Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fashion as seen on TV and Film

• 25-10-2020 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm currently watching Riveria and, as well as the beautiful scenery, I've serious envy for Julia styles wardrobe (not to mention her figure!) Are there any current programmes/films that have beautiful clothes, shoes, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Odeta wrote: »
    I'm currently watching Riveria and, as well as the beautiful scenery, I've serious envy for Julia styles wardrobe (not to mention her figure!) Are there any current programmes/films that have beautiful clothes, shoes, etc?

I loved the fashion in Ratched - Sarah Paulson's and Sharon Stone's outfits were amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Moira Rose on S h i t t’s Creek. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭LilacNails

jos28 wrote: »
    I loved the fashion in Ratched - Sarah Paulson's and Sharon Stone's outfits were amazing

Yes they were amazing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can I go on the negative? Emily's wardrobe in Emily in Paris gave me a headache! Patricia Field is obviously a legend when it comes to Sex and the City but I didn't have much love for any of the outfits in this show. I wonder if Emily's wardrobe was supposed to be so over the top to really differentiate her from the chic Parisians like Camille?

Has anyone watched Duchess, Katherine Ryan's show? I feel her wardrobe is similarly over the top but so much more stylish and cohesive, loved a lot of the looks from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Marisa Tomei's wardrobe and shoes, in Only You

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Twee. wrote: »
    Can I go on the negative? Emily's wardrobe in Emily in Paris gave me a headache! Patricia Field is obviously a legend when it comes to Sex and the City but I didn't have much love for any of the outfits in this show. I wonder if Emily's wardrobe was supposed to be so over the top to really differentiate her from the chic Parisians like Camille?

Has anyone watched Duchess, Katherine Ryan's show? I feel her wardrobe is similarly over the top but so much more stylish and cohesive, loved a lot of the looks from it.

I agree, there were some bits of Emily's wardrobe that I loved (that cerise pink Kenzo coat!) But in general it was quite try-hard, for a city that's known for its effortless chic style. But I loved the style in The Duchess, she wore some very eclectic pieces but wore them well, much more "Oh I just threw this on"! Which I think is a benchmark for style - you wearing the clothes, instead of them wearing you!
    What I liked about both shows though is that they would inspire you to wear the mad, bright, colourful, or whimsical things in your wardrobe.

Next on my watchlist is The Queens Gambit, and from the few stills I've seen the clothes look fab! Been enjoying the latest season of the Crown too, and if you like power 80s dressing I'd recommend GLOW - raged they didn't renew it. I love an 80s style power earring!

Totally agree on the colour and wearing the crazier things in our wardrobes! Obviously going out very little at the moment so whenever I'm going anywhere I'm getting so over-dressed. Don't care!

The Queen's Gambit is so stylish, I adored it. They did the transition of late 50s into 60s really well, the 60s is often very typically portrayed but in reality suburban "normal people" weren't walking around in gogo boots and bum-skimming skirts!

The late 60s era was my favourite in the show, I even left the house last week in flared cords, biker boots, polo shirt buttoned up and a beret :pac: #influenced

I just started the new season of The Crown, there's a whooole lot going on with the fashion, and hair!

The Queen's Gambit is so stylish, I adored it. They did the transition of late 50s into 60s really well, the 60s is often very typically portrayed but in reality suburban "normal people" weren't walking around in gogo boots and bum-skimming skirts!

I thought so too Twee, just so stylish. And the way her make up changed through time too was so well done. Even the interiors were amazing. Those hotel sets in Mexico were to die for...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Addle wrote: »
    Moira Rose on S h i t t’s Creek. Legend.

My idol.

I've been loving some of Nicole Kidman's outfits in The Undoing. In particular, her coats. Also the dress she wore to the PTA fundraiser was simply amazing.

Seems like such a glamorous time for travel, if you had a bit of $$$! No Gibson martinis on a Ryanair flight :pac:

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    My idol.

I've been loving some of Nicole Kidman's outfits in The Undoing. In particular, her coats. Also the dress she wore to the PTA fundraiser was simply amazing.

I want the green coat, her clothes are stunning, very classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

That floral Erdem dress that Georgina wore in season 2 was amazing.

She also had some fab blue earrings at one point that I would love to get a dupe for.

Wow that is a beautiful dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I love shirt dresses!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

The 60s fashion in The Queen's Gambit was amazing (I'm talking about later on in the series when she became 'famous').

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Blake Lively’s wardrobe in ‘The Age of Adaline’. Just gorgeous.

Anyone binge Bridgerton over the break? So much color and richness in the costumes! Loved the use of colour to differentiate between families.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Anyone binge Bridgerton over the break? So much color and richness in the costumes! Loved the use of colour to differentiate between families.

Know a bride who liked Daphne’s pale blue dresses so much she picked the colour for her bridesmaids.

Oh that sounds lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Know a bride who liked Daphne’s pale blue dresses so much she picked the colour for her bridesmaids.

The bridesmaids must be happy she wasn't a fan of the Featherington colour scheme:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Ennione

Did anyone see Style Counsellors this week. There was an amazing one shoulder coral jumpsuit from Lennon Courtney that I have never seen in Dunnes. I wonder if I missed it, or has it not arrived in store yet? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Hooked on A Discovery of Witches at the moment and am loving the style: Matthew’s shirts, Diana’s running gear, coats, cardigans, sweaters, blouses, jewellery, etc. All the characters look great.

Advertisement