Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finelines

• 09-09-2020 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I was looking through some old CDs and found a copy of My Vitriol - Finelines

Whatever happened to this band?
    I remember they were really hyped in the early 00s, but never released a follow up and just faded out.

I’ve been playing it all day, and it’s still a fantastic listen. It’s a little of it’s time, sort of shoegaze / pumpkins sounding, but It has some nice songs and great guitar playing. I find it strange that they haven’t done much since and I rarely hear the album spoken about by folks my age.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭T.V Eye

Granadino wrote: »

Thanks for the DIS article. Really interesting.

I guess, I find it strange that a band I recall being pretty big just faded out a little and was curious what other “alt indie” fans my age remembered. Back when everyone read DIS.

You’re making the point that I should just google them rather than post about it. Haha, point taken and no wonder this place is a ghost town these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I absolutely love that album and it still gets a regular listen, as well as the B-sides record Between the Lines (Wait a Minute and All of Me are personal favourites).

They did actually release a follow up of sorts towards the end of 2016 - Secret Sessions is actually pretty good, I was waiting years for it to drop via Pledge! I was also hoping it was the start of a proper return but things haven't really kicked on since.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

T.V Eye wrote: »
    Thanks for the DIS article. Really interesting.

You’re making the point that I should just google them rather than post about it. Haha, point taken and no wonder this place is a ghost town these days.

No, not as such, :) Just posted some links. From what I can see, it looks like they got really popular really quickly without a band as such, and it all fell apart after that? I remember them on a Rock Sound CD sampler but not sure if it was anything from that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭T.V Eye

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I absolutely love that album and it still gets a regular listen, as well as the B-sides record Between the Lines (Wait a Minute and All of Me are personal favourites).

They did actually release a follow up of sorts towards the end of 2016 - Secret Sessions is actually pretty good, I was waiting years for it to drop via Pledge! I was also hoping it was the start of a proper return but things haven't really kicked on since.

Nice. I’ll have a dive into the B Sides.

There some interesting covers on there too. Jawbox and Guides by Voices.

Yeah. It seems like they’ve been pretty sporadic since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭thebronze14

Class album! Some really underrated/under appreciated bands around then

Advertisement