Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payments from YouTube views

• 31-07-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Youtube channel and one of my videos has now hit 110k views, my account is monetised (ads), would i be looking at getting anything for this and if so how do i go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

If you're in the partner program (you need 1,000 subscribers too) and the video is monetized you'll be paid when you hit the minimum payment. Used to be €70, combined between YT and adsense, but not sure nowadays.

110k views on one video is not likely to generate very much, maybe not even enough to hit that threshold depending on ad clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

sdanseo wrote: »
    If you're in the partner program (you need 1,000 subscribers too) and the video is monetized you'll be paid when you hit the minimum payment. Used to be €70, combined between YT and adsense, but not sure nowadays.

110k views on one video is not likely to generate very much, maybe not even enough to hit that threshold depending on ad clicks.

Well thats that goosed, i have 112 subscribers.

Story of it is my daughter took the vid in Dublin Zoo and i uploaded it, she's been seeing all sorts of crap on google that ya get between 300-700 for 100k views and is asking for her share :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

scudzilla wrote: »
    Well thats that goosed, i have 112 subscribers.

Story of it is my daughter took the vid in Dublin Zoo and i uploaded it, she's been seeing all sorts of crap on google that ya get between 300-700 for 100k views and is asking for her share :pac::pac::pac:

It used to pay $1 to $2 per 1,000 views, I ended up with a video having around 7k and it worked out to under $20. But I never got paid because I never hit the min.

Have seen a lot of creators saying that the payments have become much worse since, that was a few years ago.

If your account is already monetised there may still be a way to get paid. Maybe check what your account says. But I know mine was, the money was sitting there unpaid because I never bothered uploading more, and eventually got booted from the program and told to come back when I had the subscriber requirement. If you're still in, then you may be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

scudzilla wrote: »
    110k views, my account is monetised (ads), would i be looking at getting anything for this and if so how do i go about it?

You'd have to check the channel analytics for what the revenue per mille figure is, but I suspect it's less than a Euro per thousand, so you'd be lucky to have near a hundred quid for that.

Adsense payout seems to be €70, so if the RPM has been good, you might already have that and it's probably pending other information such as address confirmation and account info to pay out to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm currently running revenue at $2.65/1000. That's US, I have no idea if payouts are different in Europe.

That said, my understanding is that revenue can vary wildly depending on the nature of the video, adverts running, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement