Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Singapore Holm vs Correia Sat Jun 17th 2017 early prelim 945am

Options
  • 14-06-2017 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

419838.jpg

Early start for this one. Have been looking through some of the fights.

Think I'll go with Holly on points.

I instantly dismissed Arlovski as past it judging by his recent record. But those losses have all come against top-notch opposition. Ngannou, Barnett(sorta top-notch), Overeem and Stipe.

I was looking at some of his opponent Tybura's recent fights and he looked far from impressive.

What are people's thoughts on this? Arlovski 3.0, Tybura 1.4 at the mo on bet365.

Also Dong Hyun Kim vs Covington. Gamebread on the MMA gambling thread thinks Kim is worth a bet at 2.75 now. In his last fight he was relentless coming forward. Hence I asked on the general thread were the new MMA scoring being used in Singapore? I think that if he comes forward like that again it could sway the judges.

Covington has a decent record but perhaps has not beaten much.

Think Dos Anjos will win on pts against Saffredine.

From a quick look I think Tuck will win by stoppage on the main prelim fight. He nearly always loses by decision so will be conscious of that.

Will dig more into the form over the coming days before putting on a few bets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Surely this is a must win for holly...she hasnt won since she kicked honda in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Will be lovely being able to watch this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Really looking forward to Dos Anjos vs Saffiedine, interested to see how Dos Anjos looks at the welterweight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

What a time to be alive Betch Correa main eventing a card goes without saying but talk about watered down muck.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Gamebred wrote: »
    What a time to be alive Betch Correa main eventing a card goes without saying but talk about watered down muck.

UFC_190_event_poster.jpg
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Weigh-ins just about to start according to my watch/head.

Yep, it's just started here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV53-u1H5Bs

edit: no excitement, only realising now that Dos Anjos is moving up a weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭cletus

Watered down how? There are multiple hundreds of fighters on the books, they need to give them fights. What would you suggest they do? There are two former title holders and a former title contender on a free to air (in the US) show. There is a good challenge for up and coming Covington in Kim, and they filled out the card with local talent, like they do every time they do a show in a new or different region. Is it UFC 100? No, but its not being billed as such either.

I realise you're probably just looking for some sort of response, but your post is silly

cletus wrote: »
    Watered down how? There are multiple hundreds of fighters on the books, they need to give them fights. What would you suggest they do? There are two former title holders and a former title contender on a free to air (in the US) show. There is a good challenge for up and coming Covington in Kim, and they filled out the card with local talent, like they do every time they do a show in a new or different region. Is it UFC 100? No, but its not being billed as such either.

I realise you're probably just looking for some sort of response, but your post is silly

pmsl relax yourself looking for a response gtfo, you've a main event where they have one win (a lucky decision) between them in 7 fights dont even try debate that,

There is way too many events and way too many bum fighters hence my watered down comments, they wouldnt need to find them fights if they didnt have them signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

When you think about it, Holm has only ever had one genuinely impressive performance in the UFC, which was against Rousey. That being said, Betch is much. Pure muck. I would say the worst fighter to fight for a UFC title in the last 10 years

pmsl relax yourself looking for a response gtfo, you've a main event where they have one win (a lucky decision) between them in 7 fights dont even try debate that,

There is way too many events and way too many bum fighters hence my watered down comments, they wouldnt need to find them fights if they didnt have them signed.

Don't know what pmsl is. I'm perfectly relaxed. I'm fully aware of the combined record of the main eventers. I'm also fully aware that there is still some name value to both of them, which is being exploited in order to make inroads in a territory where One FC has being doing good business.

Regarding too many fighters on the roster, they need to keep bringing in new talent, they need to keep looking for the next big star, future contender etc. With the rise of both One and Bellator, if a fighter shows some prospect, they need to be there first.

If there are too many fights to watch, then luckily you are under no obligation to watch them.

You've already admitted at least once that you make posts to get a rise, so when I see a silly post, its not beyond reason yo assume you're doing the same thing again

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    When you think about it, Holm has only ever had one genuinely impressive performance in the UFC, which was against Rousey. That being said, Betch is much. Pure muck. I would say the worst fighter to fight for a UFC title in the last 10 years

Even so, I think Bethe could beat Holm here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

cletus wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »

Even so, I think Bethe could beat Holm here
    I wouldn't be shocked, Holm always seems to find a way to lose somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

I thought Holly looked great @ the weighin....here's hoping she makes an example of Betch. I feel so bad for Holly, if only she'd waited for the Rhonda rematch!

WOW.....can't believe Tomas hung on through that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Some decent fights on the prelims

It been brilliant so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looking forward to this fight. Big fan of RDA and Saffedine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Hope I'm wrong but I'm getting the vibe RDA is a shot fighter.

Either way, some career tumble. Due to face Conor for a 7-figure payday and it's been an awful 15 month slide since.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

decent main card for only four bouts yet the main event is the one I'm least looking forward to

this should be a good scrap, hard enough to call and maybe theres value in saff

• Advertisement

Think RDA shaded that with the knee and some good aggression at the end.

Disclaimer: I've RDA to win on pts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RDA is looking good here

Dodgy knees from RDA there, ref should know the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Poor reffing to not spot those knees earlier.

Fight has to be scored for RDA but I hate seeing things like that happen.

Whoa, 30-27? Seems a bit harsh, especially with those knees, Safadine must be pissed.

am i a bad person that i want kevin lee to win next sunday ? :pac:

ricero wrote: »
    am i a bad person that i want kevin lee to win next sunday ? :pac:

was just mailing a mate who wants lee to get his ass handed to him as do I so yes you are a bad person :D

I can't remember a fighter going from being one of the most boring to watch at one stage and now he entertains nearly every time he fights
    come on kim

Impressed by Covingtons gas tank. Could cause trouble in the division

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Absolute state of Covington such a gimp.

Advertisement