Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-02-2013, 16:15   #1561
Korvanica

Send a message via MSN to Korvanica
Not challenger yet, :/ but fiar play for Diamond 1 !
Advertisement
15-02-2013, 19:46   #1562
-Vega-

Who counters AP Yi mid?

Was thinking Fizz because of his W that reduces healing effects, but tbh meditate is only 10% of the problem. His wave clear is super strong, his ult means he can run away, I don't want to just sustain the lane, I want to kill him.

Something with cc, tried morg but 2 skill shot dependent. So at the moment Annie or Fizz, anyone else?

Nevermind, Chogath mid, owned Yi.

Last edited by -Vega-; 15-02-2013 at 20:06. Reason: Nevermind, Cho mid. Done.
15-02-2013, 21:33   #1563
YouSavedMyLife

Oh Chogath, is there anything you can't do?
Thanks from:
18-02-2013, 00:16   #1564
Icyseanfitz

jesus people do take this game seriously dont they i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community
18-02-2013, 10:42   #1565
Seifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
jesus people do take this game seriously dont they i love the game but ive never seen such an angry community
It's actually the game that causes the anger. I mean the players are the same players that you probably play against in other games. The only difference with MOBA's is that you have to stick with the same four other people for a whole round. You can't just leave because your team is losing or someone is being a dick (well you can but you'll get banned eventually if you do). And so when you're stuck with a team and they seem to being doing things that you think are quite obviously stupid it pisses you off since they are essentially wasting 30~ mins of your life.

Riot's player behaviour and justice team is working on ways to solve some of the issues that cause the most rage; it will be interesting to see if they can come up with anything that works.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2013, 11:25   #1566
-Vega-

can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.
18-02-2013, 14:03   #1567
Icyseanfitz

yeah i just hate when im having a bad game and some asshat decides to be abusive for the whole game while they generally arnt doing much better, pisses me off just as much when it isnt even aimed at me, particularly in normal non ranked games where people should be learning the ropes of the game anyway
18-02-2013, 14:07   #1568
Korvanica

Send a message via MSN to Korvanica
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Vega- View Post
can we start boards.ie 5 man teeeeeeem? :/ mid or afk.
Feed or Afk...

You talking ranked or just arseing around in normals? I usually just arse around in normals. Ranked is too serious & im not level 30 :/
18-02-2013, 15:13   #1569
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
yeah i just hate when im having a bad game and some asshat decides to be abusive for the whole game while they generally arnt doing much better, pisses me off just as much when it isnt even aimed at me, particularly in normal non ranked games where people should be learning the ropes of the game anyway
Has been the way since the start - I moved to Dom from SR, the flames were lesser (to an extent) mostly because the game goes so fast that stopping to type out or partake in someone elses shítfest is actually more damaging than playing derp but at least playing.

Now the groups I tend to Dom with have mostly stopped playing it due to the state it's in (Talon/Kassadin spam = Toxic play that ruins the mode) and now I mostly solo TT - But even with 3v3 (Less people) you still come across flamer turds and the new trend lately is "I'm failing at my role - This CLEARLY isn't anything to do with ME - Must blame the other players!"

Flaming and bickering I can stomach to a degree but scapegoating really gets on my tits because if someone does bad you can almost guarantee 75% of the people who make errors will look to try and make someone else look like they're doing worse than the failer them-self is, especially in 3v3 and the amount of derp-ass bandwagoners who buy into someone elses shít is mindblowing.

I was in rage mode for a week due to the continuous ebb and flow of this shítty community who'd rather flame, insult, afk or quit just because a game wasn't going how they liked, either by them or someone else - It's hard to enjoy games anymore hence I try my utmost best to play with people I know rather than solo queue.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
18-02-2013, 15:52   #1570
TheDoc

Meh water of a ducks back at this stage.

I moved to jungle in Season 2 and the first reaction of someone getting owned is blame the jungler who isn't holding their hand.

