Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Ativ S Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

gman2k wrote: »
    On the Amazon.co.uk site:

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Wasn't me :P

They must have removed the notice since you posted. It's not there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

mad muffin wrote: »
    Refund granted!

twas about time too...

Great that it finally worked out for you, now I hope the fraud transactions will be addressed too.

Great that it finally worked out for you, now I hope the fraud transactions will be addressed too.

Thanks.

Went ahead and ordered from Amazon Germany :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

How much from amazon germany? Only 219 stg from amazon.co.uk direct!

EDIT: Just saw it for 212! Not bad...

TBi wrote: »
    How much from amazon germany? Only 219 stg from amazon.co.uk direct!

EDIT: Just saw it for 212! Not bad...

€227 with Irish vat plus shipping.

No free shipping from Germany

Selling my almost three year old iPhone 4 to O2 recycle for €135. Ativ S costing me less than €100 :D

• Advertisement

My order on Amazon.de hasn't processed yet and just now the price dropped from €212 to €209.

Does anyone know if I need to cancel the order to get the new price or will Amazon charge me the new price?

There are no pending chargers on my credit card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

My order on Amazon.de hasn't processed yet and just now the price dropped from €212 to €209.

Does anyone know if I need to cancel the order to get the new price or will Amazon charge me the new price?

There are no pending chargers on my credit card yet.

on 'normal' amazon you can cancel up until the order is in the In Progress stage

PaulieC wrote: »
    on 'normal' amazon you can cancel up until the order is in the In Progress stage

What do you mean "normal"? :pac:

This is Amazon. :P

Yeah I know I can still cancel, what I don't know is if I need to to get the new price as the order hasn't been processed yet.

What I would be worried about is if I cancel I'll loose my place in the ordering line.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What do you mean "normal"? :pac:

This is Amazon. :P

Yeah I know I can still cancel, what I don't know is if I need to to get the new price as the order hasn't been processed yet.

What I would be worried about is if I cancel I'll loose my place in the ordering line.

Is it really worth it over €3? I'd sit tight if it was me

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Is it really worth it over €3? I'd sit tight if it was me

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I managed to find a link on the German sight to send them a message in English.

Just waiting for a reply.

• Advertisement

Just got a reply back from Amazon:

Dear Customer

We are definitely interested in an attractive pricing policy for you. This means that we always try to offer items in our shop at very special prices. Please note that once the order has been confirmed you have accepted the shown amount and therefore have agreed on the price offered by us.

However, under the circumstances, I have changed the price of the item manually to EUR 216.64 as an exception.

:D

Still no shipping date and Amazon ony started processing the order yesterday. :eek:

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Mine is now status shipped via UPS supposed to be delivery tomorrow!

I swear to God if it's a reurb I'll go nuts! It's from Amazon and states clearly NEW.

PS mad muffin, hit that crowd hard!

Mine seems to be the same as yours. Seems like an age to start processing the order, then a couple of days shipping soon, then boom ships over from Italy in a day.

It arrive in Dublin just after 6am. :D

Phone arrived @12:30 :D

Definitely new unlike the price-guard one :rolleyes:

Just updating it to GDR2 as I type. Can't believe it took only 24hrs to arrive from Italy.

Just check the price on Amazon.de and its gone down to €201 :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Phone arrived @12:30 :D

Definitely new unlike the price-guard one :rolleyes:

Just updating it to GDR2 as I type. Can't believe it took only 24hrs to arrive from Italy.

Just check the price on Amazon.de and its gone down to €201 :eek:

I have an 8x, but this temps me!

I have an 8x, but this temps me!

I'd say it would work out around €215 delivered to Ireland?

The price seems to be fluctuating. It went down a few Euros after I bought it then up a couple a day or so later now it's gone down again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I ordered an Ativ S from Amazon.de on Tuesday and it was delivered today

I paid a total of €226 inc. delivery which was a very good price for such a powerful phone

The phone was £219 on Amazon.co.uk, which is actually around €30 more than then German site. The only difference seems to be the power adaptor is, obviously on a phone from mainland Europe, a European plug

I have had a number of Windows Mobiles\Phones over the years inc. the HD7 and the 8S and have always been pleased with the phones.

I have also had a number of Android phones which have been a bit of a disappointment inc. the HTC One X (gets unbelievably hot), Sony Xperia P (very slow) ,Sony Xperia Mini (crap) ,Samsung Galaxy S , S2 and Note 2 (far too big and heavy).

Windows Phone 8 is very nice and I especially like the way that it is linked to the cloud through your Microsoft Passport

I have just turned the phone on for the first time, with no SIM in it, and all the text messages from my 8S have appeared on it. This is a very handy feature if you lose your phone as you can just pick up a new phone and all the information is there

Overall, I believe that I'm going to be very happy with my Ativ S and that it was a very good purchase

I had actually planned on getting this phone when my contract was last up for renewal, but it was actually quite difficult to find and was more expensive than the Galaxy Note 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Nice device, decent price. Very tempted by Windows Phone 8, but I'm still a little bitter from WP7. Impressive OS, but the lack of updates after only a few years on the market? Frustrating.

I see the stupid artist background not showing for all artists is still there. :(

Except now its a grey background...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »

That's just for Nokia.

The Samsung does have a block call setting but not for SMS.

Does anyone know if there is a web text app available?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any idea what other apps work on Nokias but not the Ativ S?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Any idea what other apps work on Nokias but not the Ativ S?

That one was made by Nokia for Nokia phones, you won't find it in the app store.

So how is everyone enjoying their Ativ S?

I'm loving the sound quality of this thing, really impressed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I've been using the Ativ S for just over a week and am very impressed with it

Windows Phone 8 is really fast and just works , unlike Android.

The battery is very good, I was streaming an internet radio station to a Bluetooth speaker in a poor reception area and the battery lasted for over 5 hours, that's after a full day of light web browsing and calling in the same poor signal area

The huge number of useful apps in the app store is also quite surprising as most people say that there are very few apps available for the platform.

A great feature of the OS is that it saves text messages to your Microsoft account which means that they are backed up properly and just appear on any Windows Phone that you log-in to. I have a HTC 8S with another SIM in it and any texts that are sent to either phone, show up in both

The integration with your Windows desktop is obviously very good and works a lot better than any of the desktop apps for Android phones eg Kies etc.. It also integrates a lot better than the bloated iTunes software for iPhones

The fact that the body of the phone is based on the Galaxy S3 is also handy as it means that you can buy screen protectors etc for the S3 and use them on the Ativ S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Anyone else noticing the odd unexpected reboot?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing the odd unexpected reboot?

Not me. Are you using a class 10 micro SD by any chance or in a low signal area?

Not me. Are you using a class 10 micro SD by any chance or in a low signal area?

No SD card at all in it. I do live in and frequent bad signal areas alright.
    Is there a known issue with either?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    No SD card at all in it. I do live in and frequent bad signal areas alright.
    Is there a known issue with either?

I have read reports of either one causing problems on wpcentral. I might have read that GDR2 fixes the reboot issues.

I have GDR2 but I'm using a class 4 micro SD and haven't been in any low signal areas yet. When I'm in a low signal area I'll keep an eye out and report back.

• Advertisement

I got that update alright the day it was released for the phone.

Advertisement