Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacment for Cessna 172

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭roadmaster

sparky42 wrote: »
    Well, yeah. The Commission has basically sidelined the Stability Pact, so the budget restrictions are put aside. There's also the fact that everything is being done at an emergency pace.

The air corps should tell the government they need 2 Spartans as well and crew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭sparky42

roadmaster wrote: »
    The air corps should tell the government they need 2 Spartans as well and crew

Any of them sitting around available? I’d make the case of the need to stick a cargo 295 onto the order at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Psychlops

sparky42 wrote: »
    Any of them sitting around available? I’d make the case of the need to stick a cargo 295 onto the order at the very least.

Nope, but funnily enough, as of today it was reported on Twitter the RAF are flogging off their surplus C130's & a person that works for a major aircraft publication has said he spoke to an RAF engineer that said there is plenty of years left in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭jonnybigwallet

Sounds interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Psychlops wrote: »
    Nope, but funnily enough, as of today it was reported on Twitter the RAF are flogging off their surplus C130's & a person that works for a major aircraft publication has said he spoke to an RAF engineer that said there is plenty of years left in them.

The RAF hercs are beat to death ftrom their Afghanistan commitments.**** buy

• Advertisement

Stuff that idea then. Another 295 or maybe a couple of the new Embraer transports

Savage93 wrote: »
    The RAF hercs are beat to death ftrom their Afghanistan commitments.**** buy

Given that they are being retired a decade before planned, yeah they woul be hanger queens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A400 on a PCP please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

https://fr24.com/PCH898/244f2478

En route as we speak!

Shouldn't take too long now. Bet Pilatus were pleased to pick up that extra order in the present difficult times. Was probably a cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Shouldn't take too long now. Bet Pilatus were pleased to pick up that extra order in the present difficult times. Was probably a cancellation.

Judging by the scheme I’d say it was a cancellation- hopefully a little bit cheaper too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Do the aer corp have many pilots trained up for the pc12 ?
    Although I suppose you don't need many extra for 1 plane ...
    Are the other pc12s still in the states ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

‪BRAND NEW! Operating over Naas, “280”, Irish Air Corps Pilatus PC-12 SN1898, Brand new delivery as of today, possibly to be operated by 104 Squadron “HAWKEYES” as part of 1 Operations Wing.‬

Maybe this new aircraft is the new Aer Force One?

Maybe this new aircraft is the new Aer Force One?

Would you ever just go away. Also no such thing as "Aer Force" as we have an AIR CORPS. The only Organisation with AER in their title in the Nation is AER LINGUS. If you want to address the Air Corps please address them correctly as The Irish Air Corps or An tAerchór.

Markcheese wrote: »
    Do the aer corp have many pilots trained up for the pc12 ?
    Although I suppose you don't need many extra for 1 plane ...
    Are the other pc12s still in the states ?

Yes the AIR CORPS do, there was a PC-12 here for a few weeks before this one arrived today, not sure if it is still here, the one that was her for training was OH-GTH.

PC-12NG "280" SN1898 HB-FXT arrived today at Casement AB, Air Forces Monthly reported on it carrying out a pre delivery flight before leaving for Casement, it is an addition to the fleet which will add to the 3 already on order & says the one that arrived today will take the serial 280, and the next 3 which are currently in Colorado at Rocky Mountain Airport will be 281,282,283.

Badly written article said the plane had air corps markings etc...whereas the photo shows it doesn't!
    Anyways...I stand corrected on the spelling issue which caused such offence, and I seriously think this aircraft in the right level of fit out would make an excellent component of VIP air wing. Not suitable for intercontinental trips but well capable of taking a few ministers and aides off to Brussels London Berlin Paris etc.

• Advertisement

Aer Rianta has aer in its title Psycops! Point of information.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Is it true that the Irish Air Corps doesn't have any military jets?

I'm afraid so Henry. Ne'er a one! Check out the Fighter Jets thread for a lively discussion on this topic.

Badly written article said the plane had air corps markings etc...whereas the photo shows it doesn't!
    Anyways...I stand corrected on the spelling issue which caused such offence, and I seriously think this aircraft in the right level of fit out would make an excellent component of VIP air wing. Not suitable for intercontinental trips but well capable of taking a few ministers and aides off to Brussels London Berlin Paris etc.

Actually if you checked she’s already had her air corps number and the slogan painted on her, so she has some markings, and the point is made the rest will be done when time allows.

Arguably hasn’t had them since the Vampires were retired (and that’s being generous to the vampires).

Not forgetting the Fouga Magisters.

Not forgetting the Fouga Magisters.

Trainers at best.

Aer Rianta has aer in its title Psycops! Point of information.

What the hell are you on about now?

Aer Rianta is a fully Irish phrase meaning Air Track (for reasons probably long lost in history)

Air Corps is English (from the Napoleonic French), the Irish is Aer Chór (na hÉireann)

In point of fact, of the 23 Aircraft on the current roster and the 5 on order, only one is jet powered, the Lear 45 exec jet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Larbre34 wrote: »
    In point of fact, of the 23 Aircraft on the current roster and the 5 on order, only one is jet powered, the Lear 45 exec jet.

That's why I used the word military

Advertisement