Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who knows the best Business PLC courses?

• 10-02-2021 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

How's things folks?

Leaving Cert student looking into PLC's and the opportunities associated with them. Bit of background: The only college course I've interest in is BComm in UCD. The points absolutely skyrocketed last year and with 80k CAO applicants this year it's going to pump again.

I was looking into alternative entry routes e.g through PLC's. Entry to BComm through progression from QQI-FET require as follows; "Pass in the following QQI-FET Level 5 award with distinction (80% or better) in a minimum of 5 modules: BBSXX/5M2102"

How achievable is this? I have absolutely zero experience with PLC's and I'm hoping somebody can recommend a solid PLC course that will tick the boxes.

Are there any PLC colleges to avoid? What are the top colleges and have the best reputation?

Appreciate it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's very achievable if you put the head down and do the work.

The problem is, you will not be the only person who has the maximum amount of marks from your course and you will be in competition with them all (and others who have done the same course in other colleges) for the 'QQI-FET' places, whereas with the LC if you get the required number of points you are in.

As regards recommendations, the ETB FE colleges are the ones who set these courses up and have been delivering them for the longest and do not run them to make a profit, so I would recommend an ETB college.

Advertisement