Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I've ordered one so when I receive it I'll stick up a pic or two. Also, after finally getting Masterpiece Thundercracker direct from toysrus.com (didn't use Ebay in the end), one of the Asian site I use finally got them in stock. Robotkingdom have it at 109 dollars (toyrsus price is 79dollars). So if you want it and don't want to use Ebay, it's a good option.

Lost plot with Toysrus.com. Ordered MP Thundercracker and it was in stock. Got a confirmation. Two days later told my order was cancelled. Emailed them told them this was unexceptable, they said it was out of stock and sorry. Then got a shipping confirmation, then another mail a day later saying it was in stock.

Paypal says now I've two orders with them for toysrus. Dunno what's going on to be honest.

I checked the tracking and at least one has been posted so I'm happy with that but their ordering service is a joke.

(I bet when I get Thundercracker in my hands I'll be saying "I luv you toysrus...."):P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Worst comes to worse one of the guys here will surely buy the 2nd one from ya

You're probably right, but I can't seem to let go of the ones I've bought twice by "accident" :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

TRU online is a mess. They pack badly too. Any point filing a claim on one, or just tell your friend to send the second one back, if they ship it, that is.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've made a complaint about it for the first order they cancelled which they are following up.

I had re-ordered it as they said it was canceled, end of.

They then came back with the apology after the 2nd order has shipped. They are mailing me about the first order which is pending that I don't need any more and I just want them to drop it, but they don't seem toget why I no longer want it..madness. If the order goes thru I'm sure I'll just off load it, if I can let myself do that :)

Seems a few got one a couple of weeks early.

[url]Http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-117334[/url]

And it is absolutely dx size. There are New pictures circulating that prove it.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Seems a few got one a couple of weeks early.

[url]Http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-117334[/url]

And it is absolutely dx size. There are New pictures circulating that prove it.

Sorry, my kanji is limited and it's asking for a login. Is there another link? cheers.

Yeah, link isn't doing a thing now.

*annoying*

Try this one.

http://bbs.actoys.net/read.php?tid-1172585.html

Ah yes, seen a fair few of these images. Really brings me back to the day I got Sideswipe from my folks from the Argos catalogue (Sept '84 I think - Still have him - prerub :)). Always had love for that figure after that.

• Advertisement

Masterpiece Thundercracker has arrived at my mates house. Sweet. Finally.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DBK wrote: »
    Masterpiece Thundercracker has arrived at my mates house. Sweet. Finally.:D

You got 2 right? Would you sell the second at cost?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You got 2 right? Would you sell the second at cost?

Sorry, they only sent one. Though I still have the order pending on Paypal so if it comes to fruition, I'll sort you out. I was going to keep the 2 but I've done this so many times I'm not bothered this time.

Ill fight ya for it lol

Even though we've seen official comparison pictures, here it looks a bit bigger than i thought.

143zxiv.jpg

Can't wait for it to arrive. Love the masterpiece series.

^ I just folded and bought. Did you go with Robotkingdom too?

Yeah, order that, Red Alert and Soundwave when they were announced, from Robotkingdom. Then the cassettes too. Couldn't bring myself to pay 179dollars for the TRUs MP10. Luckily I got it from the TRU site for 99dollars and free shipping.

I'm actually thinking about getting the MP10-B one, even though I swore I won't. Dunno why it's drawing me it, I had repaints. (Apart from the seekers)

so .....C'mon then whats the best option for getting masterpieces :) damn transformers ...drawing me back in

so .....C'mon then whats the best option for getting masterpieces :) damn transformers ...drawing me back in

Oh, I'll try give you the way I buy them or places:

Robotkingdom: Nearly always use these guys. Shipping is that costly and they are cheapest for most of their masterpieces. Only thing is, they take the money off your card when the toy is ordered, even when it's a preorder.

TFSource: American site. Have a good selection and the prices are in line with most american sites. Their delivery and packaging though are second to none. So if it has to be a mint box, these are your guys.

Bigbadtoystore: Again, prices and shipping like TFSource. I've used these for my fort max as they only take the money once the toy is shipped so you can pre-order and save up over time so you're not taking a big hit.

Ehobbybaseshop: Prices are similar to Robotkingdom and they do have some masterpieces that have sold out elsewhere. Got my mini Fort Max off them with no probs.

Toy Arena: Again, american prices. The packaging is grand and their shipping is also great. Got a MIB Op Prime off these and the box was not even creased so happy days.

So, I dunno if that answers any questions. I'd normally visit all these site, add them to the cart so I can see what the total cost is. Visit XE.com for a converstion and see what happens from there.

• Advertisement

Kapow-toys are also good.

Upside is they're in the UK, so no customs hassle..... they *can* be more expensive, but sometimes the end price is actually about comparative to importing.

Also, Dublin City comics have a few masterpieces if you don't want the hassle of importing at all. Think they have starscream and skywarp for about 140euro and an Op Prime which I think was about 130 and a Megatron too. Again, compare online prices with shipping, then add the hassle and see if that will save you a little stress. :)

^ They might have had a Masterpiece Grimlock as well?

wernstrom! wrote: »
    ^ They might have had a Masterpiece Grimlock as well?

They had. Sold a few weeks ago I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They're worth dropping a mail re: anything specific you're looking for as they rotate stock a lot and get new stuff in all the time.

Does Forbidden planet on the quays still have any transformers? Haven't been in there in ages. The last time I was there they had a Masterpiece Starscream in cartoon colours but it was like 180euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Does Forbidden planet on the quays still have any transformers? Haven't been in there in ages. The last time I was there they had a Masterpiece Starscream in cartoon colours but it was like 180euros.

I was in there a week or so ago. They had some Transformers Prime toys and a a few leftover DotM toys. Nothing outside the main lines really.

Does Forbidden planet on the quays still have any transformers? Haven't been in there in ages.

Unless you like "Prime" not really worth the bother, and even then they mostly only have the shelfwarmers unless you've v quick.

Thanks Guys. Think the internet is really the only way to go to get what you really want.

• Advertisement

I messaged Dublin City Comics been in there before for Marvel stuff seem like a decent lot in there :)

Advertisement