Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that bugs me about my school days

• 17-06-2011 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Speaking in unison. Talk about the most mind numbing excercise ever subjected to a child. Torture if you will. I was able to read a chapter from a book perfectly fine without having to read simultaneously with the rest of the class in which t h e s p e e c h s l o w s d o w n t o a b o u t h a l f t h e r a t e o f s p e a k i n g s i n g u l a r l y. Any teachers still practicing this mind numbing pointless excercise with their pupils? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I try the torture of singing in unison!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Round Robin reading was the worst and the books weren't tailored to different levels. You'd be waiting for your turn, but teacher going around the whole class listening to everyone read a page. The weakies w..wo..would.. be.. rrrr...ee...read.. reading? like th-this andyouwould. want. to. shoot. yourself. in. the. head.

Jesus Christ like, Miss, if you wanna test if he can read, bring him to your desk and give him a page to read while we work instead of humiliating the poor kid. And give him something he can actually read. Bitch.

That practice doesn't exist anymore in any civilized classroom.

Advertisement