Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Introducing myself

• 07-02-2020 4:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Im the new moderator of this forum. We are shortly going to have a rejig in here. The forum is to be expanded to include meditation and relaxation techniques and we are to be moved to a more suitable category as the new topics don't really fall under sport. We will of course still be able to talk about yoga and pilates here. Hopefully the new subject areas will mean the forum will be a little busier.

A little about me. I've done pilates in the past when it was recommended to me by my physio as part of my recovery from an injury after falling off a horse. I also did a course of chair yoga sessions. I practice mindfulness daily and have had taster sessions in rekki, Indian head massage and hot stone and regular massage at a spa. I hope this can be a safe place to discuss all your R&R needs.

Comments

well done, congrats on your new position. To break you into the grammar Nazi's... there's one C in recommended ;)

Can I ask then, what do you think of Buteyko breathing techniques? I have been doing them, I find them quite good. I read that it's more important to focus on how you breathe first before you can clear your mind, which is very hard. The mind wanders very easily, so do you have any tips to calm the oul mind?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm not familiar with Buteyko breathing techniques but I sometimes do alternate nostril breathing. It is impossible to think of anything else when your doing it so it really focuses the mind on the task at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Cool new forum and congratulations on modding. Look forward to participating and learning more about meditation and relaxation techniques.

Advertisement