Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

candycock wrote: »
    Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh just a bully and a bad vibe off her, I lived close to her many years ago and her rudeness and bullyish attitude shun through.

I don't think it's inexplicable to dislike a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Rothko wrote: »
    I don't think it's inexplicable to dislike a bully.

U can think what ever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I won’t watch Nationwide since she is presenting

Tbf, avoiding watching Nationwide is easier than a hermit avoiding Coronavirus.
    ......become a priest. Vow of poverty, vow of celibacy etc
    (Tho we know that the vow of poverty is 'debatable' among the higher ups).

The vow of celibacy is very debatable as well.

He's constantly on radio/tv as is that other priest that was on DWTS - to a great number of the irish population their opinions mean nothing - when they stop hiding all the secrets and admit all the wrongs, then maybe, just maybe, we can start believing in them again - but I doubt it.

Oh Fr Ray is the fella who bothers me. I don't watch DWTS, but there's something 'odd' about him... yeah, it's inexplicable.

As for believing. You can believe or not believe-doesn't matter if it's Fr Brian or Fr Ray talking crud. The church is a barrier to believing, frankly.
    (Saying this as someone non-religious, btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I won’t watch Nationwide since she is presenting

Me either, ok it was never ‘must watch tv’ but there is a serious disingenuous vibe off her, almost talking down to the audience. I don’t think she has enough gravitas or genuineness to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,147 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That woman from Cavan in the Aldi ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

That woman from Cavan in the Aldi ad!

I dunno...there's something about the way she laughs... If say she's up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That Paddy Cosgrove lad. What a ballbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Be right back

Appears to think he knows it all. His Twitter account is embarrassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Angela Lansbury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,147 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He’s just bitter about his web summit thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Noel Cunningham. If you're from Donegal you'll know who I mean. He's in the local papers every week, pictures on social media stuck at some event and even his voice iritates me when I hear it on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,034 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes John... total bell-whiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

venusdoom wrote: »
    Noel Cunningham. If you're from Donegal you'll know who I mean. He's in the local papers every week, pictures on social media stuck at some event and even his voice iritates me when I hear it on the radio.
    Isn't he the lad who looks a bit like Rod Stewart?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Stewball

Neale Richmond.
    Always seems so concerned with everything no matter how trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Isn't he the lad who looks a bit like Rod Stewart?

In a way, if Rod was pulled backwards through a blackthorn hedge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

And was tangoed.

Anyone know who this 'Crossy' guy is on twitter? Apparently works for some radio station (that I don't listen to-which is a long list too, tbh).
    But generally gets upset about EVERYTHING. Then overshares everything too.

I didn't even want to know who he was-and then it seemed everyone and their auntie was responding to his tweets (Muireann O'Connell for one).

Yeah, that's him he was on Irish celebrity come dine with Brian Kennedy and some Michael Jackson obsessed journalist, those two started throwing wine in each others faces because of some long running feud.

Yeah, that's him he was on Irish celebrity come dine with Brian Kennedy and some Michael Jackson obsessed journalist, those two started throwing wine in each others faces because of some long running feud.

If I remember correctly, the 'feud' was something incredibly trivial. I think the journo said something along the lines of 'I never write about Brian cos he's boring' or something like that. (It all felt staged).

Bizarrely, Paul Martin (the journo) and Brian both had to fight their own separate battles with cancer. Brian's I believe was colon cancer, Paul's was Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If I remember correctly, the 'feud' was something incredibly trivial. I think the journo said something along the lines of 'I never write about Brian cos he's boring' or something like that. (It all felt staged).

Bizarrely, Paul Martin (the journo) and Brian both had to fight their own separate battles with cancer. Brian's I believe was colon cancer, Paul's was Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

brias brother died of cancer during brians cancer media appearances which wasn't mentioned at all

brias brother died of cancer during brians cancer media appearances which wasn't mentioned at all

It was mentioned-he brought it up himself too. There'd been falling out, so to speak, in that family (Brian Kennedy's family, I mean) and him and his brother had grown distant.

But they reconciled before his brother died. His brother had pancreatic cancer (and you've got little to no chance against that thundering monster- it's pretty much the worst cancer you can get) and I think it was known (but unspoken) that one brother was gonna survive. And sadly, the other one wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Could RTE stop putting on that Doireann Garrity ad on every time it goes to ad break...its probably one of the most poorest attempts of comedy they've tried to shove on to rte and they are relentless in trying to push her on to the irish viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Could RTE stop putting on that Doireann Garrity ad on every time it goes to ad break...its probably one of the most poorest attempts of comedy they've tried to shove on to rte and they are relentless in trying to push her on to the irish viewers

Her and her sister(s), I’m not sure how many of them there are. They seem to be everywhere recently, tv, advertisements, magazines, newspapers. I don’t know why they’re being relentlessly promoted and I’m not sure what they’re actually ‘famous’ for, but they’re very irritating.

If it's any consolation her career in show biz will soon hit the skids.

It seems to me that lately if RTE push you like mad and give you lots of exposure your comedy career goes down the crapper- Alison Spittle, Maeve Higgins for instance.

People like Sharon Horgan and Aisling Bea, I don't ever remember seeing them on RTE and they are flying it.

edit- Katherine Lynch was another one I forgot. RTE gave her loads of shows and airtime and she has vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Pearse Doherty. Sneery fecker, who will never be happy with any course of action taken

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Steve Coogan.

Just comes across as a bit of a prick. Watching him on the Trip to Greece, and not sure if it's an act or whatever, but he seems very full of himself.

And I don't really understand Alan Partridge's standing as a comic classic either. Definitely feel there is a snobbery among the die-hard fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Glen Whelan.

I know its not his fault Mick McCarthy still picks him but it annoys me that he hasn't retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Pearse Doherty. Sneery fecker, who will never be happy with any course of action taken

And that accent is like acid being poured in your ears.

• Advertisement

If it's any consolation her career in show biz will soon hit the skids.

It seems to me that lately if RTE push you like mad and give you lots of exposure your comedy career goes down the crapper- Alison Spittle, Maeve Higgins for instance.

People like Sharon Horgan and Aisling Bea, I don't ever remember seeing them on RTE and they are flying it.

edit- Katherine Lynch was another one I forgot. RTE gave her loads of shows and airtime and she has vanished.

Sharon Horgan got one of her earliest first gigs on 'The Unbelievable Truth', a show presented by Colin Murphy where he tried to do a 'Brass Eye meets Star Stories' kinda parody. Wasn't very good.

Aisling Bea had early roles in Fair City, Roy and The Savage Eye. In the Savage Eye, she was most memorable parodying Graine Seoige.

Pretty much HAVE to do something in IReland, to pay the bills and so on.

Advertisement