Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Correct way to use interdental brushes

• 16-11-2020 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

I'll have these and they only seem to fit in the small space where the tooth goes into the gum

Is this normal and is this the area to be cleaned.Can children use them ok?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 patem2ar

Have a look at this https://youtu.be/j9l5CaXvsG0 it explains it quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

patem2ar wrote: »
    Have a look at this https://youtu.be/j9l5CaXvsG0 it explains it quite well.

Thanks that's what I was wondering , are.they just for the one spot near.the gum

Are these ok for children to use

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

They aren’t really designed for children- they are ideal for people who have mild to severe gum disease/recession (loss of interdental papilla) or spaces between their teeth but if the child has complete gaps between the teeth they should be ok for those areas, floss is better for most children especially the back teeth. Tepes are to improve and maintain gum health and have less of a role in cavity prevention which would be more of a consideration for children/ young teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

SuziXX wrote: »
    They aren’t really designed for children- they are ideal for people who have mild to severe gum disease/recession (loss of interdental papilla) or spaces between their teeth but if the child has complete gaps between the teeth they should be ok for those areas, floss is better for most children especially the back teeth. Tepes are to improve and maintain gum health and have less of a role in cavity prevention which would be more of a consideration for children/ young teens.

Thanks ya that's what I thought tooth decay is a bigger issue when young

Gum disease when older, i should know lol

Advertisement