Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insulted 23 times in thread, banned for reporting

• 18-04-2021 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

There were approximately 23 personal insults made against me in a thread in current affairs, which is against the forum charter, not one of them has been addressed. Beasty has banned me for abusing the reporting system for reporting them.

Am I not allowed to report insults made against me? I have a pm from Beasty just yesterday advising me to report the posts. Beasty just doesn't like me really.

You can look through those reports, not one of them is not genuine. I was trying to show a pattern of me being bullied because Beasty denies it if I report just one or a few posts. So I reported all 23 of them. It's not my fault there were 23 of them.

And of course I was warned for replying in kind with something that was said to me three pages earlier, in my only post that could be regarded as uncivil, while pages of uncivil posts targeted at insulting my intelligence are ignored by Beasty.

I am unable to see which category current affairs falls under due to the ban so can't set the prefix properly. I had to just guess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I would like to reopen this ban appeal so I can prove my point there as evidence that Beasty unfairly targets me while ignoring others. And in this case he particularly said if I wanted something seen by mods I should report it. So I am.only following his rules by doing the reporting.

When I report one thing and mention the rest in a PM he has said he hasn't seen it and to report it if I have a problem with it. Now reporting it is abusing the report function.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058146790/1/#post116197694

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I'm going to jump to an admin review here, as the ban for abusing the reporting system is an admin rather than mod decision, and admin decisions are final.

That being said, in the interests of dispelling the 'Beasty has it in for me' rhetoric, you had one of your posts actioned yesterday. Your response to this action was to generate 23 spurious reported posts (you were kind enough to number them) as some form of retaliation to said mod action. That kind of bad faith reporting is most certainly an abuse of the reported posts system, one that I would personally have given a straight up siteban for, so a forum ban is rather generous.

Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement