look at based on the game series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh this is dangerous

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Half thinking of buying everything on ixoy's list and trying to discover some gems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Cheers, grabbed the rest of the Witcher books and some Sanderson books I hadn't picked up yet (Having already bought a few the other day at full price!).

Advertisement