Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Placepots 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Wednesday I ate the card up at Newcastle picking 6 winners for the placepot hope I can follow this up tomorrow for the Scoop6, also got a small fav placepot up at Kempton

Saturday 10/10/20 first glance Scoop6/Placeepots

Scoop6: Legalattack/lightrefrain,Vangogh, anythingtoday/crystalpegasus,thundermoon/wembley, Mrlupton, greatwhiteshark/notsosleepy/arthurianfable

Hexham: Elkhaldoun/bluefortytwo, nadatoprada, costlydream,skipthescales/sultanspride, foreverdeslong, loughkent/clondawfixer

Limerick:Roundel, alexd/thepianoplayer, breakingstory, lottieloveheart, rotokura, flamingmoon/sheerbravado

York:Thetinman, justfine, legalattack/lightrefrain, anytthingtoday/crystalpegasus, mrlupton, ballycommon/baradar

Newmarket:tawaareq/seriesofdreams, loneeagle, vangogh, thundermoon/wembley, greatwhiteshark/notsosleepy/arthurainfable, millisle

Fairyhouse: Heavenhelpus, somptueux/courtmaid, avecespoir, guadularge, roibeard/moonballwithallduerespect/thedreamsalive

CHepstow: hellred, dearsire/didtheyleavuotto, potterman, fusilraffles, fixsun/notrepari, casablancamix,

Chelmsford: pallasdancer,bartat, lovelybreeze, arju, madamepeltier, clareyblue/rockboygrey/cowboysoldier

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Binky333

pottokblue wrote: »
    Wednesday I ate the card up at Newcastle picking 6 winners for the placepot hope I can follow this up tomorrow for the Scoop6, also got a small fav placepot up at Kempton

Saturday 10/10/20 first glance Scoop6/Placeepots

Scoop6: Legalattack/lightrefrain,Vangogh, anythingtoday/crystalpegasus,thundermoon/wembley, Mrlupton, greatwhiteshark/notsosleepy/arthurianfable

Hexham: Elkhaldoun/bluefortytwo, nadatoprada, costlydream,skipthescales/sultanspride, foreverdeslong, loughkent/clondawfixer

Limerick:Roundel, alexd/thepianoplayer, breakingstory, lottieloveheart, rotokura, flamingmoon/sheerbravado

York:Thetinman, justfine, legalattack/lightrefrain, anytthingtoday/crystalpegasus, mrlupton, ballycommon/baradar

Newmarket:tawaareq/seriesofdreams, loneeagle, vangogh, thundermoon/wembley, greatwhiteshark/notsosleepy/arthurainfable, millisle

Fairyhouse: Heavenhelpus, somptueux/courtmaid, avecespoir, guadularge, roibeard/moonballwithallduerespect/thedreamsalive

CHepstow: hellred, dearsire/didtheyleavuotto, potterman, fusilraffles, fixsun/notrepari, casablancamix,

Chelmsford: pallasdancer,bartat, lovelybreeze, arju, madamepeltier, clareyblue/rockboygrey/cowboysoldier

Fair play followed this and got a double out of it with hell red and heaven help us! Will keep following ðŸ‘

Sunday 11/20/20 first glance pots

Limerick:Commandingpresence, oconnellstreet, cosaban/dinardrose, mysistersarah, askheather/driftingback, djingle/dallasdespictons/goanotherone

Curragh:Khartoum, blairymane/lustownbaba, lippizaner/auntiebridy, highheels/aprilshowers, sonnyboyliston, shoeshonewarrior/goldenspear,

Goodwood:Landofwinter, twilghtheir/marksbear, urbanwar/farasilane, afaridofnothing/tomorrowdream, lovepowerful/eyeofhtewater, kingfrankel

Newtonabbott: thehonestexchange/themickpreston, glajou, aldancer/mastertommytucjer/litteraleci, sunsetshowdown, jerseybean/oscarasche, emphaticqualm/merrymilan

Frenchbets: Heavensnight, cocofennel, dublinlanding

Thanks Binky 333, glad you got a double on saturday but my aim of this thread is to find placers/placepots and the occasional scoop6. Feel free to add your pots to this thread if you wish

Small pot at Newmtonabbot sunday and frenchbets nowhere
    Monday first glance placepots:

