Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DAZN (Premier League & Champions League etc) €1.99 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

thebo wrote: »
    Will dazn be showing Heineken cup rugby?

It shows pro14 and 6 nations so hopefully shows Heineken aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    It shows pro14 and 6 nations so hopefully shows Heineken aswell

Is it English commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Is it English commentary?

Yep has the usual guys you would hear on the likes of sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I suppose everyone who watches Dazn are watching on a firestick?

It works fine on my iPad and firestick but I can't cast to TV as the VPN ip address differs from my home IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

James__10 wrote: »
    I suppose everyone who watches Dazn are watching on a firestick?

It works fine on my iPad and firestick but I can't cast to TV as the VPN ip address differs from my home IP address.

Haven't used my firestick? Normal app and vpn work?

• Advertisement

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Haven't used my firestick? Normal app and vpn work?

Yes app works fine on iPad and phone but just having problems casting to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭thebo

Tried signing up connected to Canadian windscribe but after entering account details and clicking continue I get error that we can't setup your account at this time.

Is this working anymore?

I'm using android app from playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Does this do F1?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Just followed the instructions and successfully signed up @1.99
    Installed windscribe vpn on my pc and can confirm it works fine in there as well, Serie A here I come!
    thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Just installed it on the fire stick and all good .
    Thanks to op for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

Anyone tried one of these for steaming? https://www.streamlocator.com/ Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

andydurnin wrote: »
    Anyone tried one of these for steaming? https://www.streamlocator.com/ Is it any good?

Seems to be a router that connects with a specific DNS... Not terribly bad value if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

Seems to be a router that connects with a specific DNS... Not terribly bad value if it works

Check out this video - looks good -
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85skVf-cGDg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Will dazn be showing Heineken cup rugby?

DAZN do not have the rights to EPCR anymore

The Munster game this weekend will be on France 2 which is free to view through their website (or app if you can get it) but it will have French commentary...

Full list of broadcasters from earlier in the season

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/12/09/where-to-watch-this-seasons-heineken-champions-cup-and-european-rugby-challenge-cup/

BT Sport – United Kingdom and Ireland
    Channel 4 – United Kingdom
    Virgin Media – Ireland
    beIN SPORTS – France, MENA, South East Asia and Australia
    France Télévisions (FR2) – France
    Telefonica – Spain and Andorra
    Sport TV – Portugal
    GO – Malta
    SuperSport – Sub-Saharan Africa and adjacent islands
    NBC (Now called Peacock TV) – USA
    SportsMax – Caribbean
    EPCRugby.tv

Can someone upload a picture of the best visual settings to optimise the quality of Dazn on Firestick. I'm using 720x50 but can still see judder sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Spn744 wrote: »
    Yes the Irish DAZN app from the App Store then connected to Windscribe Canadian VPN, I signed up for the 1 month free trial from Canada as a test. Switching to the 1.99 at the end of the month.

Did you manage to get it at that price?

I messed up after the free month, went on the app with no VPN & paid the €2. Tried canada then on vpn, wouldn't work.
    Won't even let me login now on the Canadian site, getting the account region error, even though I created a Canadian account to sign up.
    Even cancelled the sub but still get the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

DAZN do not have the rights to EPCR anymore

The Munster game this weekend will be on France 2 which is free to view through their website (or app if you can get it) but it will have French commentary...

Full list of broadcasters from earlier in the season

https://www.epcrugby.com/2020/12/09/where-to-watch-this-seasons-heineken-champions-cup-and-european-rugby-challenge-cup/

BT Sport – United Kingdom and Ireland
    Channel 4 – United Kingdom
    Virgin Media – Ireland
    beIN SPORTS – France, MENA, South East Asia and Australia
    France Télévisions (FR2) – France
    Telefonica – Spain and Andorra
    Sport TV – Portugal
    GO – Malta
    SuperSport – Sub-Saharan Africa and adjacent islands
    NBC (Now called Peacock TV) – USA
    SportsMax – Caribbean
    EPCRugby.tv

Peacock will work on firestick with smart dns (I'm using getflix). Is 4.99 USD. I've signed up for a month. Has loads of other rugby and premiership football as well as other sports and movies. I'll sign up to the end of the Heineken Cup anyway. Between DAZN, peacock and S sports I've the premiership 3 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

Peacock will work on firestick with smart dns (I'm using getflix). Is 4.99 USD. I've signed up for a month. Has loads of other rugby and premiership football as well as other sports and movies. I'll sign up to the end of the Heineken Cup anyway. Between DAZN, peacock and S sports I've the premiership 3 times!

What cc did you use for Peacock? Tried signing up via Paypal (AIB Visa) - would not work?

JohnGonne1 wrote: »
    What cc did you use for Peacock? Tried signing up via Paypal (AIB Visa) - would not work?

I used a revolut card via Google pay. Forgot to mention I used windscribe to sign up initially but it won't actually stream with that. Just for sign up then smart dns to watch it. I've never been able to get smart dns working on my phone though. So firestick only!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JohnGonne1

I used a revolut card via Google pay. Forgot to mention I used windscribe to sign up initially but it won't actually stream with that. Just for sign up then smart dns to watch it. I've never been able to get smart dns working on my phone though. So firestick only!

Thanks, will try that later. I have the SS Sports already - tried the DAZN, and I made the same mistake as contributor above. Would be good to get 1 working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 chris0808

Anyone that signed up for DAZN on Android and received the "You can only access DAZN in the country where you created your account" error can get a refund through the following link: https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/play_request_refund_apps

My refund was approved immediately. Hope this helps someone, even if it is only €2!

Does anyone have a workaround on how to cast from iPad to TV? The problem is that my home WiFi has a different IP address from the VPN one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone have a workaround on how to cast from iPad to TV? The problem is that my home WiFi has a different IP address from the VPN one?

It's not ideal but could you use a wired connection using an adaptor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Hotspot on iPad and connect TV to the Ipad hotspot?

recyclebin wrote: »
    Hotspot on iPad and connect TV to the Ipad hotspot?

Worked a treat, Cheers ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Did you side load the app or change your account to US? Thanks

Did you side load the app or change your account to US? Thanks

Sideload. The app doesn't have a picture after it's loaded just a generic icon so doesn't stand out. Just realised also I'm still on my week free trial so haven't paid yet. First payment due the 13th so I'll post whether it goes through okay or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Sideload. The app doesn't have a picture after it's loaded just a generic icon so doesn't stand out. Just realised also I'm still on my week free trial so haven't paid yet. First payment due the 13th so I'll post whether it goes through okay or not.

Thanks man ,would you have link to your apk, I got an error with the one I used saying it's not supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

The DAZN app is in the Amazon app store.

• Advertisement

Thanks man ,would you have link to your apk, I got an error with the one I used saying it's not supported.

Sure, I used this one here https://troypoint.com/peacock

I'll assume you have downloader app and know what to do!

Advertisement