Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Donald won't start any wars unless there is an attack on American soil

• Registered Users Posts: 20,392 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Blueshoe wrote: »
    You think trump came up with the idea himself? Lol

There are agencies and military intelligence that put these ideas on file and hand it to him.
    Get a grip.

On a personal note I would welcome another war in the middle East. No harm in letting those type know who is boss.

Trump inner circle plan I'd say. Elections are coming up and nothing Garner's votes like bombing the Arabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Donald won't start any wars unless there is an attack on American soil

Not so sure about that. He’s always been anti Iran and most of his personal isolationism has gone by now.

That said he has to worry about how the war plays at home, it’s not 2003 and a lot of conservatives/republicans are newly isolationist. Furthermore a war with Iran could cause severe damage to shipping and oil, causing an economic threat to the US and Trumps Chance of re-election. To win he needs a good economy, as a necessary (if not sufficient) condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Trump was elected on an isolationist policy so he'd look bad with mom and pop in the rust belt if he ended up flooding the gulf with military and then a shooting war broke out.
    Which makes the fact he chose someone as hawkish as Bolton as his National Security Advisor so confusing. Maybe anyone sensible didn't want the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Drumpfs a madman I'm surprised he hasn't started loads of war already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Zelda Brave Fencer

El_Bee wrote: »
    Drumpfs a madman I'm surprised he hasn't started loads of war already

He probably learned from Obama's mistakes in that department so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

You think trump came up with the idea himself? Lol

There are agencies and military intelligence that put these ideas on file and hand it to him.
    Get a grip.

On a personal note I would welcome another war in the middle East. No harm in letting those type know who is boss.

Pretty easy to welcome a war when you're not the one who's going to get killed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Which makes the fact he chose someone as hawkish as Bolton as his National Security Advisor so confusing. Maybe anyone sensible didn't want the job.

The PNAC in '01 has a list of countries that they are to go to war with.
    Iran and North Korea are the only ones left on the list.
    Bush and Obama got so far in their terms, Trump is to carry it on. Bolton has been around since '01. As none on the list actually wages war on the US, excuses have to be fabricated. - WMDs, Gasing own people, IS etc and now oil tankers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Pretty easy to welcome a war when you're not the one who's going to get killed in it.

Of course. Are you Iranian? Do you live in Tehran?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Many monobrows mulling. Hope uncle Mo stays out of harms way

• Advertisement

bunderoon wrote: »
    The PNAC in '01 has a list of countries that they are to go to war with.
    Iran and North Korea are the only ones left on the list.
    Bush and Obama got so far in their terms, Trump is to carry it on. Bolton has been around since '01. As none on the list actually wages war on the US, excuses have to be fabricated. - WMDs, Gasing own people, IS etc and now oil tankers.

PNAC was dissolved in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭bilbot79

As of today he's not invaded another country yet so he's better than George W

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Curious if anyone here thinks Iran was actually involved? I don't think I've seen anybody other than the Americans claiming that they were

It’s odd alright.

Here’s an interesting comments thread from the (obviously) right wing daily mail, sorted by best regarded. Assuming that people commenting here are not all from the guardian on tour this Iranian attack isn’t an easy sell as a pretext for war to the right or left.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7141841/Trump-says-Iran-DID-attack-tankers-Gulf-warns-not-taken-lightly.html?ico=amp-comments-addcomment#comments-7141841

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭bunderoon

PNAC was dissolved in 2006

That is true. The idea isnt though.

Curious if anyone here thinks Iran was actually involved? I don't think I've seen anybody other than the Americans claiming that they were

I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Many monobrows mulling. Hope uncle Mo stays out of harms way

That’s the horse is it?

bunderoon wrote: »
    That is true. The idea isnt though.

Would you prefer the world's leader to be the Us or China?

A world of holding hands, singing together and everyone being nice to each other isn't realistic. It's not in human nature. There has to be a leader like in all of life's situations .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

[HTML][/HTML]

I do. I don’t see anyone in the region with a motive for it, other than Iran.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Drones innit.

NO: Drones don't carry cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Of course. Are you Iranian? Do you live in Tehran?

No, but I've know the odd Iranian. I have no desire to see innocent people killed over nothing. Why do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,542 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

[HTML][/HTML]

I do. I don’t see anyone in the region with a motive for it, other than Iran.

Apart from Saudi Arabia, Israel and the USA itself - but apart from those three, no one would have a motive except Iran.

Would you prefer the world's leader to be the Us or China?

A world of holding hands, singing together and everyone being nice to each other isn't realistic. It's not in human nature. There has to be a leader like in all of life's situations .

China.

No, but I've know the odd Iranian. I have no desire to see innocent people killed over nothing. Why do you?

If the Iranians are disrupting the world's oil trade in the straight of Hormuz then the problem needs to be dealt with. For the greater good.

Nobody is calling for the killing of innocent civilians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

If the Iranians are disrupting the world's oil trade in the straight of Hormuz then the problem needs to be dealt with. For the greater good.

What if its not iran

_blaaz wrote: »
    What if its not iran

What if it is

Yeh.

1) they aren’t. It’s a pretty crap false flag.
    2) any war will cripple oil trade in the strait of Hormuz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

What if it is

Then sanction them via the UN.....running in all guns blazing like iraq is lunacy

Knowing yanks and the brits....they'll **** up.so badly and cause a repeat of isis type movement in 8 to 10 years time.....if you dont learn from.history,itll repeat itself

I doubt russia will run to the worlds rescue again

• Advertisement

Yeh.

1) they aren’t. It’s a pretty crap false flag.
    2) any war will cripple oil trade in the strait of Hormuz.

1) do you have intelligence that says different or was it on a YouTube video?
    2) in the short term possibly. But again for the greater good

Advertisement