Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 213 Nunes Vs Shevchenko

• 08-07-2017 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the main event. The woman who ended Ronda Rousey's career. Amanda Nunes up against a dangerous challenger, Valentina Shevchenko.

Also Yoel Romero goes up against Robert Whittaker.

Should be a solid event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Really looking forward to seeing the two main fights. It says a lot about Shevchenko that she's so competitive at bantam weight given that she's a more natural flyweight. If she can weather the storm of the first few rounds it'll be really interesting come the championship rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

started a thread on it

just doesnt look right not having the pic on the first post :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104025787#post104025787

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Sick of seeing Din Thomas this week unfunny and getting way too much air time on embedded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Really looking forward to seeing the two main fights. It says a lot about Shevchenko that she's so competitive at bantam weight given that she's a more natural flyweight. If she can weather the storm of the first few rounds it'll be really interesting come the championship rounds.

I think it will be a much tougher fight for Nunes this time, Rousey was exposed for fraud she was last time out. Shevchenko is a more well rounded martial artist. I would still pick Nunes

Nunes fight is off according to twitter, Nunes not well ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Throw MJ & JG back in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

FFS it is confirmed. Nunes was hospitalised. Hope she recovers though

https://twitter.com/AdamHillLVRJ/status/883766454960537600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ah puke. What a balls. Still a good card though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Joanna Jedrzejczyk campaigning to step in on short notice to fight Valentina but Dana White is saying the NSAC wouldn't go for it because of the weight difference.

Pretty bad-ass the 115lb champ looking to step up to 135lb on 12 hours notice.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk campaigning to step in on short notice to fight Valentina but Dana White is saying the NSAC wouldn't go for it because of the weight difference.

Pretty bad-ass the 115lb champ looking to step up to 135lb on 12 hours notice.

She wants to be a 2 weight world champion, they should go for it. Id say shes around 135 anyway out of comp.

• Advertisement

ASOT wrote: »
    She wants to be a 2 weight world champion, they should go for it. Id say shes around 135 anyway out of comp.

Well this is just according to someone on Twitter but she's 131lb today allegedly.

https://twitter.com/joannamma/status/883774840976662528

Joanna just posted they're working on clearance.

Ah i love JJ what a beast.

Ah i love JJ what a beast.

Even more impressive when you remember she has already fought Valentina 3 times in Muay Thai fights when they were young and Valentina won all 3 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Why didn't they ask Ronda?
    ;)

Even more impressive when you remember she has already fought Valentina 3 times in Muay Thai fights when they were young and Valentina won all 3 of them!

She will fight anyone. Some set of balls on her :pac:

Drama.....

Dana White says "The doctors have cleared Amanda Nunes to fight but you can't force anyone to fight if they don't want to fight".

Drama.....

Dana White says "The doctors have cleared Amanda Nunes to fight but you can't force anyone to fight if they don't want to fight".

Seen that on twitter, basically she was cleared but still said she felt unwell.

Seen that on twitter, basically she was cleared but still said she felt unwell.

It's a tough one I suppose but what's the point in getting checked out by doctors if they say she's grand to fight and she still pulls out?

Put it this way she's not making any new fans this week.

If she was cleared to fight but refused to fight, is there any chance she might get stripped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Dear god...i know we havent spoken in a while....and i was only joking with that whole you dont really exist thing....but look....please.....let JJ bang!!!

It's a tough one I suppose but what's the point in getting checked out by doctors if they say she's grand to fight and she still pulls out?

Exactly, shes not doing herself any favours. I really hope JJ gets cleared what a fight again that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

If shes not well and has to go to a hospital i would say shes not fit to fight to be honest. If she fights unwell and loses and looks terrible it does nothing for her. As champ she can call her own shot here.

In fairness is a doctor saying she is physically able to fight? Would a gp say she is still under the weather? I wouldnt believe anything dana says. Is it a ufc dotor clearing her?

Not a hope in hell are they gonna clear JJ to take that fight stupid carry on.

Gamebred wrote: »

You shut the **** up Gameboy.... shut the **** up right!

:p

https://twitter.com/BulletValentina/status/883777298540789760

Someone find a corrupt commissioner to sanction this **** and lets go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

Exactly and she knows well they wont let her fight Shevchenko

Presume the rules are they must both weigh in 24hrs in advance at fair weights ect to make a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

Presume the rules are they must both weigh in 24hrs in advance at fair weights ect to make a fight.

This was posted on reddit

J17iDaQ.png

• Advertisement

I mean yes in theory that is true. This is the Las Vegas commission though, the very one that sanctioned the best ever against a 0-0 boxer :pac: Few brown envelopes from Dana and they can get this fight sanctioned.

Advertisement