Yarmouth:Aaddeey, sonofred/badrabbitt, desertboots/powhatan, marrackechmoon, partyrebel/addosh, praised

Musselburgh: mymachoman/splinter, lavoixmagique, danzeno/lampang, marshaldan, blackfriday, royalbrave

Windsor:Srisenepower/dreamwithme, shanghairock, princeofbellir/puredreamer, thebluebower, fieldofvision, thekingssteed/divinequeen

Kilbbegggan:Broomfieldsjeremy/blackjacjboy, braveway/daphnemoon, thereapingrace, myladyrose, cherifdelislte, riverasun/nobodyhome,

Wolverhmapton:Footstepsonthemoon, eveningsong/followthefootsteps, annaoflorraine, runningcloud/grandcanal, heronsnest/brazenbolt/thrillermon, poetsmagic/cooltobeacat

Small pot monday as I made changes in leg 3 and leg 4 at Windsor

Inaddition to placepots Ive done 3 lines quickpick euromillions tonights draw

Tues 13/10/20 placepots

Huntington:Perfectmyth, vegasblue, fligthdeck/oscarrobertson, loughhar/northernbond, firstquestwriteitdown/thelatelegend

Hereford: Celestialforce/NR fav, projectmars, oscarmoonshine, NRfav/Darlac, nevillescross/shahanshah, Nrfav/kalahariqueen

Leceister:Mihrab, listenagain/miamia, NRfav/topofthepops, redfascinator/riskofthunder/venturadiamond, knowwhentorun, ansuileile/NRfav

Punchestown:Lemusigny, deadheat, quixilios/capelatdawn, sixshooter/kilfenora, barneystinson, gliondarmochrois/casimariabbey/fightingfit

Cork: Kailash, Gregorysgift, starlightred/askdelaney, newyorkballet, parisienneways, wellgoagain/satinandsilk/dedillon

Newcastle: ataleoftowcities, bobbatee, flowerofscotland/esspeegee, cotaibear/maintarget, perfectsign/gaelicsecret, lechiffre

Wolverhamtpon: forbiddensecret, peerless, rossdream/flyingstandard, rocketdancer, beaugeste/berkshirefilly, NRfav/nobledawn

• Advertisement

Fav pot *2 at punchers yesterday

todays picks:

Nottingham:adayar/encounterorder, noonstar, luxylou/scotsgold/gordonstoun, balzac, darkillusion/westwaynever, aljady/bludedevega

Punchestown: Charcor/givemeamoment, waithere/sirjackthomas, redjerry, awaveofhtesea, jett/thestoryteller, goldseal/sunriselady/imnotalone

Bath:Spanishstar, asadjumeirah/lockdown, mahomes, vivionn, tigerten, keeprschoice/kewpalace

Wetherby:firstimpression, champagnewell/shanblue, askahoneybee, acrossthechannel/incarose, schiehallion munroe/demisgan/almazhargarde, mrscrumpy/younoffender

Kempton:Comeongirl, Bluedawn, Hellome, Motagally/desertdoctor, tornadic/kingtiger, shamaroon

In the green shop this morning and the sour face of the young wan behind the perspex reminded me of Dylan Moore in Black Books. This middle aged woman her first time in a betting shop wanted to place a bet on behalf of her mother on an OBRien horse today. She asked for help from the young wan and you swear she was asking for a kidney donation. Young wan says she knows nothing about horses middle aged one keeps asking for help about an Obrien horse without knowing which obrien, name of horse or meeting or racetime. Young wan then says to check the paper, google it or phone her mother. Eventually another punter helped the middle aged one and they decided that to put 2 e/w on Gracetorgrace in the 425 Curragh. I followed them after listening in and I hope that it wins and when I collect from the young wan there will be a smug smile behind my masked face! Why she is working in a greenshop when she had no interest whatsoever in racing/betting is beyond me. Its like a teetotaller working in an offlicence. I much prefer the staff in the red or blue shop but my closest is the green shop although I do share my losses between red, blue and green!

