Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to The Future Build The DeLorean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

This is mine at the moment - still in its component parts! I'm missing issue 9 which is one of the front wheels and hubs, so don't want to start if I can't go any further anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    This is mine at the moment - still in its component parts! I'm missing issue 9 which is one of the front wheels and hubs, so don't want to start if I can't go any further anyway.

Fair play for not starting the build, Id be itching to do it, Id ring them if you have been waiting a while,

the moment your money is out it should only be 2 weeks max before you get it

so if its been longer, ring them up!!

I've spent about €20 on phone calls trying to get information from them over the last 6 weeks or so. They took the first payment as £43.96 rather than €43.96, so I had to get that refunded and wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen again. They seem friendly on the phone, but don't have all the information to hand. Last time I rang them I had to wait while they changed databases to access my information! The delay is definitely on the supply end rather than any customer service problems, especially as they have opened up subscriptions to other markets and are now sold out in the US. They are going to start again in January, though, so I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be February before I get my missing issue 9...

I'm not panicking just yet - it's going to take over 2 years to get all the parts before it's complete, and I don't mind learning from other people's mistakes. Your photos look amazing, but that Facebook group is good for seeing the good and the bad! I expected the first delivery to take a little while, but I expect them to arrive regularly after that.

• I've just stumbled upon this thread and am quite impressed at the quality of the model components in the picture!

I would not really have an interest, or probably ability, to subscribe to such a magazine but I would be very interested in assembling models of similar quality. I've looked online (Amazon ,Ali express etc) but have not seen anything of quality.

Can anyone make any recommendations of car models similar quality? Sorry for hijacking and please pm so as not to derail the thread...
    Good luck with the Delorean

/subscribes to thread

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    I've spent about €20 on phone calls trying to get information from them over the last 6 weeks or so. They took the first payment as £43.96 rather than €43.96, so I had to get that refunded and wanted to make sure that wouldn't happen again. They seem friendly on the phone, but don't have all the information to hand. Last time I rang them I had to wait while they changed databases to access my information! The delay is definitely on the supply end rather than any customer service problems, especially as they have opened up subscriptions to other markets and are now sold out in the US. They are going to start again in January, though, so I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be February before I get my missing issue 9...

I'm not panicking just yet - it's going to take over 2 years to get all the parts before it's complete, and I don't mind learning from other people's mistakes. Your photos look amazing, but that Facebook group is good for seeing the good and the bad! I expected the first delivery to take a little while, but I expect them to arrive regularly after that.
    Yes the best thing about being from Ireland and being involved in the Facebook group, is that we are a week behind the UK (I think), so when they get their deliveries, everything gets critically analysed on the eaglemoss Facebook group. So its great for me as it warns me about missing parts, or what can be finicky etc etc. Highly recommend joining that group for the builds. 
    I haven't had any problem with ringing eaglemoss...However its been months since I needed to ring them and with all the other New markets it is delivering to now, I would say you are dead right. All i can say is its worth the wait, The quality is truly great. I love BTTF and if you are a fan you wont be disappointed.  

ps did you say that you have not opened your parts yet? I would highly recommend checking that you have everything....nothing worse than when you do decide to crack on with it and not everything is in it, Like a missing screw or something...I have seen some lads on the group mentioning things like that,
    also have you emailed them?

• Advertisement

I've just stumbled upon this thread and am quite impressed at the quality of the model components in the picture!

I would not really have an interest, or probably ability, to subscribe to such a magazine but I would be very interested in assembling models of similar quality. I've looked online (Amazon ,Ali express etc) but have not seen anything of quality.

Can anyone make any recommendations of car models similar quality? Sorry for hijacking and please pm so as not to derail the thread...
    Good luck with the Delorean

/subscribes to thread

There is lots of really good detailed models, but it seems to be part builds and they are pretty pricey, but the end product will be well worth it: below are jsut some really good part builds:

Back to the future delorean http://delorean.herocollector.com/
    Millennium Falcon https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-millennium-falcon-model.html
    Jaguar E-Type https://www.model-space.com/gb/buildjaguaretype
    Ford Mustang https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-ford-mustang-shelby-model.html
    Lamborghini https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-lamborghini-countach-full-kit.html
    McLaren Full Kit https://www.model-space.com/gb/mclaren-mp4-23-full-kit.html
    Thunderbird https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-thunderbird-2.html
    Harley Davidson https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-harley-fat-boy-full-kit.html
    R2D2 https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-r2-d2.html
    Build the Batmobile TBD https://www.eaglemoss-secure.com/build-the-batmobile-orderarea/orderarea.html

the above would have similar details to the delorean

Fox Hound wrote: »
    ps did you say that you have not opened your parts yet? I would highly recommend checking that you have everything....nothing worse than when you do decide to crack on with it and not everything is in it, Like a missing screw or something...I have seen some lads on the group mentioning things like that,
    also have you emailed them?

I am checking everything is there and not obviously damaged, without opening the bag. When I was collecting it from the newsagent I checked all the parts were there, and checked for obvious damage before I left. The only one that had a problem was the fan support and cowling piece for the radiator. Obviously there may be fitment issues when I go to put it together, but from what I've seen if there are no major obvious issues then it should be ok...

Look what just arrived today!! this will keep me occupied for the next delivery 

430499.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

I have just discovered this model exists last night and i think i will pull the trigger on the subscription.. i have never done one of these bit have always wanted to since i was kid so this is bringing my right back to that feeling :D

can anyone tell me what postage costs ? .. i have an address in tye north also ready to accept the deliveries so i may opt for that if it works out cheaper at all. Thanks.

Hey I just checked the website and it says postage is free, and I am pretty sure the price is just a fixed price no matter where you get it delivered 

432736.JPG

I might be wrong, its worth looking into, best of luck with the build and Post pics up here...This thread is getting very little action lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

thanks . yeah i registered and subscribed using that link but im not sure if they accepted it yet. havent been charged yet and no email with a subscription number yet either.

Decky86 wrote: »
    thanks . yeah i registered and subscribed using that link but im not sure if they accepted it yet. havent been charged yet and no email with a subscription number yet either.
    Thats odd, I would definitely ring them and see what the craic is,...I am still waiting on latest delivery, its taking longer than usual, something must be up with there systems....ever since they have branched out to Australia and america I am seeing a lot of complaints about the customer service on the Facebook page,
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Official.Eaglemoss.Build.BTTF.Delorean.1.8/

join this group, they are very helpful, I dip in every now and again, you might find answers here,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Candi6263

I'm a major back to future geek, couldn't care how much it's going to cost to build. However, I can't believe how far behind we are in South Africa. I can't get the book delivered so I have to collect from the store. Just received issue 17 today! I also broke a part of the wheel from edition 3 and really not sure how I'm going to get it replaced yet.

Any advice you can give me on replacing a part? It's not as simple as a phone call and delivery 2-3weeks in South Africa. Could take up to 4-5months...

Candi6263 wrote: »
    I'm a major back to future geek, couldn't care how much it's going to cost to build. However, I can't believe how far behind we are in South Africa. I can't get the book delivered so I have to collect from the store. Just received issue 17 today! I also broke a part of the wheel from edition 3 and really not sure how I'm going to get it replaced yet.

Any advice you can give me on replacing a part? It's not as simple as a phone call and delivery 2-3weeks in South Africa. Could take up to 4-5months...

Welcome to boards, and the Back to the Future build! They started in the UK and Ireland in December last year, and have been adding countries since. They're also going to start another round for the US in January, I read on the Facebook group, so that will hopefully help sort out the delay in getting back issues.

I was originally getting them from the newsagent but they didn't get enough copies of issue 9 in February, and by August hadn't been able to get the back issue. I subscribed on the website then, but haven't had a delivery yet! :eek: I can understand wanting to get your missing issue quickly, but you'll be collecting parts for the next 2 years so the missing issue should be through by then...
    Thats odd, I would definitely ring them and see what the craic is,...I am still waiting on latest delivery, its taking longer than usual, something must be up with there systems....ever since they have branched out to Australia and america I am seeing a lot of complaints about the customer service on the Facebook page,
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Official.Eaglemoss.Build.BTTF.Delorean.1.8/

join this group, they are very helpful, I dip in every now and again, you might find answers here,

Apparently the company that was running their distribution has ceased trading - there's a post on the Facebook group today. That might explain the delay, but some deliveries are going through today too so fingers crossed yours will arrive soon!
    Decky86 wrote: »

I think it took 2 - 3 days before I got the subscriber number. The first subscription payment wasn't taken for about 2 weeks, to align with the rest of the deliveries. If you haven't received anything, definitely call them. There are phone numbers in the Group description on Facebook, and they've worked for me.

So I received all my issues from eaglemoss and I am totally up to date, So looks like eaglemoss has sorted out their currier systems, 
    The Model is starting to look amazing: cant stop looking at it :-) let me know how everyone else is getting on with this. also, the wires are a nightmare, so I would recommend watching a how-to video on the wire issue before attempting as it will save you lots of time,
    435606.jpeg

435608.jpeg

435609.jpeg

435611.jpeg

435612.jpeg

Hi all, 

So major developments in the Build this month :-) very happy to see how it looks now!! and so freaking happy that the Lights are working :-)
    441122.JPG

• Advertisement

441123.JPG

441124.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Looking good :)

🤪

441125.JPG

441127.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aww the little hoverboard!

amdublin wrote: »
    Aww the little hoverboard!
    Wait until the next issue :-) it's going to be awesome!!! pics will be amazing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Wait until the next issue :-) it's going to be awesome!!! pics will be amazing !!

What a tease....

dudeeile wrote: »

What a tease....
    Soon, I promise, Very soon, and it will be worth the wait,

• Advertisement

Hey All,

Finally I received my my newest issues, its been over 4 months since I could continue my build, as Eaglemoss delivery systems has been woefully bad, anyway The DeLorean is looking amazing and I ma delighted with how its looking :-) Money well spent :-)

Advertisement