Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I've found lately that the notification doesn't appear on my phone but if you check the app the receipt and next scratch card are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Receipt and scratch card appeared today - thanks!

On a side note, their premium yoghurts used to be 29c and seem to now be 39c. This seems to have changed in last couple days. I queried it but was just told that that must be the price now! Massive increase for a yoghurt #FirstWorldProblem etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No chicken nuggets or goujons still in my local Lidl. They're on offer till 01/09, so why not in stock?

Baby shampoo/Partbaked rolls on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Two weeks in a row there was one or two items not in stock

Also before that the coffee cake was one thing they they added a second different item as alternative, they did that before with other items

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Prices of quite a few things I buy regularly have gone up at least 20%. All lower price items so I guess they hope you don't notice, but it all adds up at the till.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have noticed price creep a lot in Aldi as well over the last six months. 10c here, 20c there but all ads up. The middle aisles are the worst offender and I rarely buy anything there anymore. Stuff that used to be always 3 or 4 euro is now 6-7. I saw a charcoal chimney starter that was 7.99 last year, this year it was 19.99. Tesco were still selling their one for 7.99 so that was a bit of an eye opener for me.

I think the days of assuming Lidl/Aldi are the cheapest for everything are over, it is no longer always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

No notifications for me anymore either, but receipt and scratch there when I go in. Also lots and lots of updates these days.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Theres LIDL ALDI and a really great supervalu in my town and I dont find supervalu dearer than the German discount brands for the items I buy once I use the vouchers, 5 euro off 35 euro shop and I usually have 2 of them each week so I get a tenner off in supervalu. It's a much much nicer shopping experience too so I don't see the point in ALDI or LIDL. Their prices have certainly gone up now they have their market share.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone see the baby shampoo in store? Been in 2 lidls since getting the voucher and didn't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

It would be better if they offered €5 off a €35 spend at Lidl now. Had every treat activated and scratchers activated today going into store. Purchased 3 treats and 2 scratch & win items but only one treat and one scratch and win applied item applied. It’s a scam at this stage.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't be better for me. I don't spend €35 in one go as I'm not a car owner and have to carry my shopping home.

I've only had problems twice since since the app started and they were both sorted out and credit given to me within a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Noticed in my local lidl that the items you could win the scratch card (biscuits or whatever) were strategically placed in the bagging area .. that is the bagging area that you go to when you’ve already paid and checked out, meaning to avail of your measly free pack of biscuits you’d have to go and try and re queue to get them.. absolute nonsense..

Saying that, I’ve been shopping more in lidl lately, stores are clean and produce is fresh and tidy.. that’s more important to me than the biscuits.

Do you mean the shelf after the tills?

If so just activate and scan the offers when you're paying and take them when you're packing. If anybody comes after you you've proof on the app that you've done your bit.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I have a €5 off €25 spend on my app but only because our local Lidl is closed for renovations. They were giving out leaflets with a QR code for each of the next 4 weeks to get €5 off €25, you just scan the code onto the app. They are limited to being used in the closest 3 Lidls but the shop is closed for 6 months. It's probably to get customers used to one of the other branches. Nice use of the app I thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Fantastic thanks a million for the tip…. Will do. Not angry in the slightest, just don’t see the point in having an app that has regular issues and has many faults, I realise that there can be the odd issue with these things but this to be fair is a regular occurrence with the Lidl app. Perhaps it’s an idea that they come up with something that works for the most part.

lidl have now put a notice on the app that they are experiencing technical issues and coupons cannot be redeemed, hopefully they can get it resolved

Post edited by amber2 on

App down again

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Next week's offers not looking to great, lots of 20% / 25% off which dose not seem like much of a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

It would be nice if they made that notice more prominent in the app instead of burying it. Picked up a few days worth of 'freebies' and other discounted rubbish that I've now had to pay full whack for and not even a receipt to prove I bought them...

What??

It's the first thing that appears when you open the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

• Advertisement

That's weird. Maybe it's because you haven't enabled your alerts?

It’s the same on mine but the app issue is highlighted under my vouchers rather than above like yours.

LidlPlus is down since midday

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

I can still see the banner in the app. Is it down today too?

I still see it too, I assume it must be down again as they usual remove it when it's back working

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Used it at lunchtime and it worked perfectly for me.

Still no baby shampoo, but the baby lotion and baby bath is available with that scratch card as it's the same product code so I picked up one of them and the voucher came off

Caramel Bars and Toffee Hitz out on the app stand (presumably for tomorrow’s new scratchers)

Mine shows free choc (100g) Thurs only

• Advertisement

Yep free chocolate bar for their birthday, today only, just picked mine up And got 50cent on scratch card

Advertisement