Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

When you have your dinner do you eat your favourite food first or last?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Astrolabe wrote: »
    I eat one bite of everything first. Then I start with my least favourite and eat all of that, and so on, until my absolute favourite is left til last. On another note, I cannot bear for anything to be mixed, or even touching off anything else. So before I eat my dinner, I usually do some 'plate admin', where I push things around so that there are clear boundaries between everything. Then I fill up the gaps with rivers of yummy gravy :P If I find, say, a runaway pea under a piece of meat, that got overlooked during the 'admin' process, I go nuts!

I do much the same except it doesn't matter which tastes the nicest. I always eat veg, then meat, then spuds. If it's a pasta dish, it's the meat I eat first, then the pasta. Same with rice. I get a lot of stick for it when people notice for the first time. I find they get bored of the fact I eat my food in a particular order eventually though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I sometimes eat dessert before the meal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,655 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Astrolabe wrote: »
    I eat one bite of everything first. Then I start with my least favourite and eat all of that, and so on, until my absolute favourite is left til last. On another note, I cannot bear for anything to be mixed, or even touching off anything else. So before I eat my dinner, I usually do some 'plate admin', where I push things around so that there are clear boundaries between everything. Then I fill up the gaps with rivers of yummy gravy :P If I find, say, a runaway pea under a piece of meat, that got overlooked during the 'admin' process, I go nuts!

Apart from the gravy separation, that's exactly what I do too, separate everything, methodically :D

Then I'll eat the potatoes first, then the other vegetables, and then the meat. I always eat the meat last. Even when I'm having my favorite takeaway, a snack box, I'll eat all the chips first, and then the chicken breasts :D

I hate surprises too, but with presents and stuff I'll leave them till my birthday or Christmas, I don't really mind them occasions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I always save the best for last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Ruu wrote: »
    I sometimes eat dessert before the meal. :o

You're durty :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I cook for myself so it's all my favourite.

Advertisement