15/10/20 placepots
    Carlisle: 5/8, 1/5, 2, 1/6, 10, 5/9
    Wincanton: 6/8, 7/8, 1/2/5, 2, 1, 2/5
    Southwell: 1, 1/4, 1/2, 3/7, 5, 3
    Curragh: 17, 2, 4/15, 4/6, 12, 5
    Tramore: 5/6, 10, 2/7, 3/8, 1, 2/5
    Chelmsford:3/6, 1, 1, 12/13, 8, 4
    Lingfield 8, 7, 3/7, 1/5, 1, 1/8

E/w bets: trapperpeak, couldbeking, lecrunch, edwardblue, arthursangel, bluestreak, gracetograce

E/w L15, Pekingrose, rosiebassett, lighthouserode, perfectrose
    Arthursangel, Gracetograce, couldbekin, edwardblue

yeah, indeed pottok, the chung wans know fook all about racing, or indeed the rules of it, if a punter has a query.

It's annoying alright.... I find the cashiers over forty, or the young blokes who like a punt themselves are more knowledgeable, or at least willing to help, or ring and find out.

Ask a chung wan a question about a bet, and the default position is usually a 'no' - "we don't do that" etc..

It's annoying... And they often have no problem entertaining some old 'novice' who "never done these 'lotto' bets before"... It's the way it's gone... Horsey bets are no longer the 'bread and butter' alas, and I suppose a knowledge, or a willingness to learn about racing bets are no longer a requirement to be a cashier..

PS pity about the horse in question.. Never even threatened.. Rancid the game is :pac:

Alas gracetograce didnt place but the green shop played 5 places so money back.

fridays feast of pots:
    Uttoexter:mongolempreror, giveusaswig/wildeaboutoscar, naizaigai, northofthewall/moriningvicar, captaindrake/kingsplace, shantyalley/anywayyoulookatit

Haydock:aviostar/holbeche,worldlywise, commanchefalls/lordoberon, spylegend/ghumama, markazi/mazcat, deserthistory/miamichi

Leopardstown: flirtingbridge/willow, bolshoiballet, makerofkings, angelstrumpet/knockflyer, kristalleye/nowayjack, loghswillypearl/missmolllyt,

fakenham:Tahan, bitontheside/liffeydaledreamer, elmdale/herecomesjohnny, youngwolf/canyoncity/skandiberg, tayzar, asyoulike/sirjackyeats

recar:Kezanna/holyendeavour, oddmanout/smarabay, highfieldprincess/whatsthewificode, innercircle, sharktwoone, hongkongharry

Newcastle:Setinstone, airij, darkdevil, henrik, giacommo, ghathanfar

Dundalk: frankuus, tartlettte, massgathering, everyhouronthehour, chagall/tipperarymoon, sindhia/piratelass

Saturday before level 5 restrictions lets see how many placepots i can get up.

SCOOP 6: Dawnpatrol, Dreamofdreams, Damemaillot/wonderfultonight, Palacepier, Japan/Magical, Keats/Bellrock/Bluemist

Stratford: Barbadosbucks/oncall, cestlebonheur/myway, projectmars, dariya, frankyduberlais/everlanes, getariver/pogoiam

BAllinrobe: Darkvoyager, darrenshope/rhymeandrhytym, bloodstone, arthursbaby/presentmeghan, oscaradademy, cluandara

Ascot: Dawnpatrol, Dreamofdreams, Damemaillot/wonderfultonight, Palacepier, Japan/Magical, Keats/Bellrock/Bluemist

Leopardstown: Shaalaala/mooonhallgirl, laughifyouwant, ontario, kingarthurssword/vermillioncliffs/yankeestadium, yulongpearlisaland/jeffkidder, redkelly

Catterick:thethinblueline, havenlady/shesalion, redrosezorro, lordriddiford/brokenspear, glenties, captainjameson/dawnbreaking

Marketrasen@Alphacarinae/aggywithit, hooper, dreamberry/palladium, notrepari/picdorhy, redrisk/roseseehaas, imperialacolyte/writteninthesand

Wolverhampton:Berkshhirephilly/greekoasis, whatwouldyouknow/comeonlinda, noman, mizenmaster, solarpark/smokey, restlessrose/poetsdance/bettyshope

• Advertisement

Shop changes to ascot placepot

Searchforasong/ Dawnpatrol,dreamofdreams/onemaster, Damemaillot/wonderfultonight, Palacepier, Japan/Magical, Keats/Bluemist/Alternativefact

