Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucid Dreaming Guide - Introduction

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 1,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Lucid dream. Diary immediately after. Aids memory. Read diary dream before sleep. Increases lucid recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aaronoscar

Hi all,

I've been an avid lucid dreamer for the last 6 years, along with a friend who's had varied experience over the last 20+ years.
    There's so much out there in terms of good ways to learn the basics so from my own experience I'd recommend "Dreams of Awakening", Charlie Morley's book to get a solid grasp of the basics and varied perspectives on how it can be used, and then Robert Waggoner's "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self" as a more advanced book and an incredible read on his own experience which really shows the potential and depth of these practices.

The best advice I can give is to find others motivated to learn it too - share the interest and bounce enthusiasm off each other. That's what's been of most use to me in my journey with lucid dreaming.

Also, some of you may have heard - Robert Waggoner will be coming to Cloughjordan, Tipperary this weekend to give a 2 day workshop on learning lucid dreaming! The saturday wil be more on learning the basics and getting a solid overview, while sunday focuses on some more advanced topics/ potential of these prcatices. If you search up Dream Yoga Ireland on facebook you'll find all the info. Really looking forward to meeting more dreamers in Ireland!

There's also a group on facebook "Lucid Dreamers and Dream Yogis Ireland" which is aimed at being a way for all of us to support each other in practice and connect!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Michael Schredl and Daniel Erlacher (2004) in Lucid dreaming frequency and personality, Personality and Individual Differences, Volume 37, Issue 7, Pages 1463–1473, reported that 82% of subjects had reported lucid dreaming, personality factors were either insignificant or with low correlations, but nightmare and dream recall frequencies received some support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 1,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Stephen LaBerge (2000), Lucid dreaming: Evidence and methodology, Behavioral and Brain Sciences, Volume 23, Issue 6, pp. 962-964.

Reads novel. Falls asleep. Book on chest. Dream continues novel story. Lucid dreaming? Or not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

How to become a lucid dreamer, BBC, 3 May 2019.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Interesting news article on lucid dreaming.

Lucid Dream Society. Uncertain as to its merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I didn't know there were such resources on Lucid Dreaming, just came across this by accident.

Over the last few years I was thinking about the dreams I was having, how well the resolution of images looked, if you were to use a computer to render the images I was having it would take a lot of computer time and resources. Each blade of grass, each leaf on a tree, all independently moving.
    After a while I when I was in a dream, I knew I was in a dream and started to look about at the way the dream world about was formed, bricks, stones, surface details, colours, textures. I was controlling the dream.
    Another thing I noticed was that I never really see words, if there was handwriting or printed paper in the dreams, actual readable words were elusive, until recently. Now I can see and make out actual words in the dreams.

Hi stoneill,
    Reading your post. It's like you have gradually discovered lucid dreaming on your own. Actively shaping what we dream is cool. Feel free to open a thread in this forum. Perhaps share with us your dream as they occur. Others may join you.

Fathom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,913 ✭✭✭tom1ie

Hi,

just came across this.

Can someone explain what is lucid dreaming for me please.

Advertisement