Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tooth Sprain

• 16-11-2020 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short I bit down on a ring in a brack not noticing it was in there, I did not hear a crunch or the feel of something breaking and my teeth look fine but this was two weeks ago now and the pain in the area I bit down on still flares up every now and then even after avoiding eating on the side where it happened since then.

Unfortunately I have not been able to get anyone to see me about this but reading up on it I did not realize it is possible to sprain a tooth and just a self diagnosis for the minute till I can see a professional I think it is what I have done.

So I am just wondering has anyone ever sprained a tooth and how long did it take to fully heal and how you went about the process.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Most likely thing is that you cracked the tooth....can be very difficult to diagnose but it will eventually make itself very obvious. Get to a dentist and get it diagnosed.

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Ella White

Tooth sprain isn't especially serious and should heal itself within a few weeks so long as you try not to aggravate it by chewing or biting down on it. But if you cracked the tooth then it might be difficult to diagnose. I suggest you to go to a professional dentist.

Advertisement