Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

incomplete uninstall (whatsapp)

Options
  • 22-05-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭

i had an issue with whatsapp, so uninstalled it. however, the uninstall didn't work properly - the app still shows in the apps list but i get a black screen when i try to launch it. In the windows store, i get the option to launch whatsapp, not reinstall it.

I have tried a soft reset.

I also switched to the Fast ring in the hope that a new build would clear it, but nothing.

I don't have the option to go to whatsapp settings.

any ideas apart from a hard reset?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    i had an issue with whatsapp, so uninstalled it. however, the uninstall didn't work properly - the app still shows in the apps list but i get a black screen when i try to launch it. In the windows store, i get the option to launch whatsapp, not reinstall it.

I have tried a soft reset.

I also switched to the Fast ring in the hope that a new build would clear it, but nothing.

I don't have the option to go to whatsapp settings.

any ideas apart from a hard reset?

thanks

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

- In Settings > Apps and Features, is WhatsApp listed? Can you try to force an uninstall from here?
    - Reboot the phone, try install again?

Failing that you are probably in "Hard reset" territory... sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

- In Settings > Apps and Features, is WhatsApp listed? Can you try to force an uninstall from here?
    - Reboot the phone, try install again?

Failing that you are probably in "Hard reset" territory... sorry.

tried to uninstall from the apps/features list and at least i got an error message :
    We couldn't uninstall Whatsapp. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x8000000e, in case you need it

rebooting the phone doesn't solve it.

Advertisement