Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

They always accept late applications for the Hybrid. Grateful ? Really ? I don't want to get into a slanging match but.....

My online exam crashed 5 times and it took me 4.5 hours to complete the exam (my final one) and I have been trying to get clarity on whether "technical issues" during the exam will be taken into account and whether Hybrid applicants can except to get their results any sooner than next year.

I have sent numerous emails, no response.

I don't think we need to be "grateful" for being accepted onto the Hybrid, I am sure we have all worked extremely hard to get thus far. I actually don't mind waiting until January, it just would be nice to know instead of wondering will we or wont we get the results over the next few weeks.....

But you would be applying after the deadline has passed? Hence why one should be grateful for the Law Society accepting their late application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    But you would be applying after the deadline has passed? Hence why one should be grateful for the Law Society accepting their late application.

You do realise that people who sat the august exams were given there results In time to start Blackhall in sept

And now there are people waiting on results to start the hybrid course only want the same equal opportunities as the sept Blackhall intake

Law20213 wrote: »
    You do realise that people who sat the august exams were given there results In time to start Blackhall in sept

And now there are people waiting on results to start the hybrid course only want the same equal opportunities as the sept Blackhall intake

Yes, because their exams were cancelled in March. I'm no fan of the Law Society but the sense of entitlement off a small portion of posters on this forum is very annoying. Maybe start a hybrid thread elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paburke3

Law20213 wrote: »

It makes zero sense to me why in usual years the exams are in October when intake is in September. All they are doing is delaying people entering into Blackhall by a full 11 months or so. The logical thing would be to have a sitting prior to intake so you can get in without delay. Ridiculous from my, albeit limited, knowledge of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Yes, because their exams were cancelled in March. I'm no fan of the Law Society but the sense of entitlement off a small portion of posters on this forum is very annoying. Maybe start a hybrid thread elsewhere?[

Seriously.
    Why are you getting personal? I don't really care if I am annoying you. I am entitled to my opinion. It is a "discussion" board after all. I have simply expressed my desire to have clarity in relation to the results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Law20213

paburke3 wrote: »
    It makes zero sense to me why in usual years the exams are in October when intake is in September. All they are doing is delaying people entering into Blackhall by a full 11 months or so. The logical thing would be to have a sitting prior to intake so you can get in without delay. Ridiculous from my, albeit limited, knowledge of the system.

It never made sense to me either but that’s the way it’s always been with these exams

Yes, because their exams were cancelled in March. I'm no fan of the Law Society but the sense of entitlement off a small portion of posters on this forum is very annoying. Maybe start a hybrid thread elsewhere?[

Seriously.
    Why are you getting personal? I don't really care if I am annoying you. I am entitled to my opinion. It is a "discussion" board after all. I have simply expressed my desire to have clarity in relation to the results.

They have already told us that results will be out in January? Why would you think otherwise?

They have already told us that results will be out in January? Why would you think otherwise?

The Trainee section advised me by email priority would be given.

The Trainee section advised me by email priority would be given.

Happy days then? Lol. What's the problem?

Happy days then? Lol. What's the problem?

No problem at all....providing it is true :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jenosul

They always accept late applications for the Hybrid. Grateful ? Really ? I don't want to get into a slanging match but.....

My online exam crashed 5 times and it took me 4.5 hours to complete the exam (my final one) and I have been trying to get clarity on whether "technical issues" during the exam will be taken into account and whether Hybrid applicants can except to get their results any sooner than next year.

I have sent numerous emails, no response.

I don't think we need to be "grateful" for being accepted onto the Hybrid, I am sure we have all worked extremely hard to get thus far. I actually don't mind waiting until January, it just would be nice to know instead of wondering will we or wont we get the results over the next few weeks.....

I entirely agree. My exam also crashed and the exhaustion (due to it going on so long) as well as the stress definitely influenced my performance. Although I know the LS were helpful in taking my call at the time. I for one don't feel grateful for being informed 3 weeks before the exams they were actually going ahead. I feel a lot of things are being handled badly and yes people are stressed. I do find the responses of if you can't handle this then you will never be tough enough for practising" a bit patronising. I think that idea is dated and is why so many high pressured roles are linked with addiction. There was a lot that could have been done if candidates well being were taken into consideration. I would expect this to be considered as a professional body as mental health is something that is promoted and recognised. From what I gather when the results are out there are weeks until the next sitting which will bring more unnecessary pressure due to cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Hey everyone, does anyone know whether the March sitting is usually at the beginning or the end of the month? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

My advice re the Hybrid is not to panic just yet.

you are able to submit an application pending results. Those wishing to attend Hybrid results are being prioritized but no date re prioritized results has been provided yet.

The Hybrid course does not officially begin until the 8th and 9th of January. So if you think you have done well in the exams all you can do is be as ready as you can for the hybrid. Get your application in, speak with your Training Solicitor etc.

If we do not get prioritized exams we well miss the first week of lectures and the induction. In a Covid World these will all be online anyway so we wont have much to catch up on and the videos/ recordings will be online.

It's a bitch yes but it will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meg!

KCSLAW wrote: »
    Hey everyone, does anyone know whether the March sitting is usually at the beginning or the end of the month? Thanks

It is usually just before St Patricks day.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Does anybody with experience know if pre trainee salaries are typically the same as the trainee salary in a firm or lower

They are usually a lower then the trainee salaries in a big firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

definitely lower...mine is anyway :L

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

KCSLAW wrote: »

Usually in the first 2 weeks, hard to know if it will be the same this time though

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

I reckon we'll have the results before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Would there be any interest in a PPC Hybrid Winter 2020 thread, I was gonna make it but I didn't want to retraumatise people and also I wasn't sure if it would stay active when induction isn't due to start for about a fortnight.

Just hybrid or everyone?
    What makes you think that?

I like your optimism I hope you’re right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

Hi everyone,

I have my interview for the access program coming up, wondering if anyone has been through it and can tell me what kind of questions they ask you?

phildub wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I have my interview for the access program coming up, wondering if anyone has been through it and can tell me what kind of questions they ask you?

That's brilliant news ! PM when you get a chance. I am on the Access course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

That's brilliant news ! PM when you get a chance. I am on the Access course.

I am eligible for the access programme, but my TC is with a firm that will pay all of my fees. Is it still worth applying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

I am eligible for the access programme, but my TC is with a firm that will pay all of my fees. Is it still worth applying to?

It says that they give some maintenance, although not a lot, can't hurt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

phildub wrote: »
    It says that they give some maintenance, although not a lot, can't hurt!

I'd feel bad taking this money away from people that need it more! I'll be fine without it. Good luck to everyone that is interviewing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paburke3

I'd feel bad taking this money away from people that need it more! I'll be fine without it. Good luck to everyone that is interviewing for it.

are you sure you've chosen the right career path? /s

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Hi guys, has anyone been refunded from the August sitting yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

stonewash wrote: »
    Hi guys, has anyone been refunded from the August sitting yet?

Still waiting. I sent fourth follow up email two weeks ago and was told it is being processed and sorry for the delay. Due to send another follow up soon again. No sign of money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

That would be the dream, wish they would just expedite it. It's a joke that we have to wait until mid-January!

I'm finding it hard to even think about the next sitting, let alone motivate myself to open a manual! For me, the last sitting hasn't really "ended" yet as we still await the results, so my mind is still very much on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement