Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EU & Germany to Legalise Paedophilia?

Options
  • 13-12-2008 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

Please someone tell me this is a crock?

http://www.tpuc.org/node/151

BERLIN, July 30, 2007(LifeSiteNews.com) - Booklets from a subsidiary of the German government's Ministry for Family Affairs encourage parents to sexually massage their children as young as 1 to 3 years of age. Two 40-page booklets entitled "Love, Body and Playing Doctor" by the German Federal Health Education Center (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung - BZgA) are aimed at parents - the first addressing children from 1-3 and the other children from 4-6 years of age.

"Fathers do not devote enough attention to the clitoris and vagina of their daughters. Their caresses too seldom pertain to these regions, while this is the only way the girls can develop a sense of pride in their sex," reads the booklet regarding 1-3 year olds. The authors rationalize, "The child touches all parts of their father's body, sometimes arousing him. The father should do the same."

..and it continues to explain more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It may be something amiss with a translation or else a very elaborate prank.

You may want to brush up on the definition of paedophilia however.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Please someone tell me this is a crock?

http://www.tpuc.org/node/151

BERLIN, July 30, 2007(LifeSiteNews.com) - Booklets from a subsidiary of the German government's Ministry for Family Affairs encourage parents to sexually massage their children as young as 1 to 3 years of age. Two 40-page booklets entitled "Love, Body and Playing Doctor" by the German Federal Health Education Center (Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung - BZgA) are aimed at parents - the first addressing children from 1-3 and the other children from 4-6 years of age.

"Fathers do not devote enough attention to the clitoris and vagina of their daughters. Their caresses too seldom pertain to these regions, while this is the only way the girls can develop a sense of pride in their sex," reads the booklet regarding 1-3 year olds. The authors rationalize, "The child touches all parts of their father's body, sometimes arousing him. The father should do the same."

..and it continues to explain more

That article sounds like a crazy far-right Catholic organisation making a straw man argument, but it deserves further investigation. Have you found anything from a more reputable source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

No. I looked and couldnt find one. And I dont know german to check a primary source.

Mike - I never came across this before. I got it in an email and found it hard to believe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

No. I looked and couldnt find one. And I dont know german to check a primary source.

Mike - I never came across this before. I got it in an email and found it hard to believe.

My best guess is that it is a mistranslation or a misunderstanding of a sex ed guide that tells parents not to punish kids for masturbating. If it was genuinely encouraging parents to take sexual pleasure from fondling their children it would cause outcry at a level higher than some website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quite, its 18 months old and the world and he wife would have been gabbing about this at the time. Nothing like this can fly under the mainstream radar in the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Sean_K wrote: »
    It may be something amiss with a translation or else a very elaborate prank.

You may want to brush up on the definition of paedophilia however.

I was re-iterating the title of the article. But go ahead .. give me the updated definition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I was re-iterating the title of the article. But go ahead .. give me the updated definition.

Well if you were re-iterating a title then you can disregard my post.

Peadophilia is a mental condition, not the actual sexual abuse of children.

And it's definition certainly hasn't been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

First I've ever heard of this. Just did a quick search on some German sites.

The brochures were available from 2001 - 2007 when the current health minister stopped their further publication due to one person taking legal action.

The brochures are no longer availble so I can't read the original text but from quotes it seems that johnnyskeleton was right in his assumption.

Definetly nothing about parents touching children from what I can see. But this is of course a highly sensitive topic and someone fianlly took umbrage about some text passages after six years. That and the fact that the current health minister is from a different party than the one under whose watch the brochures were first published is probably enough explanation for them being no longer available.

The fact however that they were in circulation for six years without any fuss and that the Swiss society for the protection of children asked for permission to copy these brochures would suggest that there was nothing sinister in them.

for anyone able to read German, here are two links to the issue:
    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,498393,00.html
    http://www.spiegel.de/media/0,4906,15962,00.pdf

peasant wrote: »
    First I've ever heard of this. Just did a quick search on some German sites.

The brochures were available from 2001 - 2007 when the current health minister stopped their further publication due to one person taking legal action.

The brochures are no longer availble so I can't read the original text but from quotes it seems that johnnyskeleton was right in his assumption.

Definetly nothing about parents touching children from what I can see. But this is of course a highly sensitive topic and someone fianlly took umbrage about some text passages after six years. That and the fact that the current health minister is from a different party than the one under whose watch the brochures were first published is probably enough explanation for them being no longer available.

The fact however that they were in circulation for six years without any fuss and that the Swiss society for the protection of children asked for permission to copy these brochures would suggest that there was nothing sinister in them.

for anyone able to read German, here are two links to the issue:
    http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,498393,00.html
    http://www.spiegel.de/media/0,4906,15962,00.pdf

Danke Schon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

For me to have any opinion on this matter I'll need a link to a site that isn't run by religious nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement