Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

satstheway wrote: »
    Do you find it hard to get under pallets. Like hard to see?

It can be alright but view is limited by the front of the tractor so you have do a bit of messing around once you get the forks at the right distance. I moved two pallets today with it and it was OK to use.

I think once you can set the back on the ground and the front an inch or so off the ground and level it out once you get in under the front, you'll be OK, if I'm explaining properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

It can be alright but view is limited by the front of the tractor so you have do a bit of messing around once you get the forks at the right distance. I moved two pallets today with it and it was OK to use.

I think once you can set the back on the ground and the front an inch or so off the ground and level it out once you get in under the front, you'll be OK, if I'm explaining properly?

Oh I know. My loader not have self levelling and I find it fairly tricky. If moving fert on toes I get someone to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Oh I know. My loader not have self levelling and I find it fairly tricky. If moving fert on toes I get someone to watch.

It'd be difficult without self leveling, loader is on a zetor here and bonnet is vey high but I can set it level and on the ground I can see the last 3ins of the toes.
    as I'm tall, the seat is high too so that's a help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I see someone was messing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Reggie. wrote: »
    Trail cam time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Checking this out for someone who is interested:
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/plant-tractor-parts/tractor-three-point-linkage-fleming-5ft-transport-box-link-box-/1351625432

The seller is running two businesses from a single phone:
    https://www.goodgaragescheme.com/pages/garage.aspx/4370/Scotts+Autos

Is this okay? I can't see anything amiss here. Spoke with him too - cant see what would be amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

Checking this out for someone who is interested:
    https://www.gumtree.com/p/plant-tractor-parts/tractor-three-point-linkage-fleming-5ft-transport-box-link-box-/1351625432

The seller is running two businesses from a single phone:
    https://www.goodgaragescheme.com/pages/garage.aspx/4370/Scotts+Autos

Is this okay? I can't see anything amiss here. Spoke with him too - cant see what would be amiss.

It's fairly expensive for a second hand transport box, a new one is €375.

I thought so too. But I was asked to check if the guy was legit and can't see any reason as to why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Trail cam time.

Or a lovely big alsatian that will tear the arse of someone who comes into the yard at night!

Is this happening from within your own yard?

• Advertisement

Is this happening from within your own yard?

Not sure
    Checked a few cameras in the village where she was parked up but nothing so happened somewhere last night. Either in my own yard or in front of BILs house

Seems more likely that it was some kid messing in the village then, rather than someone going over to your land to steal a key for the linkage.
    More effort to do that than to wrap some rod wire or bend a 6" nail.
    Still there are some mistake folk about.

Seems more likely that it was some kid messing in the village then, rather than someone going over to your land to steal a key for the linkage.
    More effort to do that than to wrap some rod wire or bend a 6" nail.
    Still there are some mistake folk about.

That kid might be closer than you think.......I wonder is there any children in the BILs house

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie will have to start using padlocks as pins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

ganmo wrote: »
    Reggie will have to start using padlocks as pins!

Usual thing is weld in a bolt as stops link balls going walkies also

Usual thing is weld in a bolt as stops link balls going walkies also

I'm considering using bolts on everything now instead of pins. Cant figure where they went missing but both were gone. One from either side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

Use the nylock nuts with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭emaherx

I'm considering using bolts on everything now instead of pins. Cant figure where they went missing but both were gone. One from either side

If both were gone, surely it wasn't too far from home? Or do your stabilizers hold it in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Buy a few sets of eyes and bolts good option alright but if its someone messing they'll find something else to mess with

emaherx wrote: »
    If both were gone, surely it wasn't too far from home? Or do your stabilizers hold it in place?

It's the front linkage with a 400kg block it. Was dark leaving the BIL so couldn't see it.

• Advertisement

It's the front linkage with a 400kg block it. Was dark leaving the BIL so couldn't see it.

You'll be like the lorry drivers now, you'll walk round your vehicle before you drive off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    You'll be like the lorry drivers now, you'll walk round your vehicle before you drive off

I’d say he does that, but it’s impossible to check every bit after every stop. Too many adjustable bits on farm machinery compared to a truck, but still worth a walk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/22929713
    This add been up on dd few times , any inspection welcome is the flight to see it included

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Am I the only one that sometimes still forgets a loader self-levelling and automatically start to tilt it as if to manually level as it's going up or down and then have to correct it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

Odelay wrote: »
    wrangler wrote: »

I’d say he does that, but it’s impossible to check every bit after every stop. Too many adjustable bits on farm machinery compared to a truck, but still worth a walk around.

I have a bit of an unwritten rule with regards machinery on tractors.
    If i get a tractor to drive that someone else has put on the machine. Check everything is right. Pins clips hoses light cables pto shafts connected right.
    The same goes when i put a machine on the tractor. Get the driver to check everything is ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

My cattle trailer has starting chucking when the brakes are applied so I'm assuming the damper (I think that's the term) in the hitch has failed. Is it possible to replace this part easily? It's a Bradley HU 12 hitch on a Graham Edwards trailer if that's any help. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

My cattle trailer has starting chucking when the brakes are applied so I'm assuming the damper (I think that's the term) in the hitch has failed. Is it possible to replace this part easily? It's a Bradley HU 12 hitch on a Graham Edwards trailer if that's any help. Thanks

When the damper goes it do be banging alright , easy change , got new one off trailerspares in Tralee not expensive

When the damper goes it do be banging alright , easy change , got new one off trailerspares in Tralee not expensive

Great, I wonder which type would I need. There seems to be a few different ones. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Great, I wonder which type would I need. There seems to be a few different ones. Thanks again.

https://www.trailerspares.ie/mp2059.html

• Advertisement

orm0nd wrote: »

https://www.trailerspares.ie/mp2059.html

Thank you, what does the threaded end connect to? I'm assuming the end with the eye goes in first and is secured by a bolt at the back of the hitch.

Advertisement