Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Birthing individuals" the world has gone nuts

Options
  • 28-09-2015 7:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

Anyhow it seems now we refer to "pregnant people" and birthing individuals in maternity wards....

Why is this? Because the world has gone insane.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8131520

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Anyhow it seems now we refer to "pregnant people" and birthing individuals in maternity wards....

Why is this? Because the world has gone insane.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8131520

You're a member of the Midwives Alliance of North America?

Or are you just trawling for crap to get offended by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

Kev W wrote: »

This is not a personal argument on which my character gets assessed.

I am not offended by it, I am remarking and noting the saturation of subjective and distorted reality which is facilitated by language manipulations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

it's awful isn't it when people outside your little progressive circle have the opportunity to comment on things. really shouldn't be allowed.

I hope I didn't trigger anybody with that comment.

zeffabelli wrote: »
    This is not a personal argument on which my character gets assessed.

I am not offended by it, I am remarking and noting the saturation of subjective and distorted reality which is facilitated by language manipulations.

"Some people are being unneccesarily thoughtful to people who are different to me in a document that most people will never have any reason to see! The sky is falling!The sky is falling!"

God, it's getting so you can't even tell trans people what gender they're allowed to be anymore.

BUCK-AWK!

strelok wrote: »
    it's awful isn't it when people outside your little progressive circle have the opportunity to comment on things. really shouldn't be allowed.

I hope I didn't trigger anybody with that comment.

It absolutely should be allowed and I never said otherwise. I just responded. Because that is also allowed. See how that works?

Also please continue to use "progressive" as a put down, that's always good for a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

It absolutely should be allowed and I never said otherwise. I just responded. Because that is also allowed. See how that works?

Also please continue to use "progressive" as a put down, that's always good for a laugh.

will do buddy! at least until this far left identity nonsense has fizzled out and the far right pokes its head out of mary whitehouse's decaying ass to start this right-left cycle all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

This is a serious discussion forum so silly squabbling is not welcome here. Please move back on topic.

Kev W, please do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Old Jakey, your last two posts have been deleted from this thread.

If you have a point to make, make it clearly and back it up with facts. Otherwise, please don't post.

There is a standard of posting in this forum and your posts fall beneath that standard, consistently. Please do not post nonsense and please do not rant in this forum. If you do, it will be regarded as trolling and treated accordingly.

Please do not post in this thread again.

Advertisement