Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Warm wooly dressing gown

Options
  • 26-11-2020 4:31pm

Hi, looking for recommendations for dressing gowns, it's for my mam & she feels the cold!
    Nice thick warm dressing gown, long style.
    Online or bricks and mortar stores.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

M&S do nice long ones. Fleecy so at a glance they look like the ones from Dunnes or Penneys, but they are far more dense and much warmer.
    Debenhams would be a good place to try too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Damart has a wide choice (I don't know if they ship to Ireland, though)
    https://www.damart.co.uk/C-243543-dressing-gown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I got my wife a Superdry robe as a gift a while back and she mentions it all the time. Super heavy and cozy but a little pricy perhaps at about €70. It was this one but I can't see it in stock anywhere.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I got my wife a Superdry robe as a gift a while back and she mentions it all the time. Super heavy and cozy but a little pricy perhaps at about €70. It was this one but I can't see it in stock anywhere.

Great, I'll keep a look out for this

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Being an elder lemon myself at almost 70, I also feel the cold a lot. I second the vote for the fleecy one from M & S, I bought one last year but mine doesn't have a hood. I didn't really trust it to keep me warm in winter time but I was wrong. Its lovely and warm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Tesco often has a decent selection.

As pp have said, M&S also, usually good quality.

Advertisement