Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I buy Clinique Post-Shave Soother?

Options
  • 04-02-2019 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've been trying to get more of this since last October, but both of the major department stores who are the only stockists of it where I live (BT and Debenhams),
    have been out of stock for months and seemingly have no idea why its unavailable, or when they'll have it in again.

I've been using this shave balm for longer than I can remember and really don't want to go through the annoyance of trying to find a replacement,
    unless I absolutely have to; as it is by far the best product on the market in my experience.

Does anyone know where it can be got here or online?
    (It's not available on BT, Debenhams or Amazon websites either at present)

Or, indeed, why it's suddenly now become so difficult to locate here?
    Has it been discontinued or what's the story?

I asked the Clinique attendants in both stores on more than one occasion and they said not and gave me some vague and unconvincing non-explanation and/or pleaded ignorance.
    But three months and counting out of stock, with no sign of replenishment in sight, certainly doesn't assuage my concerns.
    And Clinique have previous form when it comes to this type of random product discontinuation stupidity.

I'd very much like to know if it has been discontinued, if anyone knows?
    As the shaving gel I was using for years was discontinued without warning by Kiehl's last year; and it is very inconvenient and annoying that something good that works for you,
    and that you're so used to using, suddenly vanishes without trace or warning.

Any and all suggestions or information will be very gratefully received, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I checked Boots website for this and it says "we're sorry, this product has sold out and we won't be receiving any further stock" so it definitely looks like this has been discontinued :(

A lot of companies do this and I feel your pain, it's so annoying. What I'd bet is that this has been discontinued to pave the way for something else or they're trying to push another product from the same line as a replacement, like a moisturiser or something.

If you're anywhere near a TK Maxx, have a look- discontinued products usually end up there as a way for the company to get rid of overstock

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Gutted to read this. I've been using it for 20 years. It's not as good as it once was - they've changed it a few times and made it thinner - but it's the best post-shave product on the market, bar none. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

You should all tweet Clinique to let them know of your disappointment. Worth a shot, if enough people complain they could take it back....

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

I checked Boots website for this and it says "we're sorry, this product has sold out and we won't be receiving any further stock" so it definitely looks like this has been discontinued :(

A lot of companies do this and I feel your pain, it's so annoying. What I'd bet is that this has been discontinued to pave the way for something else or they're trying to push another product from the same line as a replacement, like a moisturiser or something.

If you're anywhere near a TK Maxx, have a look- discontinued products usually end up there as a way for the company to get rid of overstock

Ya Lotus Flower, it does seem to be gone alright; as it's nowhere to be found. I don't know if it's actually, officially, discontinued though, as I got a re-stock notification regarding it from Clinique two weeks ago, you know the email notification you can sign up for on their website; but I didn't see it until a couple of days later and it was gone again by the time I did. If it was ever actually back, as opposed to a glitch of some sort.

Not only that, but none of their staff seem to be at all aware of it being gone, if in fact it is - indeed one of them took my details to contact me when it came back in a few weeks ago; and when I was back in again the other day on the off chance, another offered to do the same thing.

Have you seen or heard anything about it being discontinued yourself?

If they are actually getting rid to push some other product, then they're in for a very rude awakening indeed; because nothing else they make even comes close to being as useful or effective as the post-shave, not by a long shot.

IMO over the last few years their standards have deteriorated quite markedly anyway, even as their prices started to increase post-recession; to the point where I no longer use anything else they make, only this. So if they have in fact discontinued it, it's not particularly unsurprising; but certainly utterly infuriating!
    You should all tweet Clinique to let them know of your disappointment. Worth a shot, if enough people complain they could take it back....

I'm not on Twitter, so that's a non-runner I'm afraid - are there other people already doing this that you know of though?

Have you actually seen tweets about this?

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Gutted to read this. I've been using it for 20 years. It's not as good as it once was - they've changed it a few times and made it thinner - but it's the best post-shave product on the market, bar none. Very annoying.

Ya Ludikrus, me too. I can't even remember what I was using before, it's been that long. I recall when they discontinued the Post-Shave Healer a few years ago, which was the really great 'thicker' product/version you mentioned, that they used to have; and I had to start using this. That was annoying enough - but relatively much less of a change than this will be; it won't even begin to compare to how frustrating it's going to be to have to try and find a completely new replacement from scratch.

As you said yourself - it's the best post-shave product on the market, bar none. And the absolute idiocy of deciding to discontinue it out-of-the-blue like this, makes me wonder how they're even able to stay in business with such moronic decision-making at the corporate level - if this is how they treat the wishes of their customers, then they truly have zero consideration for what we really want IMO.

As it stands, I've been lucky enough to have a friend grab me one when he was on holiday in France last week, but he said it was the very last one where he got it and he didn't see it anywhere else - and there were none at their concession spot in duty free at the airport when he was returning either.

So when that's gone, I'm done; and have to start all over again.

Out of curiosity - what have you been using yourself instead?

• Advertisement

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Still available in the USA! I bought a truck load in lord & taylor NY. They might deliver here. It will cost you for delivery but am assuming anyone interested will buy bulk.
    https://www.lordandtaylor.com/clinique-clinique-for-men-post-shave-soother/product/0500002000958?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302024138&R=20714004569&P_name=Clinique&N=302024138&bmUID=mWO7yZV

Advertisement