Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finding some 1?

Options
  • 17-12-2001 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Lets say I want to find the address of a certain person.. now all I know is ther Persons Full Name, and the Persons Fathers Name, how would I go about getting this persons address, ehh lol dont get me rong.. I aint no stalker r sh!t, just wanna send a card by surprise and I need to get the address any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Cheque the register of voters
    If both the person and their father are registered to vote, then they will both be on it... And if they live in the same house its a simple case of cross-referencing them..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

1 idea might be the phone book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Ok i checked the Phone book :/ must be ex directory.. now where do i check those voting things Chaos?

Actually would the On-Line Phone Book not be as acurate as actually phone book with its right area code?

Thx.

-adren-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

A good PI could have that info for you by days end.

Cost you a few bob though.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

• Advertisement

Em.. Xterm... whats a PI :/ thats proly really stupid thing to ask to u but what is it? ... Times runnin out I need this address :(..

and in case Chaos doesnt relply whats the register of voters where can I view it?

thx.

-adren-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Em.. Xterm... whats a PI

Private Investigator, or Private Detecive to put it another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

AFAIK residential phone book listings aren't allowed to be put online.

gah stupid ****ing sacrasim.. god its so ghey i just wanna find this person .. ahhhhhhhhhh.. damit times a wastin .. and im a facin :( r somthing.. damn it again!!

any on e got ANY last ideas that would WORK :) !!

(btw where u get a PI :/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

who was being sarcastic??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1. Phone book - look up the surname, look for father, mother, siblings and then initials only. Do you know where she / her parents work? Do you know her friends, etc.? would their numbers be available.

2. If it is a rural area, look for similar names in the book, in the same area, say check all the, say, Murphys in the, say, 053 area. You can now (a) stalk her relatives or (b) phone them up nicely, give them your number to pass along to their cousin (or the Garda).

3. Then try Directory Enquiries, some people have their name with Directory Enquiries, but not in the book. It means only the weirdoes will phone them, not the deranged psychos. Or there might have been a mistake with the book or they might have a new line.

4. Where did you meet this person? Is there any (legit) way of going back and finding out more about her. If it was a nightclub, ask a doorman, if it was school ask a teacher, if college ask administration, etc.

5. Parish priest.

6. Post office.

7. Garda station - ask nicely - if I am right the Register of Electors is sorted by street and may not help much.

8. Give the next woman your phone number / get hers.

Don't be a weido. Ask people if they know her. If they do, ask them to get her to contact you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Register of Voters...
    To be honest I'm not sure. But i know it exsists and that you can read it(don't tell them why though)...

Give "Directory Enquires" a call and ask for the Register of Voters...
    Or go to your local Statistics office (usually the council)

OK :) thx alot people ;) great respons for such a hard question Thx again.

-adren-

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Maybe the person is ex-directory for a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Maybe Arden is the reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement