Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aphex Twin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

The album has passed its first test - sounding good when stoned. Hypnotic in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I'm very impressed with it - I prefer his less hectic music anyway so some of the album is really right up my street - particularly liking the 2nd track!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

FYI - You can stream the new album on Spotify

http://pitchfork.com/news/56799-stream-aphex-twins-syro/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Considering the review Jim Carroll gave of Aphex Twin at Forbidden Fruit in 2011, he has given Syro four stars out of five and the thumbs up it seems. Enjoying it myself big time. http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/aphex-twin-syro-1.1941400

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Listened a few times. It's good, not blown away. It's very much in the mould of the tuss and his analord stuff. It places it's a bit too detroit techno for me. I love electronic music but not a fan of dance music. I don't the tracks are as individualistic as those in his golden period, I care, RDJ, Windowlicker, & come to daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Part 1 of a very long in depth interview with RDJ. Very interesting in some parts and batshit insane in others. Turns out he is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist (if he's not just ripping the piss).

In any case it's the best interview I've read with him, lots of pics and links and behind the scenes stuff.

Links to unreleased and older versions of songs, plus his 5 year old sons music included. Well worth a look.

Favourite so far is this alternative version of Avril 14th Beautiful stuff.

Track 3 :eek:

• Advertisement

He's been a busy bee on soundcloud, posting 19 unreleased tracks since yesterday (10 of those and counting in the last hour or two!) under another username. Nice 90's AFX feel to them. It's a great time to be an Aphex fan!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Up on Spotify now.

In typical difficult b@stard RDJ style, the username of his original alternative soundcloud has been changed from user4873635301 to user48736353001 Link

The releases are non stop. Also two other accounts - 3rd Armpit

& Florian Hertz -

looking like they are his also, releasing steady streams of deliciously aphex-y sounding music.

Loving the 3rd armpit stuff being released in the last hour, more on the melodic side and reminiscent of Melodies From Mars.

There's a guy on reddit who has ripped/is ripping all the MP3's from the various accounts and putting them in a couple of folders available for download. Not sure if it's against the rules to post a link to downloads here. Check the aphex twin reddit and you'll see it on the first page if you are interested.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Standman wrote: »
    There's a guy on reddit who has ripped/is ripping all the MP3's from the various accounts and putting them in a couple of folders available for download. Not sure if it's against the rules to post a link to downloads here. Check the aphex twin reddit and you'll see it on the first page if you are interested.

It is, if the uploaders of the music (probably Aphex Twin) has not put on a download link, then it's not free to download or to share here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I'm overdosing on them now and I'm stunned by what I'm hearing.
    So many amazing tracks, one after other.

It's amazing, it's like a time capsule of his music from the last 20 or so years. So much to listen to. I'm loving this one

Has flim/vordhosbn qualities. So many other gems. Haven't even nearly listened to them all yet, over 100 new tracks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

That track's really is something else.
    I was taking a break to catch my breath but I'm back into again now.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah some really incredible stuff - amazing he has all this quality music tucked away from over the years that he never released! I really hope he does release at least some of it - although a 6 CD boxset including everything really would be spectacular... I've picked up the downloads of pretty much everything floating about the net and while I'm delighted with them, I'd still like them all nicely mastered and in lossless at the very least :pac:

Well he did leave this comment on one of his tracks after he finished uploading everything yesterday:
    none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff

Hopefully this means he is going to do a proper release of the most popular tracks at some stage. I remember in one of his old interviews he said he gets his friends to pick which tracks he should release. Wouldn't it be cool if this was his new way of doing it :D

Well he did leave this comment on one of his tracks after he finished uploading everything yesterday:

Hopefully this means he is going to do a proper release of the most popular tracks at some stage. I remember in one of his old interviews he said he gets his friends to pick which tracks he should release. Wouldn't it be cool if this was his new way of doing it :D

Yeah I had read that comment alright and did notice the volume increase quite a lot while playing some tracks on my MP3 player. It'd be great alright if he released on the basis of feedback from fans! Must have been amazing for his mates around at his gaf choosing what tracks to release... probably with a few beers and smokes too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeezo Lush ambulance is like nothing else on earth that Aphex Twin has done before, absolutely bleedin gorgeous, it sounds like something you would hear on David Byrne's and Brian Eno's My Life in a Bush of Ghosts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Assume you all know by now that he has now made the tracks available in mostly 320kbps, various folders floating about the web now with them all in it... yay :D What a great gift from Mr James to his fans - he could easily have charged multiple €€€'s and would have got it!

Assume you all know by now that he has now made the tracks available in mostly 320kbps, various folders floating about the web now with them all in it... yay :D What a great gift from Mr James to his fans - he could easily have charged multiple €€€'s and would have got it!

Where can I get these?

Where can I get these?

Here you go sir/madam. It's all the tracks in a zip file, should start downloading automatically when you click the link. Enjoy :D

Edit: Might try this one instead, link above downloading very slow.

Here you go sir/madam. It's all the tracks in a zip file, should start downloading automatically when you click the link. Enjoy :D

Edit: Might try this one instead, link above downloading very slow.

Are these legit links?

Not sure what you mean by legit, they are his tracks which he enabled for download on his soundcloud that someone put into one zip file. Downloading directly from soundcloud would be very tedious as you have to download each track individually.

Not sure what you mean by legit, they are his tracks which he enabled for download on his soundcloud that someone put into one zip file. Downloading directly from soundcloud would be very tedious as you have to download each track individually.

That sounds pretty legit....as long as they are officially released by the artist and downloadable.
    We can't put links to music that has not been made publicly available for download.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    That sounds pretty legit....as long as they are officially released by the artist and downloadable.
    We can't put links to music that has not been made publicly available for download.

Ah yea he made them available for download a couple of days ago. Apologies I assumed everyone was aware of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

It's happening again!!

Is this the new 'Fappening'?

• Advertisement

New link on google drive includes all tracks... at least everything so far anyway.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B80j1_axBSvIRWJJMUNvdldmWFk&usp=sharing

Advertisement