Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This week's classic tractor I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

divillybit wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/zetor-8520-finance-options/27577658?campaign=6

Im not really a fan of older zetors but I like these ones, it's a UK import, and Brexit has pushed up the costs to import machines.. Would 15k buy it?

It's a nice looking example alright. The fact that it's only 2wd should keep the price down a bit. Sure give Olivia a call and find out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/1994-ursus-4512-c-w-loader/26801729

Dinky little ursus like this might be the best you'll get for under 10k

I worked with a farmer who had a new 1995 one of them 4512 and tanco loader. it did a power of work before it traded it for 10k punt in 2001 for a new 4wd ursus . neither of them 2 ursus had a spanner to them as main tractor on a 500 acre farm

no comfort no style but did its job everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

Have a MF 165 that runs and drives, but needs a good bit of work done to be roadworthy. They seem to sell really quickly on done deal. Are they all going for export or guys just fixing them up as a project? Is that part of the charm of these tractors, y'know a project to work on... I'm inclined to sell it as it is as we need a bigger 2nd tractor at home and I don't think I'd get the return if I spend a few 2k fixing up the 165, I don't think it'd be worth 2k more to a buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

A 135 made 4800 in portlaoise on sat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

lab man wrote: »
    A 135 made 4800 in portlaoise on sat

Must have been in good nick for that money was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

muddle84 wrote: »

Looks like a recent respray judging by the backend. Hitch is perfect - no rubbing or chips.
    Wonder why they would do it up and not add a pic or two of the interior.
    They are a great yoke, although the hydrostatic steering in some of them could be a handful on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Looks like a recent respray judging by the backend. Hitch is perfect - no rubbing or chips.
    Wonder why they would do it up and not add a pic or two of the interior.
    They are a great yoke, although the hydrostatic steering in some of them could be a handful on the road.

Ya I was wondering about the interior myself. However I know a lad that dose up a tractor's mostly old cases or international's and sells than on again it just an interest by him. I do not think he makes anything out of it.

However if the tractor was mechanically sound and electrics ok the interiors are relatively easy to do up. You wlll buy a decent seat new for 4-500 euro, I am not sure about the upholstery for the inside

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I wonder what " custom front tyres" means?
    And he's gonna find it a hard sell when he stipulates " no calls or texts"!

• Advertisement

And here is dreamer if the month. Case 4230 2wd. I know the hours are low and I taught he was a bit strong on the price ever before I saw it was + vat. She is a non shuttle version and stockman as well. She be a nice tractor for a lad with under 50 acres on goodish ground. Even with present market 12 k would be a good price for it vat inc

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/tractor/27279118

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Didnt know they had left hand shuttle! How much I wonder

kevthegaff wrote: »

That your task for today. Ring him and let us know

Better still call up and give them the once over and your opinion on them😜

Slava Ukrainii

If the 110s had a Lh shuttle they be sought after even more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

The left hand shuttle is actually a large floor mounted gear lever to the left of the seat...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

lab man wrote: »
    If the 110s had a Lh shuttle they be sought after even more

Are you sure that shuttle isn't on the 110's? Its about 8 years since i drove one but i'm nearly sure i remember having that shuttle there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Are you sure that shuttle isn't on the 110's? Its about 8 years since i drove one but i'm nearly sure i remember having that shuttle there?

Definitely not.

I had 4 here all 4 were great tractors the best of all was a 89 ky one she had a 30k box was perfectly geared for cutting with a jd 1350 at the time both machines never gave a both of trouble is safely say we put 10 or 12 k up on the 110 and thousands af acres through the mower wore through the conditioner twice I think once for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭divillybit

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/renault-106-54/27443518

This Renault is keenly priced, not much electronics on these tractors. Should sell quick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I didn't even realise it was on an 80-90.
    Thought you had to go to the 94 range to get the manual shuttle.

• Advertisement

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I didn't even realise it was on an 80-90.
    Thought you had to go to the 94 range to get the manual shuttle.

We must have had 10 fiats and some had middle gears but none had shuttles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/renault-106-54/27443518

This Renault is keenly priced, not much electronics on these tractors. Should sell quick

Really strong tractor. MWM engine but its a 6 cylinder. They have a shuttle of some sorts. Problem can be parts. Know a lad that paid over a grand for an exhaust for a Renault. She has a massive rear lift capability at over 7 ton that why she needs the full set of weights. She has 13k hours on her. I would not be afraid of the engine it the Hydraulics on her I want checked. If I was buying I really want to know what the lad was selling it. It cheap HP for the money and TBF the tyres are very good on it.

I really want to check it completely before I would buy it

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Really strong tractor. MWM engine but its a 6 cylinder. They have a shuttle of some sorts. Problem can be parts. Know a lad that paid over a grand for an exhaust for a Renault. She has a massive rear lift capability at over 7 ton that why she needs the full set of weights. She has 13k hours on her. I would not be afraid of the engine it the Hydraulics on her I want checked. If I was buying I really want to know what the lad was selling it. It cheap HP for the money and TBF the tyres are very good on it.

What are people's opinions on the basic tractors like Tumousan, Armatrac, etc. These seem to be overtaking Zetor

MIKEKC wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on the basic tractors like Tumousan, Armatrac, etc. These seem to be overtaking Zetor

i know of one of each sold to different people.....have never heard any complaints.... the tumosan in particular would be doing alot of work,admittedly none of it over hard,but a good livestock tractor

Depreciation for both wouldnt be an issue as neither would be selling anytime in next 20 plus years anyway,if stay trouble free.........

Given present prices for second hand stuff,i gave serious contemplation to pricing.a 70ish HP 2wd one with loader during summer (be loads for what i need)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Robson99

I would imagine 20k for non loader and 24 or 25 k for one with loader

I dont like when a private seller is selling something with good tyres, why would they put tyres on it if their about to sell it. Maybe theres an underlying problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

I dont like when a private seller is selling something with good tyres, why would they put tyres on it if their about to sell it. Maybe theres an underlying problem

Would that bit be to just increase the chances of selling it?

endainoz wrote: »
    Would that bit be to just increase the chances of selling it?

Not really there is about 2 k worth of tyres in it. If you dropped the price by 2K it would be more attractive. Some lads are great to source stuff. If a contractor bout this tractor he might have one pair in the yard that would fit it.niw having said all that the owner may have sourced a good value similar workhorse and had not planned on changing but took the opportunity to vat arose

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

i know of one of each sold to different people.....have never heard any complaints.... the tumosan in particular would be doing alot of work,admittedly none of it over hard,but a good livestock tractor

Depreciation for both wouldnt be an issue as neither would be selling anytime in next 20 plus years anyway,if stay trouble free.........

Given present prices for second hand stuff,i gave serious contemplation to pricing.a 70ish HP 2wd one with loader during summer (be loads for what i need)
    Wouldn't it be very hard to value used tractors with so few secondhands available. Thinking about 2018 Tumousan 70 Hp with loader. I feel most of these would have less than 1000 hours.

Advertisement