While I was following PCB yesterday at Ascot I should have also included Holly and Tommy as it would have given a placepot return *8. Instead I simply got a small fav placepot *2 at Stratford

The SUnday Roast placepots

Fooslas:Memphisbelle, Estellemabelle, Lotsofluck, fiddlerontheroof/ifthecapfite, sceauroayale/thebannerkingrebel, oxwichbay

Kempton:Chinesewhisperer, demondaunou/rockonrooco, fidellionvallis, lockeroomtalk/jabotica, verdanablue, topdecision

Naas@Coulthard/yulongdelegend, elizabethan, slantamall/brosnaempress, snapreatrea//densestar, etneya, mightyblue

Cork: Knockmoylan, getrichdyplyin/jacksonsgold, wilveurplaneur, gotthenod/elitetroopergrey, lightsider,cokobreach/coralblue

Sedgefield: timevoyage, lovelyschtuff, mingdynasty/mrmuldoon, gincoco, doingfine/rockonfruity/petitepower, riverfrost

5/6 winners at Fosllas on Sunday but no pots. Here I my ultimate pots before level 4.75/5 swoops in....

Pontefract: outhehat, andonno/coulkat, therosstafarian, luckkydea/staghorn, cockalorum/awkemysoul, starterforten

Windsor:Wilflower/charlesleburn, prideofuk, dreamworld/rasheeq, thenfold/skypower, viaduct/sacrebleu, paradiseonearth/moxymares

Gowran, Tigermlyk/perilous, indianagrey, knigofthecastle/romanempire, martiinique, rockviewempress/startingmonday, lajoya/pemdamt

Plumpton:Hugosotherhorse, magicriver, angelswhisper/plentyofbutty, drsanderson/enrichissant/gatewaytoeurope, sorbet, speedycargo/hiddencargo

Wolverhampton:Badattitude/sulochana, passingnod, soverienbeauty, kingsholm/dreamhouse, reassure/tathmeen, charliefellows/conutrycharm.

as this may be my last bets for 2020 I,ve also donte the winsdosr jackpot

Wildflower/charlesleburn, goodlistenerprideofuk, dreamworld/rasheeq, skypower, viaduct/sacrebleu, paradiseonearth/moxymares

Newcastle Scoop6:Donnachiesgirl/brodrick, crossford/simplestar, fresh/manyastar, yazaman, finallymine/trumpetscall, phoenixstar/kilconquar
    Boards froze when I tried to put my placepots out and now I have no time as I have to leave the house if I want to make it in time for first race at yarmouth. Goodluck all...

5/6 at fairyhouse and two small pots Exter and Kempton

tuesday 21/20/20 pots

Newmarket:Glyndbourne/rattlingrosie, thunderofniargra/dubwaisands, arthursrealm/piedpiper, actofwisdom/impulsiveone, sunbear/sunsetkiss, royaltouch

Hereford:Mickmona, elpresente, youngbuck/ziggyrose, flyingtiger/carolinescharm/falconsun, luckyone/unai, misszipp/tbbrokeher

Fontwell: lordaccord, coqulicot, atomix/awayforslates/badboypoldu, chiricovallis/kissesforkatie, elcaireddegye, legendedeminuit/lemonshoulder/thepremierceltic

Gowran:ohsay/shackletonhero, blackcatbobby/royalblend, cosmicvega/sandhurst, meanfomhair, giornefelice/allthemollies, yankeestadium

Kempton:Galahadthreepwood, peerless, blueartemis/portfolio/sunsetbay, looktotherainbow, quintillus/saeqia, athers/nobledynasty/rifleaman

I'm off work today so does anybody have suggesstions where to go in Dublin for outdoor drinks and a few shop bets. Yesterday I was at the Dame so some place along those lines today maybe jimmyrabbitts?? I'm stopping pots and switching the lotto/euro during the 2ndlockdow,,,

Placepot at Fontwell yesterday. I was in the redshop and the genuine friendly shop assistant told me that Jimmyrabbites has been closed 10 days now for non compliance to C19 guidelines. I dont know why the gov couldnt just carry on this policy giving 2weeks closed orders to establishments flouting the C19 guidelines and leave the other cafe, restaurants, pubs, galleries, theatres, bettingshops, retail units open to trade.5km restriction is souldestroying staying within county border should suffice imo. I agree to a certain degree about house gatherings as its hard to maintain social control in private enivronement. Matches and racing should be open to limited numbers. This 6week start off is too long the gov should have announced restrictions for 2weeks with review during third week. Anyway I dont work for NPHET or gov so my voice has litte sway. Instead of going to pub yesterday (already had sublime guinness on tuesday) I placed my bets and went to Howth for a mood boosting 4hours walk. I heard plenty of robin birdsong and saw colourful flowers fuschia, cyanothus, gorse, wildflowers all in the context of cliffs, seascapes and cloudscapes...

