Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

UFC Fight Night (Sweden) - Gustafsson v Teixeira

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I don't think I've ever seen uppercuts being used so effectively in a fight before. 3 in a row in the finish - insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Finally Alex took him out!!

Delighted for him!! :)

Ahhhhh! Delighted for him even more now as well as his gf/fiancee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Poor Glover was so battered I'm surprised he didn't say yes before Alex's now Mrs did.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Beating the ****e out of a fella and then asking his missus to marry him. It doesn't get more romantic than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Bawnmore wrote:
    I don't think I've ever seen uppercuts being used so effectively in a fight before. 3 in a row in the finish - insane!

Conor McGregor got as much success with the uppercut against Brimage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

How long did that fight last?

25 mins of uppercuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Bisping on the post fight show.

"Great uppercuts at the end of the 1st to finish it off, it was the 1st wasn't it?"

"it was the end of the fifth round mike.."

Jesus don't let Bisping fight Romero, ever. He might not make it out "himself" if you know what i mean, even maybe at all...

Thats an Ali moment right there from Bisping and I dont think he meant it as a joke. How could you watch that absolute hammering for nearly 25 minutes and then think of it as only lasting 5 minutes? That fight was hard to watch at times with all the damage Gus threw, it seemed alot longer than half an hour to me...

When I saw that finish I was reminded of that fight too. Three straight uppercuts and a clean right to finish. Only difference was conor moving backwords while Gus moved forwards.

25 mins of uppercuts

The poster said he's never seen uppercuts as effictive as Gus' tonight, I'm simply saying Conor had great success with them In that fight, landing them at will..the knockout in that fight was similar to tonight's.

25 mins of uppercuts

The poster said he's never seen uppercuts as effictive as Gus' tonight, I'm simply saying Conor had great success with them In that fight, landing them at will..the knockout in that fight was similar to tonight's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah ffs lads seriously can we not turn everything into a conor nuthug. Bunch of mcnugget dick riders.

No but the sheer amount gus landed i was going for rather than having a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Great main card in the end, as often happens with what looks like a lack lustre card on paper. Main event was excellent.

Probably only Chris Camozzi and the fight after with Munhoz weren't brilliant. Some cracking fights and/or exciting finishes in plenty of others.

Not terribly excited about next week's PPV which is a shame, Aldo/Max is the only one I'm looking forward to seeing right now.

tinpib wrote:
    Not terribly excited about next week's PPV which is a shame, Aldo/Max is the only one I'm looking forward to seeing right now.

You can't be serious?? Card of the year (on paper) so far

tinpib wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You can't be serious!!!???

211 was a better card on paper, as was 210

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Holloway v Aldo would be the 1 fight im looking forward to this year wouldnt swap it for any other fight if I had only 1 to pick from, anything on the undercard is a bonus Marlon Moraes ufc debut an Vitors last ufc fight is of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

Yep, as Callaway said 211 was streets ahead on paper, and delivered on the night too.

You think it's better than 211?

tinpib wrote:
    You think it's better than 211?

I had no real interest in JDS v Stipe, We all knew how Joanna fight would go. I liked the look of Yair v Frankie but the prelim was the best fight that high

212 we have Max, probably my favourite fighter or definetley one of them, no one knows how that fights gonna go.
    Karolina v Claudia is going to be a war again it could go either way. And Vitors (probably) last fight. I'm just really looking foward to 212

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Teixeira via KO/TKO
    tinpib wrote: »
    Cracking knee there, fair play to him. Read the takedown well and then whammeee!
    Held threw away his first win. It was a very badly executing takedown.
    Shuttered a bit, which telegraphed it, and his angle was bad bringing right into that knee. Goodnight Irene

ParallelCreativeButterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Teixeira via KO/TKO
    darced wrote: »
    Yeah it's was almost certainly an imanari roll (aka inverted shot). Takedown directly to a leg entanglement/heel hook position.
    Maybe it's more of a guard pull variation than a takedown.

I'm by no means experienced in the move. I've done zero in comp. But Inthink this was badly timed. It looks like he was going for the back leg, as he's rolling to his left. I think the issue is he shot from outside the front foot, and came down right in line with the front knee. If he was a step to the left he stays clear of the knee and has a direct line to the leg.

It should have looked like this;
    qoq4db.gif

front leg version;
    HrYUNr2.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

See very few of them in mma reason being the risk of that knee, Rory tried some on Wonderboy unsuccessfully I'd like to see them come effective love an iminari roll or even the scissor takedown.

Teixeira via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    See very few of them in mma reason being the risk of that knee, Rory tried some on Wonderboy unsuccessfully I'd like to see them come effective love an iminari roll or even the scissor takedown.
    Imanari did alright with them (that's him in the top gif above). Tony Ferguson has done it once or twice. But the main guy showcasing it has to be Ryan Hall. Finished two fights in TUF with the move. And had Maynard crapping it everytime he dropped for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gustafsson via Submission
    I dunno which I enjoyed more the Gustafsson scrap or his hot soon to be Mrs G :P