Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nespresso - 'Gifting Friday' Vertuo Machine + Aerocinno 3+ 100 Capsules €99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

I purchased one and it was delivered today, didn't even open the box and realised it was the original I wanted vs the vertuo.

Great value but it's the original I need as I use the pods in work too ...

So if someone wants one @ €99 without waiting a week or so for delivery, PM me !

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Summer2020

I had a frother a while back and tried a load of different milks. Best out of them all is Mossfields Organic milk. It's not homogenised so much creamier and sweeter! Fresher the better :)

Where sells that milk? I’ve found it very annoying it’s nearly a lottery on whether a liter of milk will froth or just turn into hot milk. I’ve found Avonmore full fat best, with aldi/lidl by far the worst. They just don’t froth whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

I had a frother a while back and tried a load of different milks. Best out of them all is Mossfields Organic milk. It's not homogenised so much creamier and sweeter! Fresher the better :)

in general, Protein milk works much better than normal milk for it as well. And the summer milk is better than the winter milk :) I am sure there is a science behind it, but dont ask me !

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Just pulled the trigger on this. Bought 100 festive capsules as well.
    Nice touch to get the chocolates and travel mug thrown in.
    My last machine (an original) has been on its last legs for ages. Lasted me over 10 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Seem to be out of stock now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Where sells that milk? I’ve found it very annoying it’s nearly a lottery on whether a liter of milk will froth or just turn into hot milk. I’ve found Avonmore full fat best, with aldi/lidl by far the worst. They just don’t froth whatsoever

I get it in the local organic shop. Have a look here, hopefully there's a local stockist near you. Let me know what you think if you manage to source it :)
    http://mossfield.ie/wheretobuy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

in general, Protein milk works much better than normal milk for it as well. And the summer milk is better than the winter milk I am sure there is a science behind it, but dont ask me !

I second protein milk, was having issues with the foam from my Aerocino and tried protein milk from Aldi today, what a difference. Perfect frothy foam as intended

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Issac wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on this. Bought 100 festive capsules as well.
    Nice touch to get the chocolates and travel mug thrown in.
    My last machine (an original) has been on its last legs for ages. Lasted me over 10 years!

have you got a link to this deal? can't seem to find it

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

tusk wrote: »
    have you got a link to this deal? can't seem to find it

It was here but it seems the units with the aerochino are sold out.
    Still some black and chrome units available for €89 with the 100 capsules

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/black-friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Shlippery wrote: »
    Nope! You'll get one (massive) black bag from a courier containing machine and capsules (and I imagine the frother too now)

It included a voucher for 2 free months subscription (1st and 6th month), it's a little scratch card but it's completely optional. (no requirement for 24 month sub like the previous 'free' machine offer

I tried it yesterday and it gave me €34 credit to use on the nespresso store / option to cancel any time..

So is this a Subscription Contract or do u just buy the machine get 100 free pods and go on ur way ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Sold out on site. Wonder is there any chance more will come on later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

v10 wrote: »
    I purchased one and it was delivered today, didn't even open the box and realised it was the original I wanted vs the vertuo.

Great value but it's the original I need as I use the pods in work too ...

So if someone wants one @ €99 without waiting a week or so for delivery, PM me !

Who delivered this ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Mine delivered just there from nightline, ordered Thursday evening, looking forward to trying it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

benji79 wrote: »
    Sold out on site. Wonder is there any chance more will come on later this week

Hard to know, according to T&C's it's not overly optimistic, but you'd wonder if they've any more stock reserved that might go live on 'Black Friday' itself?

"• N.B. In the event of out of stocks of these specific machines, participants will be advised at the point of purchase. The promotion will end at 23:59 on 02.12.2020, or when all allocated stock of the specified machines has been depleted, whichever is sooner. There will be no alternative available in the event of out of stocks of all qualifying machines before the stated closing date."

Seems the only ones in stock now are the €89 machine + 100 capsules, which still isn't awful. It was the Aerocinno that pushed the offer over the edge to savage value.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Got mine today. However I didnt get 100 capsules

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Shlippery wrote: »
    Hard to know, according to T&C's it's not overly optimistic, but you'd wonder if they've any more stock reserved that might go live on 'Black Friday' itself?

"• N.B. In the event of out of stocks of these specific machines, participants will be advised at the point of purchase. The promotion will end at 23:59 on 02.12.2020, or when all allocated stock of the specified machines has been depleted, whichever is sooner. There will be no alternative available in the event of out of stocks of all qualifying machines before the stated closing date."

Seems the only ones in stock now are the €89 machine + 100 capsules, which still isn't awful. It was the Aerocinno that pushed the offer over the edge to savage value.

Ya that’s what I was thinking, possibly holding a stock to go live on the day. Wouldn’t look great on the day if your offer was already gone. Plus there’s probably plenty people ready to go on Friday if it does pop up. I’m hoping so anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    Who delivered this ? Thanks

Nightline

Got mine today. Great success

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Usually use Dunnes brand low fat milk in my cheap but good Lidl frother without issue... but every now and again you get a carton that doesn't want to froth, maybe one in ten cartons.

That one in ten arrived last week and my morning cup just wasn't the same. Treated myself to a litre of Dunnes Simply Better Full Fat Organic milk this evening and it was fantastic in the frother. Lotus Biscoff biscuits from Dealz are cheap and a great accompaniment.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

ebayissues wrote: »
    Got mine today. However I didnt get 100 capsules

Strange that was part of the offer did you contact them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

I got a box of 100 and small box of 12

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Ordered mine on Thursday night, bloody weekend getting in the way :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Think I missed delivery on this today if some got it hopefully tomorrow!

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Usually use Dunnes brand low fat milk in my cheap but good Lidl frother without issue... but every now and again you get a carton that doesn't want to froth, maybe one in ten cartons.

That one in ten arrived last week and my morning cup just wasn't the same. Treated myself to a litre of Dunnes Simply Better Full Fat Organic milk this evening and it was fantastic in the frother. Lotus Biscoff biscuits from Dealz are cheap and a great accompaniment.

Dunes Milk never lasts before its sell by date

torrevieja wrote: »
    Dunes Milk never lasts before its sell by date

Only buy a size that fits your needs

Always look for a carton with the best date, usually +7-8 days at the back of the refrigerator

Keep it refrigerated, not sitting on the worktop for hours at a time

Consume it

Rarely have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Dunnes Milk never foams!

Super Valu brand milk and Avonmore do, no idea what the difference is!

I’m using a Modo Mio frother

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Only buy a size that fits your needs

Always look for a carton with the best date, usually +7-8 days at the back of the refrigerator

Keep it refrigerated, not sitting on the worktop for hours at a time

Consume it

Rarely have issues

I do all that trust me ALways issues

Smurts wrote: »
    Dunnes Milk never foams!

Super Valu brand milk and Avonmore do, no idea what the difference is!

I’m using a Modo Mio frother

Lavazza is a very good frother even with SKimmed milk

Have found supervalu milk to be the best for frothing. I think some of the supermarkets keep them too cold to a point where they nearly freeze and that kills the frothy juju.... I did a lot of research when i got my first one :pac:

• Advertisement

Day 2 with the Simply Better Organic and am loving it in my cheap but good Lidl frother.

Advertisement