Thurs 22/10/20 hypothetical placepots

Carlisle:Gastonphebus, jetawayjoey, malystic/notrepari, ribblevalley/mollyollywishes, noregrets/kaizer, loughdergfarmer/damiensdillemma

Thurles:Sapphirelady/ginonlime, mistymillie, beretrouge, fairminded/mollykaye, thebossesoscar, scarletrevera/porterhouse

Lingfield:Glenlivet, opine, huntsmanjog/urhteoneiwant, holdhtatthought/glenlo, guetapancollonges/noanxiety, redrookie

Navan: provocateuse, hazard, tidetime/sendmylovetoyou, thatsmad, prettyboyflyod/prettysmart, tigerroll/princessvega

Ludlow:Greyspirit, ptersportrait, grannysecret/champagnelilly, eritage/goalil, daveandbernie, creamant

Wolverhampton: elguanche/topbreeze, joyfuldream, frow, collinsbay, beaunasg/wirko, siamfox

Chelmsford: valleyofflowers, babareza/absolutescenes, arabiccharm, araifjan, tornadoqueen/conscious, cashel/mrnutherputt

Good luck all....

Fridayfishpots

Newbury: Skyrunner/sunset, wallem,eagleterrace, dutchschultz/turquoisekingdom, moonlightinparis, gentlemanatarms/jacintadevega

Doncaster:Titian, seaslyph, eldrama/pagan, kingslynn, operagift, prideofamerican/junkanoo/amirkabir

CHeletenham:askforglory, soldieroflove/askdillon, fixsun/captaintomcat, rougevif, pipesmoker, fusilraffles/sirvalentine

Sligo:Crassus, farceurdularge, lighthouserose/lunastar,callthefairies, mynewbrookros/rosesqueen, desiredejoie/oneforjoe

Newcastle:Bellatrixsa, mashkoorah, madeforall/pacino, irisbud, scarboroughdebut/upsidedown, ivynator

Dundalk: crystaldawn, neverbackdown/jackmel, iammagnetic, zozimus, redcymbal, bluebeardscatle/filthepower

Small pot Doncaster on Friday
    Saturday pots:

Kelso:Bollingerandkrug, dubaidays, illumantedbeauty/tekibluedelorme, Oneforarthur/somechaos, shawsbridge/greygirly, oakvintage

Doncaster: laafy/fishable, justfanl/lippizaner, camformthedark, wembley, conservatoire/outrunthestorm, groveferry/arablet

Leopardstown@eylara, horoscope/thepianoplayer, densestar/starimage/sheerchance, reverberation, carlislebay/revedevol, ammagrace

Galway: frenchasset/perryowens, calthor/defan, tigerevoice/triplicate, juliestoway/runforoscar,impatientpartner, notsosimple/feyan

Newbury:Enjoy, caribou, littlkitten/loveisyou, laneqash, alounak/awayhegoes, chatez

Cheltenham: Botoxhas/nornando, southfieldstone/pileon, tobefiar/nevillescross, manofthemountain, themaconlugnatic/minellaenocre, boughtbeforelunch/jensboy

Chelmsford: inveigle, smokey, rocketeer/ginvinvcible, winwinpower, rocksound/mykindaday, therocketpark/redaforalll

Scoop6: Botoxhas/nornando, camefromthedark/ishvara, wembley, tobefair/nevillescross, manofthemountain, alounak/awayhegoes/kipps

Good to see oldfav Oneforarthur back out today at Keslo and 2020 fav Princesszoe to win royaloak longchamps sunday

The shops still shut makes it feel like lent...

Sunday chicken roast pots....