You can map the stereotypes out too easy. I rarely get annoyed anymore, flaming etc. barely ever gets to me, nor does someone calling me out on being bad. I'll have a bad game ever now and then, but you just have to look at my ADC record this season to see if I've been playing consistently well.

Problem being ADC can be hard to carry the game when its gets to late game.

The only thing annoying me nowadays is team mates throwing the game. So if I go build a strong lead at bottom, dominate and zone my lane and then have a platform for the team to go strong.

Then during midgame team mates will get wasteful and get caught solo a few times, next of all the enemy carry or AP carry is fed back up to level. That is the only thing that annoys me, as its a genuine working example of a player who doesn't know the game, and shouldnt be in a competitive environment.
18-02-2013, 16:09   #1571
Icyseanfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
Meh water of a ducks back at this stage.

I moved to jungle in Season 2 and the first reaction of someone getting owned is blame the jungler who isn't holding their hand.

You can map the stereotypes out too easy. I rarely get annoyed anymore, flaming etc. barely ever gets to me, nor does someone calling me out on being bad. I'll have a bad game ever now and then, but you just have to look at my ADC record this season to see if I've been playing consistently well.

Problem being ADC can be hard to carry the game when its gets to late game.

The only thing annoying me nowadays is team mates throwing the game. So if I go build a strong lead at bottom, dominate and zone my lane and then have a platform for the team to go strong.

Then during midgame team mates will get wasteful and get caught solo a few times, next of all the enemy carry or AP carry is fed back up to level. That is the only thing that annoys me, as its a genuine working example of a player who doesn't know the game, and shouldnt be in a competitive environment.
yeah i can understand how it can be annoying when your team lets you down, but in a normal game it really isnt all that serious of an issue, i dont think normal is considered a competitive environment is it? where else is one meant to learn the game, surely not the ai as their useless
18-02-2013, 16:16   #1572
TheDoc

Sorry should have mentioned that was ranked.

Although in fairness, I've been telling friends who have lately got to 30, to just get into ranked. They feel they have to go through "prep" within normal before they can transition into ranked.

In an ideal world this would be the case, where players would go through normal, play the game and understand mechanics and game flow. However most people boost or buy accounts at 30, go straight into ranked, so they can get t3h el0zzzzz

I've just been telling friends to get stuck in, you get more IP for ranked and it doesn't make a difference.

Genuinely hurts my feelings I'm at bronze tbh.
Thanks from:
18-02-2013, 16:25   #1573
Seifer

I've been playing a few normals recently to try out some champs, season 3 stuff etc. The problem is without a pick order people just insta-lock whatever they want. This results in games that would never happen in ranked e.g. my last game: I'm Varus laning bot with a Cait (some troll kid). So we're competing for cs which would never happen in ranked; you'd have a support. The enemy team has a lee sin, J4 bot lane (again never happen in ranked) so as you'd expect they stomp us pretty hard early but because their team has no ADC we eventually win after I get farmed up. So from an actual how to play Varus in ranked point of view I haven't learn all that much.

So I would agree you'll learn more in ranked but with the league system it'll take you longer to climb back up if you tank your elo while learning.
18-02-2013, 16:25   #1574
Icyseanfitz

yeah the reason im going through normal is so that i can get the hang of all the game mechanics/which characters im good as, which is why all these a_sshats who moan and groan annoy me, if they want to play proper games where everyone knows what their at go ranked ffs.

and yeah i agree with rope on the fact that people who are doing bad do love to start shouting abuse at everyone else to cover themselves, i had a guy yesterday playing xin mid that had 2 kills 20 mins in/loosing the first turret against my 3 as darius top not having lost anything loosing the plot, idiots
18-02-2013, 16:47   #1575
YouSavedMyLife

Oh league. Hit level 20 yesterday and got my first abusive player in a long time apart from the obvious smurfs at level 1-12. Ashe bottom with me playing support Zyra. The guy would engage in fights we couldn't win and BM me for him dying, even though i was landing my 3 very well that game both defensively and offensively. By the time he was 1-5 and i was 3-1 since i was doing alot of clean up under my tower i just left bottom.

Won in the end...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion