Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spinning Bike for Home Delivery

Options
  • 10-10-2020 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to get a bike delivered before winter. No looking to spend big money €200-€300 ideally, max €400. Not keen on done deal, adverts.ie etc.

Seem to be sold out in most site since April. Would be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tommyturf

just wondering how you got on cannotlogin? looking for same with similar budget? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

Tommyturf wrote: »
    just wondering how you got on cannotlogin? looking for same with similar budget? thanks

Use an old bike if you have one and buy a basic turbo trainer for €99 and its just as good as the fancy machines.
    All these Wahoo Kickr may look cool and get you from 12 mph to 12.2 mph but are they really work an extra grand?
    If you are not elite cyclists do not waste cash i would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Justinwick

I’ve used a turbo and don’t find it comes anywhere close to a spin bike in terms of comfort. I recently bought a decent spin bike, use every morning for 45 minutes with a ‘lesmillsondemand’ monthly subscription on screen in front of me. Spin bike was far and away the best investment in terms of results and just keeping the routine up, ie you’re not staring out the window at dark/rain dreading and backing out of a run. Decent 60 minute class and you’ll burn approx 500 calories. Just up to you whether you put it back on eating crap. If you want results and as far as I can see they are guaranteed but only if you eat reasonably healthy, not psycho healthy but cut down on breads etc and have the odd oatmeal breakfast. I now have those every morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Justinwick wrote: »
    I’ve used a turbo and don’t find it comes anywhere close to a spin bike in terms of comfort. I recently bought a decent spin bike, use every morning for 45 minutes with a ‘lesmillsondemand’ monthly subscription on screen in front of me. Spin bike was far and away the best investment in terms of results and just keeping the routine up, ie you’re not staring out the window at dark/rain dreading and backing out of a run. Decent 60 minute class and you’ll burn approx 500 calories. Just up to you whether you put it back on eating crap. If you want results and as far as I can see they are guaranteed but only if you eat reasonably healthy, not psycho healthy but cut down on breads etc and have the odd oatmeal breakfast. I now have those every morning

where did you get the bike. i miss the Trip les mills classes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Justinwick wrote: »

Do you mind giving more details? I’m not sure if your allowed post the bike details? Want to purchase one myself, do the les mills at my gym sometimes so familiar with the virtual classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Armand Tamzarian

jrosen wrote: »
    Do you mind giving more details? I’m not sure if your allowed post the bike details? Want to purchase one myself, do the les mills at my gym sometimes so familiar with the virtual classes.

I bought one off Flair fitness in Derry at the start of the first lockdown.

They've loads of stock or at least had back then. I ordered it on a Monday and had it by Friday so a great service.

I also use the Les Mills app. Its really excellent. A lot of Rpm classes, The trip classes and sprint classes so you can have loads of variety using the bike. It also has all the non bike classes on it.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

can we ask what you bought and how much delivery was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

What did everyone end up getting?

I bought the Schwinn IC8, pricey but very happy with it, using Les Mills, bought from Fitmax in Italy, stock was hard to come by

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

BobMc wrote: »
    I bought the Schwinn IC8, pricey but very happy with it, using Les Mills, bought from Fitmax in Italy, stock was hard to come by

Ah brilliant. I have been looking at that one. Its so hard to find information on spins bikes that are available in Ireland.

Thank you for writing back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dingaan

stenan wrote: »
    Ah brilliant. I have been looking at that one. Its so hard to find information on spins bikes that are available in Ireland.

Thank you for writing back. :)

Did you find it cheaper than 1,049? I contacted Fitmax Italy and it will be back in stock last week of July.

Fitshop had it bit cheaper but you have to email to get shipping price which was a bit of back and forth, and it was out of stock so I paid the extra

Advertisement