Hexham: onthewildside/sofiefatale, dubaioutlaw/missscarlett, whoablackbetty/epsomdesmottes, raynasworld, camile/westernrambler, gloriouslady/janeymac

Galway:Carrigeenlotus, speakeasy, kittenrock/minelllatildaw/knoitho, miracleinmedinah, happykacky/minellamelody/grandroi, coqolino/hammersmith

Aintree:Dannykirwan, sametegal/onestyle, itchyfeet, rapper/ofalltheginjoints, saintderevr/brydenboy, cleverasafox/montecristo

Wexford:Mrjackman, cosaban, champagnegold/blueheather, bluemarkie/lisavalleyhouse, derby/goldennomad, valdieu

Wincanton:Hackerdesplaces, editeurdugite/fairwayfreddy, goldengift, stepback/worthyfarm, oscarsmoonshine/dashofblue, secretpotion

Is Worthyfarm owned by the singer Yolo??? Princesszoe to win again for the camden crew in France. Peace and blessings to all this sundaylockdown....

anotherday of losing pots

Monday bankers pots

Redcar: mountararat, chalkstream/mahomes, turnonthecharm, aroha, crocodilepower/hispride, timehaswings/sunsetkatie

Leciester:Skybukethinking, darkillusion, bungledupinblue, winoclock/buriam, walhaan/dashingrodger, alsuileile

Aur:Whiskeylullaby, confirmationbias, frisssoncollonges, joiedevivre/wisecoco,generalbux, aheadfullofdreams

Wexford:Hommedunsoir, makegood/oconnellstreet, sirjackthomas, kilgorey, minellaindo/milannative/turbojet,andeydufresne/ilikedwayurthnkin

Galway:Lajoconde, teeedup, ciscodisco/vazzy, startingmonday, excusiojoe/saggitariumrising/lottieloveheart, cerberus/sonofhypnos

Newcastle: utile, clifftopheaven, corked/gforgabrial, manassas/tiomio, docsportello/dukeoffirenze, bringitonboris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Would you do these to a Euro unit?
    Tried Wexford and Aintree yesterday.5/6 in both. Sick!
    4/6 at Cheltenham on Saturday.It paid £10365. That was some return!
    Given it a go at Wexford again today. The four horse race is a stinker.
    12:55 Gaspard Du Seuil
    13:30 Make Good ,Fortune Street ,Behind The Curtain
    14:05 Sirjack Thomas , Clody Valley
    14:40 Buck Rogers , Steal The Thunder
    15:15 Minella Indo
    15:50 Andy Dufresne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Would you do these to a Euro unit?
    Tried Wexford and Aintree yesterday.5/6 in both. Sick!
    4/6 at Cheltenham on Saturday.It paid £10365. That was some return!
    Given it a go at Wexford again today. The four horse race is a stinker.
    12:55 Gaspard Du Seuil
    13:30 Make Good ,Fortune Street ,Behind The Curtain
    14:05 Sirjack Thomas , Clody Valley
    14:40 Buck Rogers , Steal The Thunder
    15:15 Minella Indo
    15:50 Andy Dufresne

Gone already!:o

Hello max in precovidtimes my placepots stake would vary between 0.10 and 1 depending how skint/flush I'm feeling. However I'm a cash only gambler so during first lockdown March to June I ceased betting and now I havent bet since last wednesday. Instead I'm buying losing lotto/euro tickets. My current pots are fantasty picks only which is just as well as they are all losing. Feel free to put up your actual/fantasy pots on this thread.

Monday teeny tiny pot at Galway *2 the rest losers

Tuesday 1st glance pots:
    Bangor:Rintualla/seastory, jemmimap. missamelia/khairagash, goodboybobby, guardyourdreams,. wazowiski/spicewar

Catterkick:prospect/missnaynever, highjacked, sagatuer/bolderbob, graceandvirtue, spycracker, redrosezorro/luckyluckyman

Southwell:liamba, blacksparrow/perfectsign, cheapjack, starofstjames, haidaigwaii/russianrumour, harmonius/loversmoon

Chepstow:Grandmogul/sizablesam, sambarton/stargate, wayfinder, nessfieldblue, fancyshapes, blackjackkentucky/liosduinbhearna

Down in leg 1 at soouthwell and losing pots all round
    wednesdays paper placepots

Nottingham:fiftyshadesofred/kingfrancis, soitoldyou, imperiumblue/heymr, michealschoice/showpalace, cestnomour, ispahan

Punchestown:breakeven, arcadiansunrise/wingingaprayer, dewcup, walkingonglass, sirbob/sunriselady, longhousepoet/runwildfred

Fakenham:ducdubourbon/twominutesturkish, wickedwilly, toflyfree, vinniesgetway, mickpastor/timetochil, jacksonhill/minellabeauty

Taunton:hahadi, gloryandhonour, bombersmoon/marlyinmonroe, friendorfoe, demondanou/bathiva, earthleader

Kempton:redalert/excellentgeorge, illiesmemories, roseallday/greysparkle, darkphoenix, truebeleiver, frozenocean

Dundalk: eloydamerval/geerex, monzoon, hype/blueplanet, tipperarymoon, linuslarrabee, mrfayex/lighteningbolt

Thursdays placers placepots

Stratford:Sandymountrose, happygolucky/painthedream, floatingrock, punchescross/aintreemydream, galicemacalo, cahmpagnesuperover/godknowswhy

Lingfield:Famenfortune, dubaitigress/shesalion, carryonregardless/mammasaidknockuout, ghalyoon, lavendersblue/soffika, faststeps/jacinth

Clonmel@Elizabetj, decimation, afternnoonwithsusan, fittobetied/askheather, forrardaway, andalusa/dontkickorbite

Newtonabott:myladygrey, sastruga/millesussuri, hatchetjack, jackvalentine/breffiniboy, momella, jurysout

Southwell:Gorgeousgeneral, challet, amordemivida, kingofstars, quotelinedirect/sunofred, maythesixth

Chelmsfords: edgeofthebay, dancingrave/boyinthebar, eagledreams/lovecreek,ladymorpheus/, cristalpallascat, Kodimnoor, marslanding/borntosire

Small pot at Lingield *4 today.
    Early start to the racing on friday here's my trick pots...

Wetherby: Katahidn, aplletock, shanblue/holdthenote/snowleopdress, fransham, happydiva/charmant, soldieronparade/dufflecoat

Uttoexeter:fulgurix, poundingpoet/thecob, panicattack, milreuhas/crackdeninan, canyoucall/cousumain, gumball

Newmarket:Lawofnature, ainsdale/lampang, chocoya/meuamor, solosaxaphone, speedcompany/whitehaven, krptos/watersside

Downroyal@davysdilemma/faroukdalene, braveway, abacabdras, napoleonblue/nyladyrose, envoiallen, timoteo/emailrose

Newcastle:Blazingdreams, khazaf, daddyfrank, nubough, wildhope/bringitonboris, alwaysdreaming/bintalnood/seaempress

Dundalk:anjalawi, zippity/prettysamrt, kushkame, bluebeardscastle, raphael/warhero, chagall/forforakiss

Well done with keeping up with the placepots pottokblue.. :)

It takes some dedication to go through most of the cards almost daily; especially when ya can't get on :pac:

Am in the same boat myself - have no online a/c's , and have little clue about how to go about it, or what's involved in the whole process - signing up, providing id (hard to do that if one is unable to 'scan' online etc) , lodging , collecting, and the like.

Am thinking I might like to do something similar if I do go online; but maybe a Quadpot, or something like that. The 3rd to the 6th race I think is where one would be picking from. The first two races are usually novice hurdles, or maiden races.... Very difficult to find one outside the top 3 in the betting, as there is so little form to go on. Too much of a 'minefield' .

Wish you well, and hope you turn a profit long-term :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Some good picks and as we know the pot can be very frustrating sometimes, two things stand out for me, first is Irish pots pay a lot better, often see mad returns for one or two results. The other is Southwell pots often pay well, and if you follow the same system you will click one, a run of 10 & 20 quid pots, will often be followed by a big return, often triggered by an outsider in a 4 horse race, or two in a 7 horse race. My biggest return involved a 14/1 winner, second was 10/1, and a lovely non runner who reduced the field to 7.They had form, so the lesson there is frame your own market, and go from there. An interesting bet for sure despite the 27% tote deduction, you are basically punting against other people, and all chasing a price of the pie, good luck with it.

• Advertisement

^^^^

Good post, plus I doubt a 'potter' can get restricted - as, like you said, it's other punter's money.

Advertisement