Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We're struggling to conceive

• 13-05-2021 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

It's been around 9 months now, trying but no joy. Our first baby came without much effort at all.

My wife is really struggling and it seems like all of her friends are getting pregnant. She's had two early miscarriages which hasn't helped.

I'm trying to stay positive etc... from what I know 9 months isn't abnormally long time to be trying and the fact she conceived twice is positive too. Just I don't know what to say, what to do. It's like groundhogs day and each time it doesn't happen it seems to compound... I know so many others must face this but probably suffer in silence.

Is there any support group? Any advice... ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mod Note:

OP, I am going to move your thread from "Personal Issues" to "Trying to Conceive" over in the Family forum. You might get some useful responses there, although by all means post here again if you feel you need to.

S

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Sorry to hear of your struggles. I've been there myself with secondary infertility and it's very isolating and stressful.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1091

This is the TTC forum. When I was posting, there were a few of us on the journey and I found chatting to them online very helpful.

Does your wife feel like you both need to explore medical options?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

If you or your wife use Instagram, I would suggest following a user called "The fertility hack". She is a fertility nurse and she talks through the different interventions that clinics use and gives advice on when it might or might not to appropriate to seek treatment.

Advertisement