Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Connect 7 - €99

• 08-01-2015 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭

anyone know anything about this? Seems to be a very good price for a tablet..from ltd research it's a tesco branded device - might be a linx?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Any specs or links?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

The processor and memory look relatively poor (in my opinion anyway) i wouldn't be rushing to buy one, not that Tesco will be too bothered I'm sure. Can I assume the €99 was a typo OP and you meant £99?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/connect-7-tablet-with-windows-81-office-365-personal-32gb-wifi-black/182-3108.prd#

The specs seem ok for the price (CPU, storage, etc) but the screen probably isn't amazing and the battery life is less than average (6 hours). But it's very cheap!

theothernt wrote: »
    The specs seem ok for the price (CPU, storage, etc) but the screen probably isn't amazing and the battery life is less than average (6 hours). But it's very cheap!

Thanks for that, obviously more ignorant as to what to expect in a tablet than I thought!

Actually this is the same price. Specs are very similar but you're getting a more recognizable brand which could count for something

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.308686500?icid=HolidayR_ModG1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭PaulieC

murphm45 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, obviously more ignorant as to what to expect in a tablet than I thought!

Actually this is the same price. Specs are very similar but you're getting a more recognizable brand which could count for something

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/productID.308686500?icid=HolidayR_ModG1

I had a play with that Stream in PC World before Christmas and had to drag myself away from buying it. It's a lovely device. Throw in the fact that I got a 30 euro voucher for it, which brings it down to 99, very hard to walk away from. I only did because I have a Dell 8" tab already.
    O365 + 1TB online storage is worth the money on their own...

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    I had a play with that Stream in PC World before Christmas and had to drag myself away from buying it. It's a lovely device. Throw in the fact that I got a 30 euro voucher for it, which brings it down to 99, very hard to walk away from. I only did because I have a Dell 8" tab already.

They're actually down to 120 now. Just to make your decision harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭ablelocks

murphm45 wrote: »
    The processor and memory look relatively poor (in my opinion anyway) i wouldn't be rushing to buy one, not that Tesco will be too bothered I'm sure. Can I assume the €99 was a typo OP and you meant £99?

http://www.tesco.com/direct/connect-7-tablet-with-windows-81-office-365-personal-32gb-wifi-black/182-3108.prd#

no, i just happened to see one in Tesco Limerick at €99. the tablet wasn't turned on and no specs listed....

PaulieC wrote: »

The screen (IPS vs TFT) is better and I'd guess the build quality is a little better too. I'd go for the HP Stream if possible :)

ablelocks wrote: »
    no, i just happened to see one in Tesco Limerick at €99. the tablet wasn't turned on and no specs listed....

Wow that's good value then. Might keep an eye out for one so. Thanks

Advertisement